News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think I read somewhere the intention of FB's, first introduced laugh emoji, was to laugh along with someone else, etc. It didn't pan pan out that way. Is there any other use than to "laugh" at someone else's post? That's 99.99% of the emoji's use.

If they're making a joke, you can use it. Since the "haha" reaction came into use, I've racked up over 22K of them.

If they're making a serious point, it's inappropriate. People were using it to ridicule someone in the place of a "don't like" button. Which is crazy if they're just relaying factual information. So, it wound up just being an ad hominem attack.

Others were using it to "laugh" at tragic situations because that's what all the cool 4Chan kids would do. It was the darling go-to tactic when the Politics forum was alive.

And yes, it was being used that way so often that the mods had to come up with the rule to not abuse it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think I read somewhere the intention of FB's, first introduced laugh emoji, was to laugh along with someone else, etc. It didn't pan pan out that way. Is there any other use than to "laugh" at someone else's post? That's 99.99% of the emoji's use.
There are two uses here for the laughie guy…

1. Jovial play, camaraderie for those that appreciate the forums…ie community building
2. Trolling in Lieu of any valid counterpoints in disagreement. Usually for the same reason.

Purduevian

View attachment 762610
This area is also about 18,000 square feet, although I think I included some of the queue space, so that wouldn't really count. They do have the old playground space, as well as the restrooms (that could've been reworked).

At the end of the day, it is unlikely they're going to do anything that involves brand new construction (at this stage), I could see a Peco's rework, as well as the Briar Patch store, and maybe an additional snack cart with specialty items (like beignets and a beverage).
I think putting a building on that space would all but kill the "beyond big thunder" hope unless they want to dock the Mark Twain.

doctornick

I think putting a building on that space would all but kill the "beyond big thunder" hope unless they want to dock the Mark Twain.
Why? As long and they don’t block the entire path, you can get to “beyond thunder mountains” by building a bridge over the canal (that leads to the Seven Seas Lagoon) as opposed to having to cross the RoE proper

ppete1975

I assume the shooting gallery space will eventually be reused, but unless theres more space behind it, what are you going to do, a small meet and greet? (that would just cause more bottlenecks). Maybe a merchandise kiosk. It could be a little stage for performers but Disney has been cheap about paying performers.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
1) Ending the announcement on “Y’all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?”
2) This slogan was also the sign off for The Beverly Hillbillies.
3) 90’s nostalgia for major motion picture remakes of Boomer sitcoms meant that in 1993 a feature film of The Beverly Hillbillies was released by…20th Century Fox.
4) Disney now owns 20CF catalogue, and hence, The Beverly Hillbillies film.

Ergo, Beyond Big Thunder will be Beverly Hillbillies themed.
Looking forward to that Ellie May M&G.

fgmnt

Seems like if there is an actual functional plan to go "Beyond Big Thunder" they should just re-theme the river front of the current Frontierland into a "New Orleans" themed area... Let Big Thunder be the transitional portal into the Frontier settlement beyond. A couple food options and a new attraction or two, then a portal into Villains Lair to complete the loop around the Rivers Of America. The Frontierland they built in Hong Kong is beautiful...and could be a good model for what could be done. Grizzly Gulch. Add a new Country Bears theater and move them. and it would still need another attraction or two...but we could finally have a real honest to goodness Old West Frontierland...and then the area along the river is free for re-imagining into a New Orleans, bend in the river...
This really is what should be done and I am going to go ahead and say zero percent chance it happens, unfortunately.

fgmnt

To give the company a little credit on some things I have seen mentioned in here:
- significant new construction in the Splash queuing area would likely foreclose the easiest path to Northwestern expansion in the parks for decades (though I am sure there will be other excuses)
- the way the entry to the parade route works if I remember correctly, is a winding incline to get the floats up onto level 2 of the park from their storage on the real ground level. In addition to the track crossing cited, i think they want to make sure the dwindling fleet of active floats could navigate upward
- I can’t get myself to mourn the loss of a Magic Kingdom dog food emporium if it means they can bring it up to standards they set in Sautuli and Docking Bay 7.

jaxonp

To give the company a little credit on some things I have seen mentioned in here:
- significant new construction in the Splash queuing area would likely foreclose the easiest path to Northwestern expansion in the parks for decades (though I am sure there will be other excuses)
- the way the entry to the parade route works if I remember correctly, is a winding incline to get the floats up onto level 2 of the park from their storage on the real ground level. In addition to the track crossing cited, i think they want to make sure the dwindling fleet of active floats could navigate upward
- I can’t get myself to mourn the loss of a Magic Kingdom dog food emporium if it means they can bring it up to standards they set in Sautuli and Docking Bay 7.
Aren't the floats kept in warehouses behind splash?

Surferboy567

I’ve never heard of this person but saw this on Twitter and thought I’d share. Some interesting talk going on in these tweets. Again, no clue if this person is reliable and haven’t heard of them prior to seeing this thread. This person seems Paris based but also makes reference to the stateside parks.

Source: Tim Wanders

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve never heard of this person but saw this on Twitter and thought I’d share. Some interesting talk going on in these tweets. Again, no clue if this person is reliable and haven’t heard of them prior to seeing this thread. This person seems Paris based but also makes reference to the stateside parks.

…you gotta learn to spot complete 🐶💩when you see it.

“Cooking up amazing experiences”

That’s what you say when you are in money trouble and want to promise smoke

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Hmmm... seems to have some specific insider info, but, at the same time, makes guesses indicating things they don't know (but should if they have that kind of insider access).

So... <shrug?>

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hmmm... seems to have some specific insider info, but, at the same time, makes guesses indicating things they don't know (but should if they have that kind of insider access).

So... <shrug?>
A friendly reminder: people with any ability to make decisions that cost money don’t “leak” it onto chat boards…that’s what the minions do

Smiley/OCD

1) Ending the announcement on “Y’all Come Back Now, Ya Hear?”
2) This slogan was also the sign off for The Beverly Hillbillies.
3) 90’s nostalgia for major motion picture remakes of Boomer sitcoms meant that in 1993 a feature film of The Beverly Hillbillies was released by…20th Century Fox.
4) Disney now owns 20CF catalogue, and hence, The Beverly Hillbillies film.

Ergo, Beyond Big Thunder will be Beverly Hillbillies themed.
EEEEEEEE doggies…

LSLS

Man, Pecos is about the only place I eat now (well, a few years ago I guess) in MK. Harbour went WAY downhill, and everything else is pretty gross. As someone who hates Cajun food, I honestly have no idea what I would do in that park if Pecos goes away. Maybe jump a monorail to a resort? But that's losing a few hours in the park too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom