News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

lazyboy97o

Aside from whether I think it is appropriate for a CM to be on a cell phone or not, that is a cell phone. Not one of the small thick black store scanning devices you see in Target or Wal-Mart.
61YDd1tfwzL._SL1000.jpg
What you see in store and even that image is likely a phone in a custom case.

sullyinMT

There's almost certainly a guest standing just outside of the cropped photo.

Are you under the impression that these work-issued devices are loaded with a CM's personal email and Candy Crush? They aren't.
The image may be cropped poorly for purposes of this conversation. I'll give you that. No, of course games and personal data aren't on a work device. That's not my point. If I'm coming off of SDD and I see a CM at that beverage/snack cart on the corner of the walkway there nose deep in a device, it's a bad look. Maybe they need more frozen bananas, IDK. With the simplicity of it, said CM could just as easily say "Hey Mickey (or whatever "wake up" phrase), tell backstage I need ..." Then whatever response is auto-read in their ear and voila. It's a small thing, and it's not like it ruins the guests' day, but it's those little things that add up to the stellar experience that used to set Disney Parks apart.

sullyinMT

Anywho... what's the over/under on the per-day DDP price increase when it's reintroduced? $5/day? $10/day?
I'd wager more like $5-10 per meal entitlement. Plus a couple bucks on the snacks. Plus the refillable mug program will be "plussed." For the standard DDP, I wouldn't be shocked at $20/adult/day. And a Disney "adult" moving to 8 instead of 10.

CaptainAmerica

I'd wager more like $5-10 per meal entitlement. Plus a couple bucks on the snacks. Plus the refillable mug program will be "plussed." For the standard DDP, I wouldn't be shocked at $20/adult/day. And a Disney "adult" moving to 8 instead of 10.
A 10 to 20 year old "adult" is the biggest scam going and I'm pretty surprised that Disney weren't in more of a hurry to get it back online. When they added alcohol to the DDP (with the corresponding price increase), getting and *drinking* an alcoholic beverage at every meal pretty much became mandatory if you wanted to get value out of it.

castlecake2.0

Just a suggestion, from an optics standpoint. Because I agree that CM on a device is a terrible look, leaning or not.

Could those devices be tied to a BT earpiece of sorts with a virtual assistant for messaging leaders about stock and other needs? Accessing park info for a guest is understandable, with a quick "Let me look that up for you." It doesn't give the impression of an aloof CM dinking around on a digital device that way.

The fact that this is even a conversation shows just how much digital has ruined the human interactive experience in many ways.
It’s hard to tell what’s happening from a photo, she was probably asking for more stock not dinking around. We used to use radios but they were hard to hear anything on, the iPhones are much more efficient.

mf1972

it’s being reported on another website that popcorn buckets went up $1 i believe & refills went up too by a quarter

Disstevefan1

That's a work-issued device and it's almost certainly being used to answer a guest question like "where can I find XYZ," which that cast member wouldn't have been able to answer without the device.
This photo is truly a sign of the times; crazy prices and hand held devices. “Hey Doc., we are NOT in 1955 anymore”. Opps that was the wrong IP reference for this theme park! 😀

BTW, almost sure soft drinks are less expensive in Universal…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom