Disney Genie/Genie+ On Their Way to Anaheim

truecoat

Here's a new one or at least it's new to me. You can only ride Fastlane rides once through the Disney Genie app. So only one "fastpass" per ride, no multiple rides except using the regular queue.

Rob562

Here's a new one or at least it's new to me. You can only ride Fastlane rides once through the Disney Genie app. So only one "fastpass" per ride, no multiple rides except using the regular queue.

I believe that's for the pay-per-ride access that is not part of Genie+, which is only a couple attractions. I haven't seen anything that says that will apply to all of the attractions.

-Rob

Rob562

I did just see where an article out from Disney Food Blog is quoting CMs at a media event about the one-use-per-attraction, but they also say that details are fluid and could change. I'll hold off judgement until I either see it in writing from Disney or in practice by people using it.

-Rob

truecoat

I did just see where an article out from Disney Food Blog is quoting CMs at a media event about the one-use-per-attraction, but they also say that details are fluid and could change. I'll hold off judgement until I either see it in writing from Disney or in practice by people using it.

-Rob

Yep, I just found it again as I couldn't remember where I read it. Here is the relevant part of the post...

"Essentially, what this means is that you won’t be able to make more than 1 Genie+ Lightning Lane selection for a ride on any 1 day. If you want to ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Haunted Mansion, and then Buzz again, you’ll only be able to make a Genie+ selection for 1 of those Buzz rides.

You won’t be able to get a Lightning Lane Genie+ selection for Buzz twice during the same day. To ride it a second time, you’ll have to utilize the standby lane (of course, you can go through the standby lane as many times as you want, without any kind of limit).

Now, this is what the Cast Members indicated to us today during the media preview event we attended. But, it seems like this is a fluid situation. It is possible that things could change prior to the launch of Genie+.

Right now, Disney Genie is set to launch this fall and we expect Genie+ and Individual Attraction Selection will launch with it. We’ll be on the lookout for more updates and we’ll let you know what we find.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is what was announced for attractions using Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane -

At launch, Disney Genie+ service will offer the Lightning Lane entrance at the following attractions* (Guests may make one selection at a time throughout the day):

Disneyland Park
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • “it's a small world”
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Disney California Adventure Park
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
At launch, this “a la carte” option will be offered at the following attractions* (Guests may make selections for up to 2 different attractions each day):

Disneyland Park
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
*Please note that attractions may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time of purchase. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.

"Expect the West Coast version of the Genie service to roll out as part of the existing Disneyland app sometime between late October and late December."

Last edited:

aaronml

Here is what was announced for attractions using Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane -

At launch, Disney Genie+ service will offer the Lightning Lane entrance at the following attractions* (Guests may make one selection at a time throughout the day):

Disneyland Park
  • Autopia
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • “it's a small world”
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
  • Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
  • Space Mountain
  • Splash Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Goofy's Sky School
  • Grizzly River Run
  • Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
At launch, this “a la carte” option will be offered at the following attractions* (Guests may make selections for up to 2 different attractions each day):

Disneyland Park
  • Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
*Please note that attractions may vary by date, are subject to change, and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time of purchase. Availability can change throughout the day. To learn about any closures or long-term refurbishments, please view details about the attraction on our website or mobile app.

"Expect the West Coast version of the Genie service to roll out as part of the existing Disneyland app sometime between late October and late December."

Interesting that only one attraction in Disneyland has IAS. Both DCA and every WDW park have two IAS attractions per park. I wonder why that is?

DrAlice

So.... Web Slinger's? Do they think ppl will do that? I thought word on the street was that standby was likely to be not too bad for that one. Maybe I'm wrong on that...

waltography

So.... Web Slinger's? Do they think ppl will do that? I thought word on the street was that standby was likely to be not too bad for that one. Maybe I'm wrong on that...
I was surprised too; I would've thought either Incredicoaster or Mission Breakout would've taken the second IAE there.

DrAlice

I was surprised too; I would've thought either Incredicoaster or Mission Breakout would've taken the second IAE there.
I thought Soarin.... Maybe it will be a flex thing. Maybe it will show up with the Hallween overlay of MB or a return of Soarin of California (if that ever happens again). Or *insert new attraction here*. Just thinking out loud....

britain

I suspect someone's ego is being stroked by putting Web Slingers under à la carte. WDI? Feige? Probably not. Is it some sort of brag that will assist in negotiations with Sony over further collaborations in the MCU? It could simply be Marketing saying the brand-new ride can't be perceived as "less valuable" than an older attraction.

mickEblu

I suspect someone's ego is being stroked by putting Web Slingers under à la carte. WDI? Feige? Probably not. Is it some sort of brag that will assist in negotiations with Sony over further collaborations in the MCU? It could simply be Marketing saying the brand-new ride can't be perceived as "less valuable" than an older attraction.

Interesting theories. Or it could just be a super short lived thing as the new ride at the park. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it switch places with Mission Breakout or something else next year.

mickEblu

So how much worse are standby lines about to get? I guess it all depends on how many locals are about to use genie + and if Disney manipulates the system artificially to make the standby line for any E ticket unbearable. I would imagine at least as many that used MaxPass.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom