Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

easyrowrdw

Yes and that feature is why it was terrible for a lot of people. Every re-ride you got was one less spot for someone's first ride. It lead to a massive difference in experiences.

Disney didn't bring that part back because it resulted in a worse experience for most users. They don't have the capacity to allow re-rides. They never did. With FP+ some people just got to take advantage of those that didn't know better.
To be clear, re-rides weren’t the only reason I thought FP+ was superior to G+. I just thought it was silly to say two things are the same only after removing one of the ways in which they are different so I didn’t think it was worth arguing over anymore.

I’m interested to see how this new system plays out.

esskay

Utterly bonkers decision making going on in management on this one. All it's done is made sure internationals spend their first week over at Uni. Great way to speed up the inevetable drain of people over to their main competitor that wasn't supposed to start until next year.

Edit: I can actually give a real world case of where this is going to happen. Litterally in the middle of planning out a booking that I'm making this week for September. Our original plan was 10 days WDW on site, 4 days uni on site. It's now 7 days uni then 7 days wdw

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Utterly bonkers decision making going on in management on this one. All it's done is made sure internationals spend their first week over at Uni.
THIS.gif

djlaosc

Utterly bonkers decision making going on in management on this one. All it's done is made sure internationals spend their first week over at Uni. Great way to speed up the inevetable drain of people over to their main competitor that wasn't supposed to start until next year.

All you would have to do now is, instead of mixing the other parks in between Disney parks while staying onsite for WDW the whole time, you now book your first week at Cabana Bay/Aventura/Endless Summer
  • 1 day USF/IOA (park-hopping)
  • 1 day IOA/USF (park-hopping)
  • 1 day Volcano Bay
  • 1 day SeaWorld
  • 1 day Discovery Cove
  • 1 day Busch Gardens
  • 1 day shopping (mall, CityWalk, Disney Springs, Target, Outlets, wherever...) or another activity, for example ICON Park.
Then move down to WDW for the remaining 2 weeks of your 3 week holiday.

Still get to cover everything you originally planned while staying on-site for 3 weeks, and you get to stay at a cheaper hotel, and be able to book the LLs you want when they are available. All you will be missing out on is using you free dining snack credits for breakfast, or possibly a late meal when you returned back to your hotel from the above places, which you can pay for using the money you've saved by staying at Cabana Bay/Aventura/Endless Summer. You're not even going to miss out on your free refillable mug if you were staying for 3 weeks, as they now only last for 2 weeks, and not length of stay - lucky that Cabana Bay has a refillable mug that you can buy...

Saskdw

Only the first week?

Once EPIC opens, USF/IOA/EPIC and Universal’s Volcano Bay will need more than one week.
We likely won't go to Epic next year because we don't want to deal with the huge crowds and chaos. But once they get all the bugs worked out it will be our vacation destination of choice. Disney is making the choice too easy honestly. They are in deep trouble and sinking quick. They've never had to deal with real competition before until now.

Can someone please clarify something since I’ve seen mixed reports on this. If you’re an annual passholder but are staying on property, will you be able to book your lightning lanes 7 days before your first day of resort stay or just 3? Surely it’s written on the Disney site as 7, but I’ve seen people posting 3 (which doesn’t make sense to me)

JAB

Finally trying to get up to speed on all of this.

When G+ was announced, I didn't like it because the planner in me liked the certainty of FP+ pre-selections; I didn't like the idea of not knowing if or when I'd be able to get a LL with G+. Once I actually used it, though, and saw that there was plenty of availability, I ended up liking it. Once I knew how to prioritize LLs, there was never an issue getting LL for the rides we wanted. FP+ was usually 3 and out, but the day-of availability of G+ meant we easily got 5+ LL in a day. And making selections day-of allowed for more flexibility, especially when park hopping. LL-MP™ goes back to having to lock in to at least one park every day, so now I find myself not really wanting to go back to pre-selections.

I had touring with G+ down to a science, but like I said when G+ was announced - it is what it is, and I'll figure out the most efficient way to plan with what I'm given. From what I've seen so far, the strategy right now seems to mostly be the old FP+ strategy with a few tweaks here and there, so that makes the switch a bit easier.

Planning scenarios are already running rampant through my head. Things like...

If my pre-selections are:
  1. 10:30 AM
  2. 11:30 AM
  3. 5:00 PM
If I use #1 and select #4 for 1:00 PM, then use #2 and select #5 for 2:00 PM, will I be able to use #4 and select #6, then use #5 and select #7 even though #3 hasn't been used yet? From what I've read it just seems to be a rolling max of 3, and once you use any LL, you can pick a new one, so the answer would seem be yes as I understand it, but I'm not sure.

One question I still haven't seen addressed at all is whether day-of selections will also return to selectable times, or will they stay "first available" like G+.

Obviously LL-MP™ won't have the same levels of day-of availability as G+, but, given that, unlike FP+, LL-MP™ will be paid, with no re-rides, and you only have to wait until you use 1 instead of all 3, it's certain that day-of availability will be better than FP+; however, It remains to be seen whether that availability will actually be useful or not, and we'll only know once it's been in use for a bit and @lentesta gives us all the data.

Welp, back to re-doing my planning strategy...

1719434590826.png

Last edited:

Saskdw

All you would have to do now is, instead of mixing the other parks in between Disney parks while staying onsite for WDW the whole time, you now book your first week at Cabana Bay/Aventura/Endless Summer
  • 1 day Volcano Bay
  • 1 day SeaWorld
  • 1 day Discovery Cove
  • 1 day Busch Gardens
  • 1 day shopping (mall, CityWalk, Disney Springs, Target, Outlets, wherever...) or another activity, for example ICON Park.

Still get to cover everything you originally planned while staying on-site for 3 weeks, and you get to stay at a cheaper hotel, and be able to book the LLs you want when they are available. All you will be missing out on is using you free dining snack credits for breakfast, or possibly a late meal when you returned back to your hotel from the above places, which you can pay for using the money you've saved by staying at Cabana Bay/Aventura/Endless Summer. You're not even going to miss out on your free refillable mug if you were staying for 3 weeks, as they now only last for 2 weeks, and not length of stay - lucky that Cabana Bay has a refillable mug that you can buy...
Why?
Why find a work around and support Disney when they've made such a ridiculous decision? Don't go to WDW at all is the only way they will learn.

Disstevefan1

• 1 day Volcano Bay
  • 1 day SeaWorld
  • 1 day Discovery Cove
  • 1 day Busch Gardens

You left out EPIC!! that's at least 2 days, maybe 3

ConfettiCupcake

It’s baffling that they would do something like this with the international guests that directly impacts on-site guests who have what I’d guess is lengthier stays on average than the average US guest, when they are supposedly having trouble with occupancy at the resorts in general.

They’re clearly trying to entice more people onsite with their deals as of late as well as this new booking window advantage. This is such a confusing direction they’re taking, and even if their hands are tied legally or practically because of IT, it’s still surprise they wouldn’t have some sort of work around.

Fido Chuckwagon

You can get a second headliner as soon as you use any of your LL. So if you are gunning for a second T1 attraction, then book a LL for when you plan to enter the park. Assuming availability you could get your second one at 9AM which is at least 2 hours earlier than G+.
All of the headliners will be gone before park open. Nobody is getting a second tier 1 attraction unless they are pounding the app using the refresh feature, or purchase something like standby skipper to use a bot to do it for them.

Chip Chipperson

Can someone please clarify something since I’ve seen mixed reports on this. If you’re an annual passholder but are staying on property, will you be able to book your lightning lanes 7 days before your first day of resort stay or just 3? Surely it’s written on the Disney site as 7, but I’ve seen people posting 3 (which doesn’t make sense to me)
If staying on-property then you get 7 days in advance for the length of your stay.

JAB

Just like Fastpass+.
It's actually slightly different than FP+. With FP+, you had to use all 3 pre-selections before you could select a FP for another park. With LL-MP™, you'll only have to use 1 before you can pick a LL in another park.

From the FAQ on the Disney site...

"Once you redeem a selection on the day of your park visit, you can use the My Disney Experience app to choose another multi pass experience in any Walt Disney World theme park (subject to availability), as long as you have a valid ticket with the Park Hopper option or an Annual Pass."

Fido Chuckwagon

They (we) will if we can't ever prebook a Tier 1 attraction because we don't arrive on US soil until a day before our first park visit.
I’m convinced that the average international visitor wanders into the park without any real idea of how to use the LL system. Maybe they purchase genie+ and try to muddle through it, having no real idea how to work the 2 hour countdown rule, stacking, etc. Do they get a headliner **now**? They probably don’t realize they should be making their selections right at 7. The type of people who post on this forum are not the “average” international visitor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom