Disney got my money for the last time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chef Mickey

I work construction. If i mess something up, it's fixed no matter what the cost. This is no different.
This is a different situation. They can't let you watch special event fireworks that cost $75/ticket because you got bad information. They could technically do anything like give you lifetime free entry, but it doesn't mean they will or should. It's not fair to the thousands that paid and you should have verified your information, period. You have to take some of the blame on this.

What if you wanted a free meal as well for your trouble bc you planned to eat in MK as well? Should they allow that too? They offered you fast passes, you refused...so that was it.

You also could have misunderstood, misheard, or she did just give bad information. They aren't going to let you and your kid in for free to watch special event fireworks. You wanted and expected too much and I'm glad they didn't cave in to your whim. Disney gives the guests too much control in my opinion and that's how guests learn to be difficult and entitled.

Mickey5150

I work construction. If i mess something up, it's fixed no matter what the cost. This is no different.
Ok, seriously, time for you to stop. What happened is unfortunate but expecting free tickets into a paid event because someone gave you misinformation is wrong. Just a little tip, I take my parents to WDW every year and my mom's favorite thing is to see Illuminations. I make Epcot our first night and if weather gets in the way I make Epcot our second night. If fireworks are so important to your daughter that they ruin the vacation then go to the MK every night until you see them. It will make things much better.

mousehockey37

If you go back, the OP REFUSED FASTPASSES. They actually offered something and it was refused!

Dude, OP, fireworks are in the sky, and there's no blackout dome iver the MK. We've all said the ferry boat dock or the Poly beach is a great place to view them from.

I still want to know why you didn't try other nigts during the week? You missed them Sunday and were booted on Thursday... There were other days there....

yankspy

I get the OP being upset since this just happened. I was a little annoyed two weeks ago when on the last day of our trip the frozen ride went down. ( it was the only day that had fast passes available). My daughter had talked about it all week. Luckily she is four and has the attention span of Dory so she forgot about it in five minutes. I was also annoyed at having to show up at rope drop twice at HS to do Jedi training with my son. ( rain out on first day so not their fault). However, there were hundreds of things that went right on that trip. There was the cast member that gave my son free ice cream just because. There was the cast member at memento mori who gave my kids free cotton candy if they would go on HM. My son got to meet Kylo Ren while my daughter tried to freeze him with her Elsa powers. My point is that I am sure there were a lot of good times that were had on your trip. It would be a shame to focus on the negatives. Just my opinion.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I get the OP being upset since this just happened. I was a little annoyed two weeks ago when on the last day of our trip the frozen ride went down. ( it was the only day that had fast passes available). My daughter had talked about it all week. Luckily she is four and has the attention span of Dory so she forgot about it in five minutes. I was also annoyed at having to show up at rope drop twice at HS to do Jedi training with my son. ( rain out on first day so not their fault). However, there were hundreds of things that went right on that trip. There was the cast member that gave my son free ice cream just because. There was the cast member at memento mori who gave my kids free cotton candy if they would go on HM. My son got to meet Kylo Ren while my daughter tried to freeze him with her Elsa powers. My point is that I am sure there were a lot of good times that were had on your trip. It would be a shame to focus on the negatives. Just my opinion.
A really awesome thing that happened to me today was I got a text from a CM that thought we had maybe experienced some FP+ issues and wanted to make sure everything as ok. I told him the only thing I could think of was that my little girl's FP wasn't showing up for one of the times we did the Mine Train but the CM let her on anyway and told him if he "accidentally" put some Toy Story passes in there I wouldn't mind but was really just joking around and he actually DID IT! He sent me back a text that said he put 2 Toy Story passes in there on top of the passes we had already used at MK this morning. That was really awesome! So I stopped at the front desk of BLT today and gave him really high praise hoping it will help him get a raise. So that was a great thing they did but didn't have to do. However, our experience at The Plaza last night???....well... If not for the fact that I've eaten there a million times if last night had been my first impression they would have certainly never have had a chance to make a second. It's like the song says "You take the good. You take the bad." and ultimately they call it The Facts of Life.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I like where this is going. The next time I have fastpasses and then Disney decides to close the ride for maintenance before I get there, thus ruining my entire trip, I will expect them to comp my park passes for that trip.
The next time Disney ticks me off I'm gonna demand they give me a refund on our DVC membership but also demand that we get to stay in the DVC. LOL!

LongLiveTheKing

Dude, OP, fireworks are in the sky, and there's no blackout dome iver the MK.
Tbf, part of the experience is the audio and proximity to the fireworks.

It sounds to me like OP is still in the parks so I think he might be able to give it another shot.
If you go back, the OP REFUSED FASTPASSES. They actually offered something and it was refused!
Fast Passes aren't some sort of magic (band) cure all and tbh they really add up to jack. Remember that thread in the hotels section about OP being offered FPs when Disney told him he had to switch hotels? Yeah, everyone said the FP "compensation" for Disney's screw up was insulting and a joke and that he should fight for appropriate compensation.

Everyone's ganging up on OP when he was told by a cast member the party wasn't that night and acting like he's being unreasonably angry. Yes, I get she screwed up and that he's human, and I would have just gotten a calander online myself to confirm and not even bothered with a CM, but to chastize him (not so you really. This is meant to be a general post for the thread) is a stupid response as well. He is not being entitled, is being pretty reasonable and it would cost Disney literally nothing to let his family through the gates during MNSSHP. The only reason he didn't get tickets when he planned his trip around a CMs screw up is because it opens the flood gates for "ow I tripped on a candy corn can I get tickets", not because he's "undeserving" or whatever.

I don't know what can reasonably done for the OP but the lot of you saying crap like "I'm glad he's not coming back" and mocking him and saying he's being entitled is intellectually insulting.

Matt_Black

Sorry, I guess I should have checked 50 different sources after the concierge told me something that should have been the most basic part of their job.

People make mistakes. Even if you're only wrong 0.01% of the time, roll those dice often enough, someone is going to come up snake eyes. Considering WDW is THE most visited vacation destination in the world, that's a lot of dice rolls.

I'm waiting for it... I DEMAND COMPENSATION.... C'mon, where is it... We've got a Katiebug here...

Unmagical!

You guys must spend much more time at the hotel that i do. I, literally, only saw the main building to fix our band problems and check in. The only time i spend in the room is to sleep. Tonight is the first time the tv has even been in.

Alright, even if you didn't see any times guides at your hotel, there are also times guides at the entrance in every single park. You literally have to actively not be looking for them to miss them. In the Magic Kingdom, they can be found on the walled shelves in both entrance tunnels right next to the park guide maps.

mousehockey37

Tbf, part of the experience is the audio and proximity to the fireworks.

It sounds to me like OP is still in the parks so I think he might be able to give it another shot.
Fast Passes aren't some sort of magic (band) cure all and tbh they really add up to jack. Remember that thread in the hotels section about OP being offered FPs when Disney told him he had to switch hotels? Yeah, everyone said the FP "compensation" for Disney's screw up was insulting and a joke and that he should fight for appropriate compensation.

Everyone's ganging up on OP when he was told by a cast member the party wasn't that night and acting like he's being unreasonably angry. Yes, I get she screwed up and that he's human, and I would have just gotten a calander online myself to confirm and not even bothered with a CM, but to chastize him (not so you really. This is meant to be a general post for the thread) is a stupid response as well. He is not being entitled, is being pretty reasonable and it would cost Disney literally nothing to let his family through the gates during MNSSHP. The only reason he didn't get tickets when he planned his trip around a CMs screw up is because it opens the flood gates for "ow I tripped on a candy corn can I get tickets", not because he's "undeserving" or whatever.

I don't know what can reasonably done for the OP but the lot of you saying crap like "I'm glad he's not coming back" and mocking him and saying he's being entitled is intellectually insulting.
He was told the park was going to be open til 12. Nothing mentioned of the party. There's a difference.

brb1006

This thread in a nutshell
131052243074.gif

brb1006

People make mistakes. Even if you're only wrong 0.01% of the time, roll those dice often enough, someone is going to come up snake eyes. Considering WDW is THE most visited vacation destination in the world, that's a lot of dice rolls.

Unmagical!

Alright, even if you didn't see any times guides at your hotel, there are also times guides at the entrance in every single park. You literally have to actively not be looking for them to miss them. In the Magic Kingdom, they can be found on the walled shelves in both entrance tunnels right next to the park guide maps.
At least they didn't call there daughter "little princess".

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
To the OP forgive me if i have missed this but what FP was offered as an apology ?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well this thread shows why Disney can kick its paying customers with crying kids out of their parks and get away with it too.

Once Upon a Time you'd pay for a day at a Disney park and your daughter got to see the $%# fireworks. Just like the commercial.

Now they want you to pay again at 7 or they'll boot you out. Sucks to be you. Should've checked page 237, section 3 sub B. If not, your fault because our employees (unlike you!) can't possible be expected to keep up with all that planning and endless upcharge events.

Disney and WDW in particular seem to using the movie Brazil as a template for operations and information dissemination...

Jeff456

That's a shame that she gave you the incorrect information, I have to agree with others though you could have watched wishes from elsewhere, maybe guest services could have told you that? I understand why they wont let you in for an event others have paid a lot of money to attend whether you agree with it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom