Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

duncedoof

Not a local! So I have a few questions, but here's one, as an outsider.

Is Lightning Lane a thing that will only be in advance for you guys now? I imagine slots could potentially open up the day of, and you could take advantage of these as a paying member of the service (and fight for those slots). But what about regular guests (non-resort guests, unaware of LL)? Are there any free options left for them? Are they considered in the distribution of these times / passes?

DisneyRoy

One part of this I haven't seen clarity on is how they will limit the number of these they will sell in advance. With the advanced booking, they'll have to hold back some capacity from the 7-day advance so there is something left for the 3-day guests. Otherwise, they'll have the same overselling issue they had when Genie+ started. I'm kind of curious how the presales capacity management will play out.
They won't limit them. This was a problem with FastPass+. The most popular rides would be sold out before off site guests could book them. It's an on site perk.

Guys, I didn't quite understand the news. For me it will be the first time in Orlando from 18th to 26th July, starting from the 24th things will change I have read but for me who are already there I can book the fast and multipass lines in advance already before day 24 for the days 24,25 and July 26th? Or do I still have to wait 24 days to be able to book and purchase in advance? I will be in a deluxe onsite resort. I don't understand how it will work

DCBaker

Premium Member
Guys, I didn't quite understand the news. For me it will be the first time in Orlando from 18th to 26th July, starting from the 24th things will change I have read but for me who are already there I can book the fast and multipass lines in advance already before day 24 for the days 24,25 and July 26th? Or do I still have to wait 24 days to be able to book and purchase in advance? I will be in a deluxe onsite resort. I don't understand how it will work

From my understanding, Genie+ will remain as is until July 23, and for you, beginning July 24, you can book your choices for July 24, 25 and 26.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
More that I'll miss about Genie+ same day booking is planning around weather. It's been easy to pass on a day that looks like a wash or to strategize booking around a dry part of the day. Weather forecasts 7+ days out aren't going to be accurate enough to feel confident about what time I want to be in the park and have selections planned.

Edit: Adding on here, similar to what I added in a subsequent post, weather didn't matter in the past when selections were free. Rain at 4pm and don't want to deal with going to the park? It was a free FP+, no big deal. Now? Id feel either forced or that I'm losing something paid for if not going.

Last edited:

CJR

If I had it my way, but were forced to keep it monetized, I would go all ILL/Single Pass. Pay for each one individually.

It would most definitely free up lines for less demanded rides. Lots of people likely only reserve them because they feel like they are maximizing their value.

Now, they'll definitely "pick three" "just because". It's definitely not going to shorten standby times.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You said the same thing about genie+. That they would keep raising the prices once they introduced the individual park options. That never happened.
If you’ll recall…Chapek actually said that…

The problem is the backlash they got…to the point they are rocking pathetically low hotel occupancy right now. Takes time for somethings to shake out. Genie got a bad rep from the start and didn’t really improve. To the point disability passes were being used to avoid it and they had to crack down on that. Stay tuned.
The graphics showed 27$ for mk...I think they are going to keep pricing the same. Obviously it's going to vary by day.
It really depends on how it is received

They have heard people whining about fastpass+ for 5 years now…so they’re rolling it back with fee.

They need money. There is zero doubt about that. They’ll push it to the edge and beyond. Stay tuned

djkidkaz

This is definitely a great change. All I have wanted to do from the old system is be able to make my 3 fast pass selections and time them out so I can go to the park for a few hours, hit my three rides, get some lunch and head out. So if this is basically the old system now behind a paywall, then whatever, I’m just glad to have the old system back.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
For me, this is great news!
- prebook for length of stay
- choose return times
- even the tiers don’t bother me

I found it so much less stressful to be able to pre-book using FP+ than using G+

I found FP+ less stressful because it was free. If I booked something and didn't think I could make it because plans were flexible and we wanted to do something else, it worked great to cancel. Now there's real money involved and less flexibility because now people will feel they need to go to a park to use a paid selection made a week ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom