Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

drizgirl

Because Single Rider has always been used as a means to fill in the 'gaps' created by uneven groups, never as a primary line.
But filling gaps is a courtesy to people in line. The rides will work just fine with gaps. If Disney doesn't want to give away the spots, they won't.

Besides, single spots might be in high demand once they start selling spots. If one person in a group is the one really pushing to ride, maybe they only buy a spot for one, and the other group waits for them. The wait is short, and the cost for one much more manageable for many.

PiratesMansion

But filling gaps is a courtesy to people in line. The rides will work just fine with gaps. If Disney doesn't want to give away the spots, they won't.

Besides, single spots might be in high demand once they start selling spots. If one person in a group is the one really pushing to ride, maybe they only buy a spot for one, and the other group waits for them. The wait is short, and the cost for one much more manageable for many.
I'm not sure how many single spots they'll really be selling.

I primarily go to the parks by myself, and I am definitely in the minority of parkgoers. Even at Disneyland, which sees a higher average number of singles than many other parks. In my experience, many people are reluctant to leave their friends/families/groups in what is supposed to be a group outing, even if it's just for a single ride. I think it's very likely that the number of single people who would buy a spot wouldn't be any more than people that already use the single rider line.

I don't foresee Single Rider Lines going away. As much as parks want to encourage people to buy their skip the line passes, they also want to minimize any underutilized capacity to keep the lines moving...so that people can go and spend money. It's easier, less complicated, and more straightforward to just use SRLs as they already function than to try and strip that away in favor of some convoluted upcharge few will bother to actually use. And clearly Disneyland still thinks SRLs are valuable or serve some beneficial purpose; if that wasn't the case, the resort would have kept them closed when they had an opportunity to do so post-reopening, and they wouldn't have added a SRL to Star Tours within the past month. I don't believe they're going anywhere.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
E326FCD1-83DD-4724-BBB6-505D00C944F1.jpeg

truecoat

So the rides you have to pay to skip the lines so far are RSR, WS and ROTR at DL. 7DMT, ROTR and Ratatouille at WDW. I assume FOP will be on it and you know Tron and GOTG will be added to the list at WDW when the rides open.

Dear Prudence

I just hate the insinuation that people who aren't thrilled with this are just spoiled brats. Not everyone wants to be on their phone every moment of every day, and since huge pockets of Disneyland doesn't have cell phone reception, the app and having to be on the app and your phone hunting for service are just giant battery drainers.

Also, if you consider that Efteling tickets at their most expensive are € 45 (54 USD) or that the Tokyo parks (either) is 8200 Yen (JPY) (75 USD), and have been consistently offering a higher quality product and experience for years now, slapping however much onto your already astronomical US park ticket prices, having to figure out how it even works, etc. --it's all bad.

milordsloth

So.. any hints as to when this will roll out? I'm still hoping to be able to try out the new system during my trip for Oogie Boogie next month.

Edit: I just saw that this is expected to launch at WDW the first week of October. Any rumors of Disneyland also?

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
I just hate the insinuation that people who aren't thrilled with this are just spoiled brats. Not everyone wants to be on their phone every moment of every day, and since huge pockets of Disneyland doesn't have cell phone reception, the app and having to be on the app and your phone hunting for service are just giant battery drainers.

Also, if you consider that Efteling tickets at their most expensive are € 45 (54 USD) or that the Tokyo parks (either) is 8200 Yen (JPY) (75 USD), and have been consistently offering a higher quality product and experience for years now, slapping however much onto your already astronomical US park ticket prices, having to figure out how it even works, etc. --it's all bad.
I’m just not about to pay extra money to ride rides quicker. If I were happy with management right now, I may have considered it. May have.

Disney is so obviously greedy and they always want more money while offering less regarding their theme parks. I’m not doing it.

dlr74

Most attractions at WDW have already changed the signage at the attraction entrances to say “Lightning Lane”. Anyone seen this happen at DLR yet?

Dear Prudence

I’m just not about to pay extra money to ride rides quicker. If I were happy with management right now, I may have considered it. May have.

Disney is so obviously greedy and they always want more money while offering less regarding their theme parks. I’m not doing it.
Literally ALL OF THIS. I am especially not paying to skip the lines when attractions are only marginally functional.

Stevek

So the rides you have to pay to skip the lines so far are RSR, WS and ROTR at DL. 7DMT, ROTR and Ratatouille at WDW. I assume FOP will be on it and you know Tron and GOTG will be added to the list at WDW when the rides open.
I believe that the Safari at AK has been announced. If they stick to their guns, it will only be 2 rides at each park.

mickEblu

Imagine paying extra money to ride something with broken effects (Indy, Splash, etc.).

Not that I disagree with the sentiment but we kind of already are. If I went on 10 rides that day you can say I spent $10-$15 to ride Indy with broken effects depending on what kind of ticket you have. Granted this implies the only value one gets out of the parks are rides but they are the main reason people go.

SuddenStorm

Not that I disagree with the sentiment but we kind of already are. If I went on 10 rides that day you can say I spent $10-$15 to ride Indy with broken effects depending on what kind of ticket you have. Granted this implies the only value one gets out of the parks are rides but they are the main reason people go.

I wonder if attraction maintenance would be improved if the park was literally still pay per ride with the ticket books- with more money allocated to the rides that directly drive additional revenue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom