Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

waltography

Perhaps a bad omen for tomorrow's rollout, but the Disneyland app has been affected with AWS experiencing outages (seems to be affecting Disney across all platforms, considering that Disney+ has also been affected).

MarvelCharacterNerd

Perhaps a bad omen for tomorrow's rollout, but the Disneyland app has been affected with AWS experiencing outages (seems to be affecting Disney across all platforms, considering that Disney+ has also been affected).
Which at WDW this morning reportedly meant people's reservations disappeared from the app, they couldn't get into the parks because they couldn't access their tickets or make ride reservations or mobile food orders or DAS passes...

Not sure if they could access gift cards or payment systems, though at DL Paris recently I read about credit card systems going down one day so everyone had to line up for hours at the ATMs to get cash to pay for anything from food to merchandise to hotels.

Ain't technology grand?

truecoat

What a scam. So 80 bucks for a family of four to ride the new Star Wars ride?

Looks like people aren't buying in like down in the swamps. LL is sold out at WDW but only 40-50 ahead at DL.

9545B68F-1EF5-4C36-A0D7-30CF543CDF91.jpeg

Rob562

At Disneyland this week, thought maybe we'd try Genie+ for a day. So far my first hurdle is that the Genie part of the app doesn't recognize that we have park reservations despite elsewhere in the Disneyland app knowing about them.

-Rob

Rob562

Heard back from the in-app CM chat: "Hi Rob! There is a slight delay with the system this morning due to high traffic. Our resort partners are currently looking into and correcting it. I apologize for the inconvenience."

🙄

-Rob

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

I'd MAYBE pay $7 to do RSR is the line was two hours long, but $20 for RotR? No way! Most people will wait the 60-90 minutes rather than pay $20.

Disney seems to be going for gold on day one, but I foresee the price going down when they realize they aren't selling them. When I was there Thanksgiving week people seemed to not mind waiting. It will be a VERY small percentage of people that will think the $20 is worth an hour of their day. Since Disneyland is open for 16 hours a day I don't see that demand being very high except to uninformed and very green vacationers.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
So Disney takes down all footage of the Galactic Starcruiser after mass backlash to its cheapness, then bookings start opening back up because people are cancelling, then the Genie+ video release this week gets hammered with negative backlash, to the service being down for most of the day......

Disney's PR team must be crapping bricks about now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom