disney in sept?

Poco909

hey i was just wondering how are the crowds in sept, we always went in oct, but thinking of going in sept this year...like what would be the average wait time for a ride, more or less busy then october??? just curiouss thanks:)

KnK

We love going in September. This will be our 11th September in a row. Wait times are great. We head down the Saturday after Labor day and stay 10 days.

Weekdays are less crowded than the weekends. During the week, we have been able to get through the MK in about 4 or 5 hours. Riding some items twice.

Weather is usually still on the warm side, but we love our afternoon pool time. Some years have been rainer than others. Heck one year didn't rain one day!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I love September crowds. We run into some moderate crowds Labor Day weekend but nothing too bad (30 minute wait or so)The rest of the trip most rides while we were there had a 5 minute wait posted and that was just the walk through the line. We rode our favorite rides over and over and still did everything there as many times as wanted to.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

We will be going for the fourth time in September in a few months. We go the first week of September (around August 30 - September 14 --give or take a few days either way). The weather the last two years has been very hot--95 with a lot of humidity...but we enjoy going back to the resort in the afternoon and taking naps and going for a swim, so the heat does not bother us (and we drink lots of water). The average wait for most attractions for us has been about 10 minutes, with 30 minute waits for the mountains--Space, Splash, Thunder and Expedition. We also take advantage of Fast Pass for those attractions, as well as Soarin'. We were able to do Soarin' at least six times last trip between the two days we were at Epcot--and only used the Fast Pass three of those six times.

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

Last year I was there end of Sept. beginning of Oct. Light crowds, the only day we ran into any type of crowds was our last day, which turned out to be part of fall break in Florida....but still much better wait times then what I was used to in June, July, August.

Upvote 0

Cmdr_Crimson

Last year I was there end of Sept. beginning of Oct. Light crowds, the only day we ran into any type of crowds was our last day, which turned out to be part of fall break in Florida....but still much better wait times then what I was used to in June, July, August.

Sweet! This is good news for me since I'll be going around that time!:D:sohappy:

Upvote 0

jtwyatt

Last year we arrived on september 1st and left sptember 16th. It did get a little crowded over the initial labor day weekend, but after that the crowds were great. There were some short waits, but nothing to out of this world.

Upvote 0

RyMelEm

We've always gone Late Oct/Early Nov. Last year we were inticed by "Free Dining" and stayed Sept 12-20th. Let me tell you- NEVER AGAIN in Sept! It was unbelievable HOT! So hot in fact that it almost ruined our vacation. We were miserable the whole time and it made it hard to enjoy everything because it felt like our skin was literally melting off. It zaped all of our energy and almost my will to go on living. Ok, so maybe it wasn't that bad but, it was REALLY HOT! :hammer:

OP- I'm not sure where your from? Maybe where you live it gets really hot during the summers. In that case- Going in September might not be so bad. :shrug: I'm from Souther Calif and our summers are in the 100's. But the kinda heat we felt in Sept. kicked our summers butt. The Heat and Humidity Combo was too much for us to handle. But if you can get over the heat the crowds are Awesome in Mid-Late Sept.

Upvote 0

brucie

We are going in Sept. It will be our third time. Very little crowds, I think it's one of the best times to go. It can be very hot, often summer temperatures, Oct it starts to cool down a bit!

Upvote 0

EPCOT.nut

I think Soarin was at about an hour or maybe longer. Fantasy Land rides were always usually 45 minutes in the middle of the day.

Seems like after 10am Soarin is always an hour + wait! :lol:

I go to MK on Labor Day and it is fantastic. I have pics of Frontierland where there is no one in the road or in front of any of the stores from Labor Day 2006. We're going Labor Day again this year, too. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom