Disney Is Reportedly Looking to Reboot Pirates of the Caribbean

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So far, the source of the Depp Drop is one guy whose connection to the franchise is not that deep. All the internet reporting so far goes back to that one interview with no confirmation from any other sources.

Tick Tock

So far, the source of the Depp Drop is one guy whose connection to the franchise is not that deep. All the internet reporting so far goes back to that one interview with no confirmation from any other sources.
The "Depp Drop" :hilarious:

That sounds like an amusement park attraction that is fun & entertaining the first time, but gradually gets more mundane, and can give some guests bruises.

Captain Barbossa

The comment was made by Stuart Beattie, who created Jack Sparrow. Though his name appears in the credits in all 5 films, that's pretty much it. The only film that he was involved in the making of was CotBP. Like you said, no deep connection to the franchise, or the company. I wouldn't pay him or his comments any attention.

SJN1279

Johnny Depp made the Pirates franchise successful. Without him, it will flat out bomb(just like all Pirate themed movies before it).

LSLS

I get that Disney doesn't collect every penny a movie makes, but I have a hard time buying into the notion that million dollar grossing movies lose money, or that most Disney movies lose money.

They wouldn't be in the movie business if that were the case. Most movies don't come close to earning as much as most Disney movies do, how do all these studios survive?

Not that I want to keep rehashing old arguments, but about half of movies make a profit.

Link

AdventureHasAName

Looks like they’ve moved on from Margot Robbie and are circling another actress for the lead role:

Looks like Disney got tired of destroying its other billion dollar franchises (Star Wars, Marvel, Indiana Jones) and has moved on to the next one. They should just burn the money every night in a ceremony in Adventureland; it would be faster.

Phroobar

Ayo Edebiri does tv and voice acting. Comedian. No feature movies. She played April O'Neil in the recent TMNT movie.

EPCOT-O.G.

I love the actress in The Bear. She has a quirky endearing demeanor. Whether that is enough to rejuvenate an expensive* moribund franchise, or whether her supporting TV presence** can open and carry a film, is anyone’s guess.

* there is only so much you can do to make epic ocean-based adventure films on the cheap.

** her costar on The Bear’s most recently well regarded film, with a much more well known cast, has only made $36M at the box office - and he’s a much more visible presence in The Bear’s marketing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom