News Disney hikes the price of Mickey Bars and Dole Whip along with hundreds of other food and beverage items at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In case people hadn't discovered it yet... the Twistee Treats in Ocoee and on Apopka Vineland (not shaped like a cone) have Dole Whip as one of their soft serve options and Dole Whip Floats, with the pineapple juice, so they could offer some vegan options. The floats are $3.99. Convenient for WDW guests with a car to pop over and save a few bucks.
The snack bar at the regal down the street has it…🍍

G00fyDad

Yes. I am. I have said several times why as well. I am aware that you feel that we should all back off and stop going in order to show Disney a thing or two (or something) but I am going for a very specific reason. If it were not for that specific reason then I would not be going this time. Trust me, it bothers me to even be going again.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. I am. I have said several times why as well. I am aware that you feel that we should all back off and stop going in order to show Disney a thing or two (or something) but I am going for a very specific reason. If it were not for that specific reason then I would not be going this time. Trust me, it bothers me to even be going again.
Totally understand. We shouldn’t have to make these choices…however

lazyboy97o

In case people hadn't discovered it yet... the Twistee Treats in Ocoee and on Apopka Vineland (not shaped like a cone) have Dole Whip as one of their soft serve options and Dole Whip Floats, with the pineapple juice, so they could offer some vegan options. The floats are $3.99. Convenient for WDW guests with a car to pop over and save a few bucks.
Yes, but Disney is a business and Twistee Treats is clearly a charity or something.

gerarar

Premium Member
When I was in WDW like three weeks ago, I was shocked a churro costed $6.60 with chocolate dipping sauce, and $5.50 without the sauce.

I still bought one or two of 'em a day because they were too good to not munch on, albeit I got it without the dipping sauce lol.

Am I part of the problem? But I am the magic!!

John park hopper

Mickey bars in the parks are made by Nestle darker chocolate coating and slightly higher fat content. Ones sold in stores made by Breyers-- lower fat content and not dark chocolate. Some difference But not 5 bucks worth. But Wait a minute I thought Disney was concerned about friends (guests) waistlines you know smaller food portions

Schweino

Didn't they say they weren't going to do this? Or...did the CFO say they were looking at reducing portion sizes + increase prices?

ToTBellHop

Mickey bars in the parks are made by Nestle darker chocolate coating and slightly higher fat content. Ones sold in stores made by Breyers-- lower fat content and not dark chocolate. Some difference But not 5 bucks worth. But Wait a minute I thought Disney was concerned about friends (guests) waistlines you know smaller food portions
They are. That’s why they did this. A family of 4 arriving with exactly $24 cannot buy premium bars for the whole family today like they did yesterday. I guess Mom or Dad will be losing some weight today.

Lord knows their son Madison and daughter Gretchen are still getting their damn bars that will fall to the ground after 14.8 seconds.

Could it be that they are planning to bring back a dining plan that you can purchase (obviously for a higher cost than it was pre pandemic) so that it seems better value as prices have increased? That way they would tend to keep the guests in the park?

Disstevefan1

Raising the Mickey bars to $6.25 IS an attempt to help folks waitlines ;)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Gotta ask the Mickey Bar connoisseurs what makes them better More cream, richer chocolate or does simple paying a higher price make them better.
Better of course is a matter of opinion but the ingredients of the store-bought and park-bought Mickey's bars are different.

The short version is the store-bought version is formulated to have a higher melting point so it survives the trip from the store to your freezer intact. If I am not mistaken, the addition of guar gum to the store version is just one of several differences between the 2 bars.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They are. That’s why they did this. A family of 4 arriving with exactly $24 cannot buy premium bars for the whole family today like they did yesterday. I guess Mom or Dad will be losing some weight today.

Lord knows their son Madison and daughter Gretchen are still getting their damn bars that will fall to the ground after 14.8 seconds.

Gotta get'em when they're fresh out of the dry ice. Of course, you'll break a tooth or two trying to eat them at that point, but at least they aren't falling off the stick onto the ground! 😂

dreday3

Time to start crafting snacks for the whole family! Fun! Sweet! Juicy! Smells good! Cheap!

(leave off the cookies for easier transport)

Mickey-Pumpkin-Treat-Healthy.jpg

celluloid

1641841460792.png

Nothing against the Cast Member personally, but I really find this is picture to capture issues with the way things have become expectations wise. Even if the cell phone there is used for work, it is not a good look. Leaning on a celluar device.

Benefit of the doubt again, maybe they are helping a guest with their phone, probably something work related and it is a hard job, but it is wild to capture in a photo prices increasing all at once and leaning over a counter on a cellphone device. As a former CM this is wild to me and is beyond the visual changes or price increases.

CaptainAmerica

View attachment 613138

Nothing against the Cast Member personally, but I really find this is picture to capture issues with the way things have become expectations wise. Even if the cell phone there is used for work, it is not a good look. Leaning on a celluar device.

Benefit of the doubt again, maybe they are helping a guest with their phone, probably something work related and it is a hard job, but it is wild to capture in a photo prices increasing all at once and leaning over a counter on a cellphone device. As a former CM this is wild to me and is beyond the visual changes or price increases.
That's a work-issued device and it's almost certainly being used to answer a guest question like "where can I find XYZ," which that cast member wouldn't have been able to answer without the device.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom