"Disney Junior - Live on Stage!" concept art

Buried20KLeague

Sounds to me like the show is going to be the same, with a swap out of the Winnie the Pooh segment for this new show. If so...

:fork:

Also, really not sure what Little Einsteins is still doing in there. Hasn't that show's popularity really dropped a lot over the past couple years?

beyondyou

Sorry to disappoint those of you looking for a major change or hope that Pooh is staying, but he's not.

The show is taking out pooh and friends and adding in the little pirates; along with a semi new paint job.
Everything else is still set to stay the same

NewfieFan

Yeah, I saw that concept artwork somewhere before as well but can't remember!

I wonder if they're trying to remove Pooh from the toddler/playschool age group so that he has a broader appeal when the new movie comes out this summer? Just a thought... :shrug:

danstadnik

I've never understood why there is so little synergy (sorry for the overused buzzword) between Disney Parks and The Disney Channel. I guess you can say there is now, due to Jake and the Pirates, but I mean with everything else. Like Jojo's Circus characters at Hollywood & Dine years after the show was totally off the air... Little Einsteins currently having a presence in DHS, and that show not really being on... Phineas and Ferb has been a big hit since 2008 and they're just NOW coming to the parks... Just recently starting a show based on Camp Rock and such, and my 11 yr old daughter and her friends don't like those movies anymore... The Playhouse Disney show and the Disney Channel parade/concert/show should both change annually. Its not like they're huge multimiliion dollar extravaganzas.

RAXIP

There were Cast Member previews for Disney Junior- Live on Stage! at Hollywood Studios today and I was able to film the show. Here's a video featuring clips from the show and the new Jake and the Never Land Pirates segment. The rest of the show (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny & Little Einsteins) is the same. You can skip to 3:10 for the new part of the show.

[YOUTUBE]KSRFg0VVJ4s[/YOUTUBE]

the-reason14

A little OT, but can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind changing 'playhouse disney' to 'disney junior'? This is the tv channel of course, I really don't get it. Why couldn't they just keep the 'playhouse' name? Doesn't Nick have a Nick Jr. still? So what gives??

lebeau

Guys, Little Einsteins is still on the Disney Channel. I don't know if they are making new epsiodes or not, but it is still on. Jo Jo and Goliath was on most of the time they were at the Playhouse Disney Meal. A lot of times these shows get shuffled to an earlier time slot and people around here think they are gone. Just because you don't see it anymore, don't assume it's off the air. Heck, Bear and the Big Blue House played on the Disney Channel for years after they stopped making new episodes.

Pioneer Hall

A little OT, but can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind changing 'playhouse disney' to 'disney junior'? This is the tv channel of course, I really don't get it. Why couldn't they just keep the 'playhouse' name? Doesn't Nick have a Nick Jr. still? So what gives??

It is a marketing trick. Disney Jr seems to be a little more "older kid" sounding than Playhouse Disney which in turn will help them market better. I think the name also allows them to take Nick on better for that demographic.

Since the have changed the show does anyone know if they are going to change out the characters for the breakfast and lunch at Hollywood and Vine?

RAXIP

Since the have changed the show does anyone know if they are going to change out the characters for the breakfast and lunch at Hollywood and Vine?

They already did that back in October, replacing Jo Jo with Special Agent Oso. The other characters are Leo and June from Little Eistiens and Handy Manny.

dcibrando

I was actually very disappointed in the playhouse disney live on stage show when I saw it with my 1 1/2yr old daughter for the first time back in november. We kept waiting for the hot dog song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and couldn't believe they never even did that one.

I was happy when they were "redoing" the show for Disney Junior but very saddened to see that nothing (other than addition of the pirates) was really being done to it. Disney could do a MUCH better job with this show IMHO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom