Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

MrPromey

There are going to be a handful of weeks that are just crazy crowded and kind of have to accept it. They can't really, business wise, like quadruple capacity just so those handful of weeks there are minimal lines
No but they could probably double it in most parks (with a mix of desirable attractions including but not exclusively e-tickets) to make the them enjoyable and manageable the rest of the year and then just maybe it would be a little more bearable this time of year as an added perk.

Remember, thanks to the way they've manipulated attendance, there is no "slow" season anymore so it's not like that capacity would go unused the rest of the year.

Biff215

For many parents it's either this week or the summer.
I have two kids and also teach yet have found other times to visit throughout the year. To each their own.

My wife and I went Christmas week before having kids. Christmas Eve and Day were actually enjoyable. Then the 26th on was positively miserable. We went in with reasonable expectations and were still glad we did it, but agreed that we would never do it again, especially with kids.

Now I’d pick something like a cruise for a busy period as even though it will be full, there is a maximum capacity. With Disney you never really know!

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Genie+ Multiple Parks option has sold out.

IMG_F482217F2C87-1.jpeg

TheMaxRebo

Without any single park having sold out? That’s new isn’t it? I guess they’re trying to limit park hoppers from using G+ in their second park due to the fireworks later.

It happened yesterday but then like minutes later DHS sold out, so at the time I thought it was just a timing issue, but maybe it really did sell out first seperately

But this is the first time that option has been sold out for more than a few minutes before an individual park has sold out

prberk

... that have mass appeal.

Just wanted to add that last point because a couple of 3-4 minute spinners won't fix this problem.

They need something with high capacity without height restrictions that can appeal to a wide demographic like... that ride they got rid of - the one based on movies - that was a reliable people-eater.
They used to understand and make nearly everything a people-eater that had wide appeal. There were a few smaller things were mostly there for kinetic movement in the visuals, and they added to the theme — but still enough people-eating fully immersive - and often long - experiences to keep things moving. That was what made Disney parks different. It wasn’t just the latest 2-minute rollercoaster with a theme thrown on it.

Last edited:

Conno

I can't be the only one irrationally (given it's irrational, I guess I could be the only one) triggered by the amount of "Genie+ sold out today!" news articles on wdwmagic's front page.

When does it stop being news that Genie+ is selling out?

I'll see myself out.

jeanericuser001

I can't be the only one irrationally (given it's irrational, I guess I could be the only one) triggered by the amount of "Genie+ sold out today!" news articles on wdwmagic's front page.

When does it stop being news that Genie+ is selling out?

I'll see myself out.
I recommend looking at those articles as like watching someone having to clean a foul mess someone else has made. Those are all people that have trapped themselves in this and all they can do is wait in endlessly long lines in the bitter cold that will in just a few short days reduce significantly with possibly warmer weather. The worst part is many people have bought the genie+ not knowing that many of the best spots were probably reserved far earlier and all that is left is just a few random spots for smaller attractions. Its like paying for a big tasty pizza but instead you are getting burnt pizza crumbs. There is gonna be a ton of crying kids at those hotels. Sounds like disney should consider a sponsorship with earplugs or noise canceling headphones.

drizgirl

I recommend looking at those articles as like watching someone having to clean a foul mess someone else has made. Those are all people that have trapped themselves in this and all they can do is wait in endlessly long lines in the bitter cold that will in just a few short days reduce significantly with possibly warmer weather. The worst part is many people have bought the genie+ not knowing that many of the best spots were probably reserved far earlier and all that is left is just a few random spots for smaller attractions. Its like paying for a big tasty pizza but instead you are getting burnt pizza crumbs. There is gonna be a ton of crying kids at those hotels. Sounds like disney should consider a sponsorship with earplugs or noise canceling headphones.
It’s not like most people can look at the forecast and decide to come next week instead. The quite possibly have kids who will be back in school then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom