Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

drizgirl

Not one to defend Disney price increases, but it’s still a pretty decent deal if you intended to buy photo pass. Pre-sale for memory maker at Disney World is currently $169.

Buried20KLeague

I bought tickets from UT. Thought maybe I'd add Genie+ for a day while we're there.

Is there a way to buy it now, at $25, rather than wait to get into the park and find out it's higher because of dynamic pricing? I've tried through the app and I think I don't have a choice but to wait... But I figured I'd ask those that know more than me.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I bought tickets from UT. Thought maybe I'd add Genie+ for a day while we're there.

Is there a way to buy it now, at $25, rather than wait to get into the park and find out it's higher because of dynamic pricing? I've tried through the app and I think I don't have a choice but to wait... But I figured I'd ask those that know more than me.
I’m pretty sure the price is set at $25 at the DLR. It’s WDW that has tiered pricing.

I believe Genie+ can only be bought once you enter one of the parks.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Rise of the Resistance has also hit a new high as it is priced at $25 today -

IMG_83E5302AD795-1.jpeg

Buried20KLeague

In case it helps anyone else... Here's what I ended up doing:

I had bought 3 day hoppers from Undercover Tourist a couple months ago. No Genie+. My intention was to buy a couple days of Genie on the fly while on our trip if the lines were too long.

I made my park and dinner reservations weeks ago.

The price hike was announced today. UT still has some quantity of tickets at the now "old" price, both with and without Genie+.

Since UT has a 100% refund policy, I bought new 3 day hoppers WITH Genie+ (at the old price). I then linked the new tickets in the app.

I then called UT and they canceled my first (non Genie) order.

This allowed me to keep my park and dinner reservations, and get tickets at the "old" ticket price, and still get Genie for $20 a day, rather than waiting till I'm in the park, where the cost could even be higher than the new $25 price, and I'd have no other options.

So if you happen to have tickets that are refundable, and if you were on the fence about Genie+, it can still be done for the old price. It took me about 10 mins total.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I’m here (yesterday and today) and when I went to buy Genie+ and saw $25 I was confused. Literally came the first day they raised it. I can confirm Rise is $25 and Web Slingers is regular LL (no extra cost). RSR is $18.

Btw, there was a downpour for about 15 minutes this morning and all outdoor rides were down for an hour.

truecoat

Not one to defend Disney price increases, but it’s still a pretty decent deal if you intended to buy photo pass. Pre-sale for memory maker at Disney World is currently $169.

But you have to pay $25 every day. A 3-day visit for a family of 4 would be $300.

truecoat

Only one person in the family needs photo pass so it would only cost $75. Plus it’s included Genie + so it’s just an extra bonus. Basically would feel like it’s free.

One person yes but mulitple people can't use the Genie+ lightning lane aspect with one person purchasing.

drizgirl

But you have to pay $25 every day. A 3-day visit for a family of 4 would be $300.
I was only talking about the Photopass piece of it. If you include the price of comparable items at WDW, it would be at least $20/day per person (with variable pricing now could be more) plus the cost of Photopass.

A single day of Photopass at WDW is $69. You can get unlimited for $169 if you prepurchase. But that's still more than one person buying Genie+ at DLR without even considering LL benefits.

mickEblu

Right I acknowledged that it’s $75 and not "free." Just waiting for you @truecoat to acknowledge that photo pass for a family of four at DLR wouldn’t cost $300 like you said, it would cost $75.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I ate at Club 33 today and saw an art piece depicting the Haunted Mansion, seemingly when all the ghosts folks were still alive, having some sort of soirée. If they ever sold a replica of this, I’d actually purchase it. Zoom in so you can actually see the details (this was the closest I could get without running into the piano).

47A6646D-5BE0-4BEF-889D-3877A74843A6.jpeg

CaptinEO

I ate at Club 33 today and saw an art piece depicting the Haunted Mansion, seemingly when all the ghosts folks were still alive, having some sort of soirée. If they ever sold a replica of this, I’d actually purchase it. Zoom in so you can actually see the details (this was the closest I could get without running into the piano).

View attachment 672794
It's a special place! How'd you like it? I had the privilege of going there once a few years back and am thankful to have the experience.

waltography

View attachment 672794
Gorgeous. And that underlid painting on that harpsichord is stunning too. Definitely on my bucket list to see it in person one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom