Disney Imitators

Rider

This is at a German park, "Europa-Park". Inside is a coaster called the EURO-SAT.

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 392

NowInc

...lets see if i can say this without getting pummeled...

Even tho I am against the blatand ripping off of disney, I think they did a pretty decent job on SOME of the "re-creations". Obviously these things really arnet "low budget"...and you know, copying is the best form of flattery ;)

The Geosphere has been ripped off many times before...most of the time they throw a coaster inside of it.

AdLibSean

I'm surprised Disney isn't pursuing this. Where I used to live in Wisconsin, they had a local bar named Grumpy's ore somthing to that extent, take the huge painting of Grumpy off of their door. These pictures are VERY creepy, and especially that banner of Snow White down below in the other thread. It almost makes me sick to my stomach cuz other people are making money off of someone else's creations. YUCK!!! Give me another dime! (If I had a dime, everytime Walt rolled over...)

Terp02

Another thing to mention here are the lands: World Plaza, Adventure Land, Fantasy Land, Tomorrow Land, Samchulli Land. This is freaky.

Also check out the names of some of the rides. It's just plain messed up.

Pioneer Hall

The bad thing about this is, that Disney can't do anything about it.

They don't have copyrights to those names in Korea. So they just have to sit back and watch.

The price to enter this place is only about 18 american dollars.

NowInc

Disney does know about these..but its much harder to persue legal action when its not in a country that has strict copyright laws....such as Korea...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by NowInc
...lets see if i can say this without getting pummeled...

The Geosphere has been ripped off many times before...most of the time they throw a coaster inside of it.

The Geosphere at Ontario Place preceded Epcot. I would assume that WDW (or Ontario Place, for that matter) wasn't the first to use that design...HOWEVER, I would think they copyrighted/trademarked the Spaceship Earth name for it!

Monorail Lime

I love the description of Space Ship Earth on their web page...
Revolution and rotation simultaneously with the great speed! The thrilling spins of 9 various programs in the air!
Wow! I hope the ride system for Mission: Space is that exciting!

Justin149

though imitaion is the best form of flatterly, i think the seoul park is going overboard, have you see their logo for the park as well, its so similar.

-justin

adr315

What a rip-off...... they also have "Peter Pan", "Flying Elephant", "Haunted House", and some crappy coaster with Speedy Gonzalez' face on it. Its all cheap carnival rides. Very bad indeed.......

Sketch105

Heres a scarier idea: they have a ride that Disney never went through with: Big Rock Candy Mountain. :::Shivers::

I can't believe how unimaginative these people are. Jungle Adventure, Haunted House, Fantasy Theater, a castle, a monorail...a rocket ship..:fork:

JerrySchauer

Original Poster
The Visual images is one thing, You guys haven't even ridden these things. talk about safety violations... I'm used to US Standards where you feel secure. these things have primative devices so nothing major happens.

Attachments

• resize of lotteworld-001.jpg
    resize of lotteworld-001.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 322

JerrySchauer

Original Poster
Monorail anyone, talk about clausterphobic... This thing would hold about 6 average american's No wheelchair here... it's AMERICAN Disabilities Act. imagine they don't have KDA...

Attachments

• resize of lotteworld-021.jpg
    resize of lotteworld-021.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 326

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom