Disney greatly extend the Studios operating hours around the opening of Star Tours II

AEfx

I believe they do. People pitched tents outside studios waiting in line for the next day. I think you underestimate what Star Tours: TAC is gonna do to attendance. Disney is promoting the crap out of this thing, so I'm guessing it's gonna be the biggest draw this year to Star Wars Weekends, as it should be. It may not have Harry Potter Grand Opening lines (I was there for that, it was a zoo), but it will still be pretty bad. I'm guessing 4 hour lines.

We'll have to see. Like I said, I'm sure they will be very busy as the day goes on, but I just don't see *that* many people waiting outside for it all night long. SW weekends always get busier as the day goes on (usually just as I head out) but on a Friday (travel day for many) and with the new 8am opening I don't see it being absolutely awful. Disneyland - sure, it will be a mad house, but MGM - eh, I just don't see anyone but the most die-hard fans waiting outside (a few 100, but I don't see thousands lining up all night long).

We'll just have to wait and see. :)

DisneyParksFan

but MGM - eh, I just don't see anyone but the most die-hard fans waiting outside (a few 100, but I don't see thousands lining up all night long).

We'll just have to wait and see. :)

There are a lot of people who will drive/fly down just for the weekend. That, and I'm expecting a great number of Cast Members to be there for the opening. Remember, it's not exactly families that come down for these weekends.
And then add the fact that it's the re-opening of a ride that focuses on a very popular franchise.
I'm expecting great crowds for the attraction on opening day.

Disneyfan1981

Semi-related question, does anyone know if Disney will be making available some of the merchandise for opening day somewhere for those who cannot attend? I know it's a little weird but I like the designs on some of the shirts. :lol:

AEfx

There are a lot of people who will drive/fly down just for the weekend. That, and I'm expecting a great number of Cast Members to be there for the opening. Remember, it's not exactly families that come down for these weekends.
And then add the fact that it's the re-opening of a ride that focuses on a very popular franchise.
I'm expecting great crowds for the attraction on opening day.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I do expect it to be extremely busy as the day goes on - SWW always are - it's how many people will be standing in line all night to get in that I wonder about.

mm52200

Wow I love the number of Fantasmic's they are offering! Almost a whole week of it showing every night, you don't see that outside of Christmas and NYE anymore.

flavious27

Fantastic! So glad this happened! I haven't checked recently, but it looks like they've added quite a few showings of Fantasmic! as well. We weren't even going to attempt it originally- DHS is far too crowded when it's showing, but luckily it's now showing every night of our trip!

Well that will be a plus, too bad disney couldn't have had a star wars theme to the show during that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom