Disney Is Reportedly Looking to Reboot Pirates of the Caribbean

celluloid

The budgets of the last couple rise to redonkulous level

It’s Joe rhode was the production designer

The last couple were near 250 million and if they were to it now of course it would cost more.

And if it cost around the same, you will get a lot of virtual sets, that likely won't have that same swashbuckling feel would be my concern.

Captain Barbossa

Horner’s music was fantastic
Zimmer

The Gore Verbinski directed trilogy just had a certain polish and style to it that the follow-up movies didn't have. I'd be begging him to come back before any of the actors.
Lone Ranger pretty much determined Gore’s future with Disney, unfortunately.

The biggest problem with on Stranger Tides was the lackluster direction. It missed the spark that Verbinski provided.
I’ll never understand the hate for OST. Was I a big fan of it at first? No, not really. But I grew to love it and I have it in my top 3. It blows Dead Men out of the water but no one wants to admit it. After having to turn it down due to prior commitments, Gore suggested they go with Marshall, and they did. There are similarities between him and Gore in some aspects, and they show in the film, which is one of the reasons why I like it.

celluloid

Zimmer

Lone Ranger pretty much determined Gore’s future with Disney, unfortunately.

I’ll never understand the hate for OST. Was I a big fan of it at first? No, not really. But I grew to love it and I have it in my top 3. It blows Dead Men out of the water but no one wants to admit it. After having to turn it down due to prior commitments, Gore suggested they go with Marshall, and they did. There are similarities between him and Gore in some aspects, and they show in the film, which is one of the reasons why I like it.

One of the reasons OST went meh is oversaturation and coming after the great trilogy that ended ok enough. That was the fourth movie installment in eight years and removed two of the central characters. Not many films at the time were doing that. Even now, they hit their wall fairly fast.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One of the reasons OST went meh is oversaturation and coming after the great trilogy that ended ok enough. That was the fourth movie installment in eight years and removed two of the central characters. Not many films at the time were doing that. Even now, they hit their wall fairly fast.
Not sure about great trilogy…Disney struggles mightily with sticking the landings

They’re consistent in that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry my tone was not coming off in text.

My "great trilogy" and "ended good enough" was to imply At World's End absolutely sucked after Dead Men's Chest was the typical dark and complicated plot high.
No I gotcha

I’d say black pearl is the best and a perfect standalone…but dead man’s was a good effort. At worlds end went kinda Lucas…whizz and bangs without much point

Wendy Pleakley

The first is an all time classic. Fun characters. Great pacing. Fun. Originality - when they're fighting and change from human to skeleton as they move through shafts of light, that was just a clever scene we've never seen before.

The second one was too long and the absence of Barbossa was felt. The entire opening with the tribe felt a bit ludicrous and bloated. Jack surviving a fall off a mountain, while barely being slowed down by crashing through bridges, turned him into a cartoon character who cannot be hurt and that took away any tension.

It ended well, and I appreciate the story points that built towards the finale of the trilogy.

I loved the opening of part 3. The entire segment with Barbossa and the crew rescuing Will was fun. The pirate lords and Jack outsmarting them was fun. I love the finale with the giant whirlpool and Geoffrey Rush chewing the scenery and seemingly having incredible fun in the role. For a while part 3 was my favourite but having watched it again not long ago it's not quite as good as I remember.

EPCOT-O.G.

The first is an all time classic. Fun characters. Great pacing. Fun. Originality - when they're fighting and change from human to skeleton as they move through shafts of light, that was just a clever scene we've never seen before.

The second one was too long and the absence of Barbossa was felt. The entire opening with the tribe felt a bit ludicrous and bloated. Jack surviving a fall off a mountain, while barely being slowed down by crashing through bridges, turned him into a cartoon character who cannot be hurt and that took away any tension.

It ended well, and I appreciate the story points that built towards the finale of the trilogy.

I loved the opening of part 3. The entire segment with Barbossa and the crew rescuing Will was fun. The pirate lords and Jack outsmarting them was fun. I love the finale with the giant whirlpool and Geoffrey Rush chewing the scenery and seemingly having incredible fun in the role. For a while part 3 was my favourite but having watched it again not long ago it's not quite as good as I remember.
Let’s not also forget the Davey Jones SFX, which, honestly? Is up there with T2 in terms of being a monumental achievement in the field

celluloid

Putting the Paul Frees and ride dialogue in the blackout scene of the third would have been pure class, if they had not just removed it from the attraction.

The first knew what it was an homage to, and yet remained its own swashbuckling adventure.

Basil of Baker Street

No I gotcha

I’d say black pearl is the best and a perfect standalone…but dead man’s was a good effort. At worlds end went kinda Lucas…whizz and bangs without much point
100% Pearl should have been a stand alone. Then a new movie every 6-8 years with different cast and story. Having a governor's daughter as some sort of pirate lord was about as bad and having Princess Leia flying in outer space

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom