News Disney introduces new Florida Resident Theme Park Select Pass and add-ons for other passes

Lets Respect

I'm not complaining because I think it's nice of them to offer it. BUT - I think most people won't bite.

It's hot, it's humid, it's crowded, raining pretty much every day. If you live within driving distance and didn't already elect to get a gold pass or upgrade (which you can do, if you're regretting the blockouts) by this point in the summer, you're probably not interested. You can just wait a month, go, and pay nothing extra. Wait a little longer than that and it'll be less crowded with better weather, outside of a few named storms blowing in.

Good! The fewer people the better on my trip :)

SamN'Dean

Just don’t take away my weekday select and we’re good!

The $89 upcharge is reasonable but I don’t think you could drag me there in the summer.

It's absolutely crazy what they are charging for APs these days, and now they are doing upcharges!
Personally, I would love to dump my Silver and go to Weekend Select, except that would kill all my weekends, which I only get 26 a year anyway. But $439 a year, and they want to add to that?! Unacceptable!!
I can only justify paying over $300 for an AP by purchasing one every other year.

ThatMouse

It's absolutely crazy what they are charging for APs these days, and now they are doing upcharges!
Personally, I would love to dump my Silver and go to Weekend Select, except that would kill all my weekends, which I only get 26 a year anyway. But $439 a year, and they want to add to that?! Unacceptable!!
I can only justify paying over $300 for an AP by purchasing one every other year.

I'm in the same boat. We are downsizing our Disney, not supersizing it. We do about 4 long weekends a year over from Tampa, and as they increase prices and resort rates (PARKING!!), we will just go less and maybe start the trips on Sunday instead of Saturday. Disney seems to be focused here on trying to get each park at a predictable attendance. This, along with FP+, let's them know what park you're going to, which saves them money, but doesn't pass any savings onto us.

JoeCamel

Do you really want to be in the parks on weekends in the summer? Or Anytime in the summer????

SSH

I'm not complaining because I think it's nice of them to offer it. BUT - I think most people won't bite.

It's hot, it's humid, it's crowded, raining pretty much every day. If you live within driving distance and didn't already elect to get a gold pass or upgrade (which you can do, if you're regretting the blockouts) by this point in the summer, you're probably not interested. You can just wait a month, go, and pay nothing extra. Wait a little longer than that and it'll be less crowded with better weather, outside of a few named storms blowing in.

Exactly. Speaking as a long time Floridian, once that summer humidity hits, the only places I want to be from June -Oct are in my own home's AC, down in the Keys, or on a nearby beach. They'd have to pay ME to go to WDW this time of year.

Tony the Tigger

I'm in the same boat. We are downsizing our Disney, not supersizing it. We do about 4 long weekends a year over from Tampa, and as they increase prices and resort rates (PARKING!!), we will just go less and maybe start the trips on Sunday instead of Saturday. Disney seems to be focused here on trying to get each park at a predictable attendance. This, along with FP+, let's them know what park you're going to, which saves them money, but doesn't pass any savings onto us.

Same here. Compared to a lot of people, we’re very lucky to pay around $260 per year for the Weekday Select pass. We prefer not to go on weekends anyway and rarely have weekends off from work. We make the most of our time by driving up on a Sunday night and staying off site that night, so we have a full Monday to start.

If the pass is eliminated or the price goes through the roof, we would downsize to that $159 3-day fun pass in the Spring and not have AP’s anymore. We’ve been enough times, and are in “enjoy it while we can” mode.

drizgirl

That's less than a 4 day park hopper at $455.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Star Wars Land isn't building itself you know. :p

We're all about to take it on the chin.

I mean, it's not like we aren't already holding ESPN above water.

hAIOoPL.jpg

Gringrinngghost

Theme Park Select and Silver Tier will remain at $439. So it's an alternative to the Silver. A quick glance at the blackout dates for the next year.

MK: 67 Days
Epcot: 35 Days
DHS: 44 Days
AK: 41 Days
Silver: 52 Days
Silver (Summer Addon): 11 Days

The first half of 2019:
MK: 97 Days
Epcot: 28 Days
DHS: 86 Days
AK: 77 Days
Silver: 77 Days

The difference on Summer Addon cost, you save before tax 61 dollars on a Gold Tier pass. It's also intended to be a deliberate way to make it seem like you are getting the best bang for you buck. Ahh retail psychology.

Fun Bonus: The pass will only work at Epcot tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sonconato

Theme Park Select and Silver Tier will remain at $439. So it's an alternative to the Silver. A quick glance at the blackout dates for the next year.

The first half of 2019:

The difference on Summer Addon cost, you save before tax 61 dollars on a Gold Tier pass. It's also intended to be a deliberate way to make it seem like you are getting the best bang for you buck. Ahh retail psychology.

Just curious...where did you find the information above regarding the number of block-out dates for each Park? I've been trying to find this information with no luck. I received the email but the information I'm able to access is limited. Last night, we even went to Guest Services and spoke to two different CMs and neither one of them have ever heard about this pass, nor the $89 add-on. In fact, they didn't even know that 3 weeks of block-out days for the lower tiers were lifted in June! I didn't log-in to my account so perhaps that's what I need to do.

MrPromey

The first half of 2019:

Wow - that WSJ video promised so much and then delivered nothing. No wonder they hide their content behind a paywall. :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom