Disney Gras....who's coming?

frazierle

Original Poster
Disney Gras is approaching.......I'm packed and ready to go. The only thing stopping :brick:us now is TIME.......
2 more days.....Woo Hoo!!!

Saintsfan75

We leave on Thursday evening and will be there until the following Thursday. Make sure that every Louisiana person you see, give them a big "Who Dat"!

kep1017

:( I wish I was gonna be part of Disney Gras!!!!! I'm so jealous! I'll be in NOLA, just like every other year! Maybe next year I'll plan a Disney Gras trip! Let me know how the crowds are!

daverube

what's disney gras? whatever it is....we leave tomorrow for the world!!!!:sohappy:

Disney Gras is name applied to vacations taken by folks from the New Orleans area visit WDW during Mardi Gras. A lot of business' in the NOLA area shut down for Lundi Gras (Monday before Mardi Gras) and Mardi Gras, thus, a 4 day weekend.

dave

dandaman

We've already baked three king cakes just this year... and I must've eaten a full cake's worth at this point. :lol:

My mom's side is from NOLA, and I actually went down for Mardi Gras when I was 6. I'm still the only kid in the school that celebrates it. :p

Disney for Mardi Gras? That'd be interesting... does Disney do anything special besides maybe releasing new pins? :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Disney Gras is name applied to vacations taken by folks from the New Orleans area visit WDW during Mardi Gras. A lot of business' in the NOLA area shut down for Lundi Gras (Monday before Mardi Gras) and Mardi Gras, thus, a 4 day weekend.

dave

Not to mention school is out....

We moved to Texas. My boys are both amazed that they have to go to school on Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

We've already baked three king cakes just this year... and I must've eaten a full cake's worth at this point. :lol:

My mom's side is from NOLA, and I actually went down for Mardi Gras when I was 6. I'm still the only kid in the school that celebrates it. :p

Disney for Mardi Gras? That'd be interesting... does Disney do anything special besides maybe releasing new pins? :lol:

If you didn't want to bake your own, Randazzos king cakes can be ordered online and shipped overnight so they're fresh. Not as fresh as last year when I stood outside in line for an hour freezing my tush off to get mine before they sold out but still quite moist and fresh. I like shipping to friends and family, too. :D

DavidTheGreat

Mardi Gras

WOW, Disney celebrates Mardi Gras? I'll be in New Orleans with the gang attending Zulu, Endymion, Rex, and the all the other parades!!! Laissez les bon temps roulez!!!!

dandaman

If you didn't want to bake your own, Randazzos king cakes can be ordered online and shipped overnight so they're fresh. Not as fresh as last year when I stood outside in line for an hour freezing my tush off to get mine before they sold out but still quite moist and fresh. I like shipping to friends and family, too. :D

We've tried that in the past (and they're REALLY good), but for some reason my dad's been on a baking kick lately. :lol:

I went to the Zulu, Rex and Alla parades back in '97.

dteed

Leaving right after Endymion, son is marching in the Brother Martin band. Driving through the night for a Sunday a.m. arrival. Thank goodness they are near the beginning.

jheltz27

We're leaving 8 AM tomorrow!!!! Be there from Sat. through next Friday at Wilderness Lodge Villas. I've packed nothing but LSU shirts and Disney shirts. Should be plenty of Purple and Gold (and Green I guess) next week. Woo Hoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom