Disney greatly extend the Studios operating hours around the opening of Star Tours II

wild01ride

This works out well for us!
We'll be there for the official re-opening.

Glad to see that the hours will be drawn out to help accomodate crowds. Hopefully they won't be too bad, despite the fact that it's opening weekend for Star Wars weekends as well!

It's nice that the other parks are extending as well to spread out the love!

KJ1081

Fantastic! So glad this happened! I haven't checked recently, but it looks like they've added quite a few showings of Fantasmic! as well. We weren't even going to attempt it originally- DHS is far too crowded when it's showing, but luckily it's now showing every night of our trip!

KSwart

Yeah! :sohappy:Can't wait we will be there May 23 - 29.... Can anyone tell me what time the Star Wars Parade will be on the weekend ?

AEfx

Very happy about the 8am part. I am going down for just a couple of days and that will help a lot. Sure there will be fans waiting that early, but most people are not going to be up and at the gates at that time. Gives me hope I can get in a few rides on STII before I head home, as I planned that to be my last day.

DisneyParksFan

Very happy about the 8am part. I am going down for just a couple of days and that will help a lot. Sure there will be fans waiting that early, but most people are not going to be up and at the gates at that time. Gives me hope I can get in a few rides on STII before I head home, as I planned that to be my last day.

Just a heads up, if you plan on going on opening day.....there will be a pretty big line already formed well before park open.
During a normal Star Wars Weekend, Guests line up at Studios the night prior, usually starting around park close. It will be much, much worse for the opening of STII.

Jerm

they really need to get on the SWW info! It is less then a month away and they have not said anything since they announced the dates! Come on how am I going to plan which star I will line up for the night before to get a autograph???? Actually I just am hoping that they have a big star there to draw the crowds around!

Slowjack

Just a heads up, if you plan on going on opening day.....there will be a pretty big line already formed well before park open.
During a normal Star Wars Weekend, Guests line up at Studios the night prior, usually starting around park close. It will be much, much worse for the opening of STII.
Whoa, they allow that? I had no idea.

vegeta21x

I just called up disneyland and they just told me its opening on June 3rd... whats up with that?!?! all over the net says may 17th for Cali and may 20th for florida, man this sux.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
3910516856_1d98f1ee3e.jpg

vegeta21x

Like I said in my last post that i think was deleted... Its not some story. if u dont believe me oh well... as i had no idea its supossed to open on june 3rd instead of may 17th.

AEfx

Eh, not too concerned. I've been there before. But I do appreciate the heads up. ;)

It's not like Disneyland where people just take the day off work and go get in line. People have to plan entire vacations around it for the most part.

There may be a crowd at the gate but once in the park it's virtually empty for the first couple of hours. I was there a couple years ago for the first day of SWW, and it was just like that - but once people were in the park from the initial line, it was pretty empty - even the "buy stuff" line (which I was told was hours and hours long) was walk-through (I was literally the only person in there at one time), etc.

Now, two hours later, yes, the place was a freakin' zoo. But especially with the hours being pushed up with an 8AM opening, I don't see too many people getting out there and being in line quite that early. By 10AM? Yes, the place will be a zoo like usual during SWW, but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get in, get a pin, and at least one ride, if not a couple, before the masses descend.

I don't underestimate the demand, but the number of people on vacation that are going to stay up all night (does WDW even allow that?) standing in line on a Friday morning isn't going to be too bad I don't think - but I'll just have to wait and see. :) In any case, I'm sure I'll get on the ride at least once in the prior few days, and since I am driving myself and on my own timeframe, I'm going to make sure I see it no matter what.

Thrill Seeker

Eh, not too concerned. I've been there before. But I do appreciate the heads up. ;)

It's not like Disneyland where people just take the day off work and go get in line. People have to plan entire vacations around it for the most part.

There may be a crowd at the gate but once in the park it's virtually empty for the first couple of hours. I was there a couple years ago for the first day of SWW, and it was just like that - but once people were in the park from the initial line, it was pretty empty - even the "buy stuff" line (which I was told was hours and hours long) was walk-through (I was literally the only person in there at one time), etc.

Now, two hours later, yes, the place was a freakin' zoo. But especially with the hours being pushed up with an 8AM opening, I don't see too many people getting out there and being in line quite that early. By 10AM? Yes, the place will be a zoo like usual during SWW, but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get in, get a pin, and at least one ride, if not a couple, before the masses descend.

I don't underestimate the demand, but the number of people on vacation that are going to stay up all night (does WDW even allow that?) standing in line on a Friday morning isn't going to be too bad I don't think - but I'll just have to wait and see. :) In any case, I'm sure I'll get on the ride at least once in the prior few days, and since I am driving myself and on my own timeframe, I'm going to make sure I see it no matter what.

I believe they do. People pitched tents outside studios waiting in line for the next day. I think you underestimate what Star Tours: TAC is gonna do to attendance. Disney is promoting the crap out of this thing, so I'm guessing it's gonna be the biggest draw this year to Star Wars Weekends, as it should be. It may not have Harry Potter Grand Opening lines (I was there for that, it was a zoo), but it will still be pretty bad. I'm guessing 4 hour lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom