Disney in Bellmawr New Jersey

Scar Junior

It looks much classier than belmar.

About three one-liners came to mind but I should let it go. It really wouldn't be productive!

Plus, I've really nothing against NJ - save the whole accent thing... But that's more of a regional thing. Worse than a dentist's drill or nails on a chalkboard! :animwink:

flavious27

About three one-liners came to mind but I should let it go. It really wouldn't be productive!

Plus, I've really nothing against NJ - save the whole accent thing... But that's more of a regional thing. Worse than a dentist's drill or nails on a chalkboard! :animwink:

I am assuming you mean the NY accent that NE jersey residents have? Yes the NY accent is hard to listen to. But to someone from min a sota, everyone has an accent.

Scar Junior

I am assuming you mean the NY accent that NE jersey residents have? Yes the NY accent is hard to listen to. But to someone from min a sota, everyone has an accent.

Well let us just agree were both happy we don't have to listen to New England accents everyday!

Me? I prefer the Cockney accent!

flavious27

Well let us just agree were both happy we don't have to listen to New England accents everyday!

Me? I prefer the Cockney accent!

NE accents don't bother me. I had a 2 month assignment at my former workplace where I talked to customers in NE. Also, I love Car Talk and well click and clack have some wicked awesome accents.

NY and southern accents are the worst.

inluvwithbeast

NE accents don't bother me. I had a 2 month assignment at my former workplace where I talked to customers in NE. Also, I love Car Talk and well click and clack have some wicked awesome accents.

NY and southern accents are the worst.

Not all southern accents are created equal, my friend. Someone from Texas or Oklahoma sounds much different than someone from South Carolina. Heck, the accents differ simply across the state of Texas.

Scar Junior

Not all southern accents are created equal, my friend. Someone from Texas or Oklahoma sounds much different than someone from South Carolina. Heck, the accents differ simply across the state of Texas.

Haha! I like how I've steered the topis elsewhere. In fact Minnesotans speak differently the wisConsin or the daKOTAHs...

Let's not take anything too seriously here folks...

njDizFan

Yes, great to have a NJ thread. Like others have said, the Nj accent ranges greatly between north/south. Like I would imagine the rest of the country. Here in Nj we can differentiate the slow "o" southern/Philly accent, from the bayonne/Staten Island NY style accent. Most of us are somwhere in the middle with only marginal accents. Although my wife(Essex County) often makes fun of my (ocean county) accent, and visa versa. i.e. my water = warder, her traffic = tray-fic.

Similarly NY has the upstate Buffalo accent, the far north Canadian accent, the Staten Island/Long Island and even to some extent the slight CT flavored drawl.

flavious27

Yes, great to have a NJ thread. Like others have said, the Nj accent ranges greatly between north/south. Like I would imagine the rest of the country. Here in Nj we can differentiate the slow "o" southern/Philly accent, from the bayonne/Staten Island NY style accent. Most of us are somwhere in the middle with only marginal accents. Although my wife(Essex County) often makes fun of my (ocean county) accent, and visa versa. i.e. my water = warder, her traffic = tray-fic.

Similarly NY has the upstate Buffalo accent, the far north Canadian accent, the Staten Island/Long Island and even to some extent the slight CT flavored drawl.

I like to say that you only have a true jersey accent if you pronounce water as wooder.

flavious27

well yes, some sound drier than others. look at the UK, there are like 25 accents.

SewIn2Disney

There's an Ocean County accent? Lol. I've lived here my whole life and never heard it...hahaha :ROFLOL:

I like to say that you only have a true jersey accent if you pronounce water as wooder.

Sweet! I'm out!

Well 150 points for a stay at the pine lodge could be worth it being away from family in December. Hopefully Scrapple and Taylor Ham is on the menu for breakfast.

Its not Taylor Ham...its Pork Roll! :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom