Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
What if you live near the US border and nip into the states 7 days before your trip for 10minutes to book Lightning Lanes? I can't believe I'm even typing this and I can't believe Disney has ruined FP so much they've made this a viable planning solution.
I said exactly this in a chit chat thread. Visit the Falls from the better side, cross into the US, have dinner at Carrabba's (we don't have them here), pick up some groceries at Wegman's, book the lightning lanes, and home in front of the tv in less than 90 minutes depending upon the wait at Immigration.

James J

In the Parks
No
I don’t even get to that screen. I used to be able to. But now from the start of the process it stops me.
Likewise, if I use a VPN it shows me as being on the US version of the WDW site, but when I go into Magicbands it's still detecting me as having an international package and that's as far as it allows me to go.

nickys

Premium Member
I don’t even get to that screen. I used to be able to. But now from the start of the process it stops me.
Silly question but have you checked you’re using the US site?

If I use a vpn and start typing Walt disney world it automatically brings up the UK site because of my browsing history. I have to manually type in the Disney.go.com address.

Also check you’ve selected incognito mode.

Indy_UK

I’ve just seen this so I guess take what you want from it. To me this makes more sense

IMG_2028.png

buckeyegator

You can't book anything until July 24.
ok, make that august 7-11, can i book 3 for each day, or just the first day?i can forsee problems with resort guests taking all the good times, that plus 3 day outers taking up more, makes pre-planning more important i guess, book them or lose them.

nickys

Premium Member
ok, make that august 7-11, can i book 3 for each day, or just the first day?i can forsee problems with resort guests taking all the good times, that plus 3 day outers taking up more, makes pre-planning more important i guess, book them or lose them.
If you have date based tickets you can book for each day up to the number of days on your tickets.

the_rich

Each day on up to a 14 day trip.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If you are not a resort guest but have date based tickets you can book 3 days in advance of the ticket start date and book 3 for each day that you have valid ticket media.

If you are not a resort guest but have an annual pass you can book 3 days prior to your park visit (one day at a time.)

nicb88

Silly question but have you checked you’re using the US site?

If I use a vpn and start typing Walt disney world it automatically brings up the UK site because of my browsing history. I have to manually type in the Disney.go.com address.

Also check you’ve selected incognito mode.
Yep. Always using the US site and I’ve tried incognito mode on chrome and private on Safari. I just tried 2 VPNs, too. And this is what is shown:

IMG_0156.jpeg

Followed further down, where the link to start would be, by this:

IMG_0155.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member

georgep148

At least no one else can either. But that morning isn’t going to be fun. Good luck. 🤞
You’d think they’d want to have the advance bookings set up to avoid the system running into trouble on the morning of the 24th. Oh well! Will do my best to prepare but it’s definitely going to be a nightmare!!

djlaosc

I’ve just seen this so I guess take what you want from it. To me this makes more sense

View attachment 794800
If that is the case, then that will make more sense - still not 100% sense though.

They would be able to see that you have reservations to be on-site, so will likely turn up, so will be more likely to use it.

However, that means that it wouldn't be an app issue, or a website issue, but a choice that Disney is making to move international guests on-site (which makes business sense).

However, confusion is going to happen, unless US blogs/websites would start phrasing instructions on how to use the system like below.

=====

If you are staying on-site, LLMP/LLSP reservations open up 7 days before arrival, and you can booked for up to 14-days.
If you are not staying on-site, LLMP/LLSP reservations will open up 3 days before you plan to use your ticket for entry, and can booked once you have entered the US.
Three parks (MK, Epcot, DHS) have tiers...

=====

Otherwise, people are going to read (like we all did yesterday) about booking 3 days out, and then they will try and not be able to.

If this is the case, then they should have just announced it like that yesterday, instead of causing more confusion.

nickys

Premium Member

View attachment 794800
That sounds better. Fingers crossed it’s true.

However not sure that a CM in Customer Services is a better source than Scott Gustin, WDWMagic and others who have spoken to the Media Relations team. That seems more official than a random CM.

I think the jury is out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

View attachment 794800
I think unfortunately that is more a case of guest relations not knowing about the restriction, which has not largely been communicated with anyone.

I can tell you that I confirmed the restriction directly with the comms team, which I have never known to be wrong.

Saskdw

I think unfortunately that is more a case of guest relations not knowing about the restriction, which has not largely been communicated with anyone.

I can tell you that I confirmed the restriction directly with the comms team, which I have never known to be wrong.
Did they indicate this actually includes Canada?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom