Disney in Bellmawr New Jersey

lazyboy97o

Great Adventure? Why go there when Funtown Pier has the Looping Coaster, where the coaster trains are pushed out of the station and braked by hand!

JWG

I thought the next Disney park was taking over Minnesota's Mall of America and would be dubbed "Disney Indoors 'eh!"

Meet & Greets with favorites such as Sven and Ollie.

Captain Chaos

Rolling Thunder is where it's at. :lookaroun

I heard that Snooki wrote a book about the Jersey Shore, which prompted a family member of mine to comment, "Snooki wrote a book? I didn't even know she could write her own name." :lol:

Hated Rolling Thunder... Great American Scream... oh wait, nevermind.. GREEN LANTERN!!!!! Now that coaster I can't wait to try out this coming summer...

As for Nicole's book... I didn't even know she could read, let alone write a book...

Captain Chaos

Hmmm....a Disney park in Jersey...

Gonna need characters.

Disney owns/owned Miramax.
So...coming soon to Disney Jersey:
Jay_and_Silent_Bob2.jpg

I'd totally go for it.:lol:

JAY AND SILENT BOB!!!!!

There cannot be a theme park based on Jay and Silent Bob without...

quickstop1.jpg

I can see it now:

CHASING AMY - dueling coasters, a snack stand called, Say, would you like a chocolate pretzel?

Store called Brodies.... Heck, Kevin Smith already owns his own store in Red Bank NJ... Opening a second merchandise location!!!

SecretStash2.jpg

flavious27

Disney would need more space then whatever that cleaned up site off 42 is, they would need the whole town to make a suitable park.

Oh and yes this is a april fools joke because putting a disney park in jersey would kill like 20% of wdw's business.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
there actually is a disneyworld park opening in new jersey! its called disneyworld america. the park is going to mostly, if not all, interactive type rides, ect. i dont believe there is going to be any actual ride rides. it is supposed to be like epcot.. cause the original plan for epcot was actually planned to be built in southern new jersey. they are hiring 600 people as a matter of fact.

This actually sounds a little bit like the shopping and entertainment complex that is under construction at the Meadowlands sports complex. Disney isn't involved in this but there are plans for a Funplex, Magiquest, and WonderWorks there.

Dan

flavious27

This actually sounds a little bit like the shopping and entertainment complex that is under construction at the Meadowlands sports complex. Disney isn't involved in this but there are plans for a Funplex, Magiquest, and WonderWorks there.

Dan

what she mentioned sounds like the disneyquest they never built in philly. and epcot was planned for jersey? someone has been drinking just a little too much cedar water.

flavious27

I grew up about half a mile from the proposed site. I use to ride my bike there when I was a kid. Its been redeveloped and being turned into a marina, commercial building, and supposedly the biggest Bass Pro store in the country. On top of this, a 1 BILLION dollar road project to fix 295, 676, and route 42 is all happening at the same time. Its going to be real pretty in that area when it comes to rush hour and shore traffic.

A friend also got this email and forwarded it to me since I'm a Disney Dork. Knew right away it was just a rehash of the failed Virginia thingy.

How did $450 million turn into a billion dollar road project?

Also the site plans on the project's website have a mention of a patco line that is now dead, along with artistic renderings of an arena is not needed or being built. The plan for this site were developed before the bottom dropped out, it won't open with what was proposed.

flavious27

HEY!!!! :mad:

We got Six Flags.... why would we want Disney?? LOL

I mean seriously, of all the states in the union, do we really want to believe Disney would choose NJ over some of the warmer weather states??? HAHAHAHA...

If Eisner was still in charge then the move would be to buy great adventure, the site is a couple thousand acres of land. it would also shoot them in the foot because GA can't be fully open all year long and it will take away guests from wdw.

trr1

If Eisner was still in charge then the move would be to buy great adventure, the site is a couple thousand acres of land. it would also shoot them in the foot because GA can't be fully open all year long and it will take away guests from wdw.
you just turn them into DVC resorts like Vero Beach or Ko Olina Hawaii

lazyboy97o

what she mentioned sounds like the disneyquest they never built in philly. and epcot was planned for jersey? someone has been drinking just a little too much cedar water.
There is an old story that after the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair, that Flushing Meadows-Carona Park was going to become Disneyland East. It seems thought that most people looking at Walt Disney's life attribute the idea to Robert Moses, President of the World's Fair and the director of New York City parks for decades. Robert Caro, the only real biographer of Rober Moses, attributes the idea to Walt Disney, saying Moses rejecting the idea because he wanted, since the 1939 Fair, to turn the site into a new "Central Park" for the whole city.

flavious27

There is an old story that after the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair, that Flushing Meadows-Carona Park was going to become Disneyland East. It seems thought that most people looking at Walt Disney's life attribute the idea to Robert Moses, President of the World's Fair and the director of New York City parks for decades. Robert Caro, the only real biographer of Rober Moses, attributes the idea to Walt Disney, saying Moses rejecting the idea because he wanted, since the 1939 Fair, to turn the site into a new "Central Park" for the whole city.

Well it would be cheap with all of the buildings already in place and being located in the country's largest city. It wouldn't work out as well as wdw because disney would still have the problems of not having enough space and the look of the area around him.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I still can't believe there's really a place called "Bellmawr"

It's like someone was typing the name of the town and hit the "W" key by accident.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom