News Disney hints at more changes to come at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They used to have a good omelette station there. After COVID, they stopped offering it. Don’t know if it came back. Breakfast is definitely better than lunch/dinner there and YES, I can make a whole breakfast out of that puffed French toast, bacon and OJ…

We used to get a reservation that was close to the end of breakfast. That way, we could enjoy breakfast items and get some of the lunch offerings. No one ever left hungry! :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Nope. In general, WDW QS food sucks to Disneyland's. Many different reasons for that - including a very different clientele, different management and, frankly, the Disney Dining Plan which devastated/homogenized food quality across the resort at the Disney-operated resaurants/stands. Even horrid places like Chef Mickey's used to make nearly everything from scratch but post DDP nearly everything except the obvious is frozen or made off-site.

Our visit there after the removal of the parmesan mashed potatoes was our last visit until they are reintroduced on the buffet. Their removal was and is inexcusable. We (very) grudgingly accepted the lowered quality of meat that happened over the years (Thanks, DDP!!!), but that was our last straw. Quite honestly, that was the worst buffet experience we had on property. Truly awful.

AEfx

Nope. In general, WDW QS food sucks to Disneyland's. Many different reasons for that - including a very different clientele, different management and, frankly, the Disney Dining Plan which devastated/homogenized food quality across the resort at the Disney-operated resaurants/stands. Even horrid places like Chef Mickey's used to make nearly everything from scratch but post DDP nearly everything except the obvious is frozen or made off-site.
That was one of the biggest revelations about DLR vs. WDW the first time I visited. The variety and quality of quick service is a night and day difference. So many options, so many different places to choose from - so far different from the WDW experience. The only sit-down we did on-site the first week was Blue Bayou, just for the experience - it was nothing like WDW where if you only do quick service you are just eating Sysco cafeteria food.

EDIT: Also, I don't know how it is post-pandemic, but at least in the before times, another major difference was that...the food places were, like, actually open. And most of the day. You could get real breakfast food at quick service, for example - not just the pastries/muffins you find at WDW unless you have a sit-down reservation, and stuff was open almost as late as the parks themselves were.

Last edited:

bmr1591

That was one of the biggest revelations about DLR vs. WDW the first time I visited. The variety and quality of quick service is a night and day difference. So many options, so many different places to choose from - so far different from the WDW experience. The only sit-down we did on-site the first week was Blue Bayou, just for the experience - it was nothing like WDW where if you only do quick service you are just eating Sysco cafeteria food.

EDIT: Also, I don't know how it is post-pandemic, but at least in the before times, another major difference was that...the food places were, like, actually open. And most of the day. You could get real breakfast food at quick service, for example - not just the pastries/muffins you find at WDW unless you have a sit-down reservation, and stuff was open almost as late as the parks themselves were.

I was watching something on TikTok from a cast member who wondered why the discrepancy, and they were told my their boss that DLR has to change menus and do variety often because their main draw is locals. Since WDW appeals to the once every ten years crowd, they don’t have to make changes or offer more variety because for 90% of their audience, it’s their first time experiencing the snack or food option.

AEfx

I was watching something on TikTok from a cast member who wondered why the discrepancy, and they were told my their boss that DLR has to change menus and do variety often because their main draw is locals. Since WDW appeals to the once every ten years crowd, they don’t have to make changes or offer more variety because for 90% of their audience, it’s their first time experiencing the snack or food option.
Yup, there is that - going along with the fact that WDW is so isolated. You can walk across the street from Disneyland and go to Denny's, for example (and, I have to say - best Denny's I've ever been to - the place is giant and constantly serves up fresh hot food - I've eaten there a bunch of times). There are just way more options most guests have and way fewer people who absolutely must eat on-site like at WDW.

Andrew25

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but there's a newly erected tent (like those special event tents for weddings) behind the Main Street bypass... any idea what that's for? It's pretty large so I wonder if its temporary or for something else? Never really noticed anything erected there in the past, and I'm not quite sure its related to the marathons as I didn't notice it until after.

It's a pretty large size too

Brian

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but there's a newly erected tent (like those special event tents for weddings) behind the Main Street bypass... any idea what that's for? It's pretty large so I wonder if its temporary or for something else? Never really noticed anything erected there in the past, and I'm not quite sure its related to the marathons as I didn't notice it until after.

I would imagine it's for a cast member celebration event for MK cast. They tend to hold them this time of year since it's slow(er).

JD80

There is an after hours event tonight I believe.

JohnD

Given today’s news, how long until another “blue sky” idea?
Rumor has it that Disney is planning to announce more Tiana details on Mardi Gras, February 13, but they could move it up to February 1, the start of Black History Month. I realize this is not about the area behind Big Thunder.

JohnD

More info on Tiana?...... Things really are that bad.
I'm repeating what was said in the Tiana thread. But it does make sense to have an update on Mardi Gras (unless moved up to 2/1) if its opening later this year and the ride does take place during Mardi Gras.

Indy_UK

I'm repeating what was said in the Tiana thread. But it does make sense to have an update on Mardi Gras (unless moved up to 2/1) if its opening later this year and the ride does take place during Mardi Gras.

What your saying makes total sense for the attraction and when to announce more info but my patience is really starting to wear thin on Disney announcing new large projects.

Tiana, Country Bears, and Zootopia is not insignificant but where is the passion from Disney to dream BIGGER?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
What your saying makes total sense for the attraction and when to announce more info but my patience is really starting to wear thin on Disney announcing new large projects.

Tiana, Country Bears, and Zootopia is not insignificant but where is the passion from Disney to dream BIGGER?
It appears to be dead, not a whole lot of passion, but if you were an imagineer, how passionate could you be when you're essentially nurtured?

JohnD

If they really announce more on February 1st after Universal then I'll legitimately laugh.

It's kind of mind blowing with how they have nothing substantial to combat epic Universe, a park that opens next year.
If they do announce something for Tiana, I can see Uni clapping back at Disney with a backhanded compliment. Something like this: "Congratulations to Disney for their re-worked attraction. We hope it makes a splash and is EPIC!"

Translation: While you've been dithering on changing the theme of an existing ride system, we've been building an entirely new park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom