Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

jannerUK

So in what way would these changes impact someone who plans on not using Genie+ version II. We kinda want to avoid it so we are not constantly too'in and fro'in around the park. Are we expecting the standby lines to be even longer with this system or is going to have a negligible impact on SB lines.

Saskdw

Is Canada inside the U.S.? ;)

If you are an International guest visiting Walt Disney World from outside the United States, be aware that the new Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lighting Lane Single Pass beginning July 24 will only be available for purchase once you are inside the U.S.A.
Canada isn't generally considered "International" and a lot of things in the past have been different for Canadian bookings as opposed to the UK or South America. So seeking specific clarification before I write WDW off as a vacation destination.

JD80

So in what way would these changes impact someone who plans on not using Genie+ version II. We kinda want to avoid it so we are not constantly too'in and fro'in around the park. Are we expecting the standby lines to be even longer with this system or is going to have a negligible impact on SB lines.
Probably the same. The only thing that may happen is people burning through LL faster and leaving through park? You can get basically LL 3x faster.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Canada isn't generally considered "International" and a lot of things in the past have been different for Canadian bookings as opposed to the UK or South America. So seeking specific clarification before I write WDW off as a vacation destination.
The important part:

the new Lightning Lane Multi Pass and Lighting Lane Single Pass beginning July 24 will only be available for purchase ONCE YOU ARE INSIDE the U.S.A.

Where you live is not important.

djlaosc

which has not largely been communicated with anyone.

Which is a problem when your bringing changes into effect in the next 28 days, when people have already booked a vacation 400 days ago, and you aren't informing people of the changes, even though they had a perfect chance to do so yesterday.

You shouldn't have a policy in place, make a change, announce the change, but not announce important required information as part of it.

For people not on boards like this, they will have seen the announcement pop up on their Instagram feed, possibly read the blog post, and then not think that they need to be constantly checking for any remaining relevant information that could affect their vacation in 28 days.

Any information regarding international inaccessibility should have been in yesterday's Disney Parks Blog post - and there is no good reason for it not to have been.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Man there is still an awful lot of confusion on this on these boards, I can't imagine what people who don't follow these are going through.
Our last 4 big WDW trips were each operationally different. The norm now is nothing is the norm 😅

I really hope this next phase has been planned well enough not to require repeated adjustments into infinty.

With everything going on the last few months maybe that’s finally happening?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Interesting and it locks in the time?

See here:

How to Purchase

When you're ready to purchase Lightning Lane passes, here's what to do:
  • Open the My Disney Experience app, then tap the Lightning Lane Passes section on the home screen.
  • Select a date and theme park.
  • Select a Lightning Lane Single Pass, a Lightning Lane Multi Pass or both.
  • If you select a Lightning Lane Multi Pass, you can choose up to 3 Lightning Lane Multi Pass experiences and arrival windows in advance.
  • If you select a Lightning Lane Single Pass, you can choose an arrival window in advance.
  • Follow all prompts to complete your purchase—and receive a confirmation.
  • From the confirmation screen, you can tap "Plan Another Day" to purchase another pass—or tap "View My Day" for details about your Lightning Lane selections.

Dranth

Which is a problem when your bringing changes into effect in the next 28 days, when people have already booked a vacation 400 days ago, and you aren't informing people of the changes, even though they had a perfect chance to do so yesterday.

You shouldn't have a policy in place, make a change, announce the change, but not announce important required information as part of it.

For people not on boards like this, they will have seen the announcement pop up on their Instagram feed, possibly read the blog post, and then not think that they need to be constantly checking for any remaining relevant information that could affect their vacation in 28 days.

Any information regarding international inaccessibility should have been in yesterday's Disney Parks Blog post - and there is no good reason for it not to have been.
They did the same thing to DAS users recently. Not sure they care about the impact long term.

djlaosc

This whole announcement has been done poorly.

I would be like Disney announcing the dates when MNSSHP will be taking place, and then websites and blogs releasing the following information the following day.

"Please note, passports will be required alongside your MNSSHP ticket. International guests will not be able to take advantage of accessing the park until the party starts at 19:00. Passport checks will also be conducted at trick-or-treat stations around the park, with international guests being able to start to trick-or-treat at 21:30. International guests will also be able to start to queue for Jack & Sally and the Dwarves at 22:30."

nickys

Premium Member
How did it work for Internationals using FP+? Is the issue because you have to pay for this?

Could this be, somehow, the end of paid FP if enough people are up-in-arms?
No problems with FP+
No problems with Genie+
Dining was an issue on the app, now sorted
Magical enhancements (tours, droids etc) can only be booked using a vpn or by calling the UK arm of their travel agency

So there’s no consistency. We can book and pay for some things but not others. Genie+ was non refundable, so that’s not the issue (no legislative changes since then). Which to me suggests they could sort this if they wanted to. Or if they were half competent.

Edit: forgot to mention I can sit here in the U.K. and mobile order for pick up in an hour using MDE.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom