Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

DHS may be even worse during Presidents Day or Easter with RnRC closed and only 8 rides operating.

(if none of the others break down)

RNRC is currently down, so probably similar to today, but yeah - that park really can handle when rides go down (and they have a few that are down at least an hour every day .... Could use a few more low tech/high reliability rides)

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Just checking and at this point people who buy it should at least have two booked and only thing gone is SDD. Several don't have return times until 5pm or 7pm for some ... So guess see what is still left after 1 pm, the latest a third could be booked.

Sucks to have to pay, but there are currently 7 g+ attractions at DHS with posted standby waits of more than one hour, and an hour of park time is worth at least $12, so skipping 3 or more of those lines can make the cost worth it
Nothing more fun than rope dropping with a couple of screaming kids in a packed park only to have to force yourself to stay so that you can redeem a G+ ride reservation 7 hours in the future.

Vegas Disney Fan

yes, but at least they aren't paying extra or feeling they have to pay extra that day and less % taken from the LL should make standby lines at least move more (even if same time will feel more productive) and people who pay will use more on the bigger rides so really should make lines at C and D tickets flow better, etc

And then the people that are willing to pay, should be shorter LL lines and more availability for LL so feel like gettig more for their money - at least my thinking ... like at Universal, it costs a lot more but if you get it you feel like you get more out of it
The longer lines at the “lessor” rides is my biggest complaint with Genie. We all expect lines at the E tickets but Genie has created lines that never used to exist. The Little Mermaid (in DCA) was previously a 10 minute wait (or less) until they put Genie on it, now it’s 20-30 and often longer. Monsters Inc was usually 5-15 minutes before Genie, now it’s often over 45. Genie has ruined the walk on rides that used to make the occasional long line bearable.

Had they gone with just ILLs on the biggest rides it would make sense but Genie is purely a money grab, it’s not necessary on most of the rides they’ve put it on but they had to put it on those rides to justify the price they are charging.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ at Disney's Animal Kingdom has sold out.

IMG_19492E3820C0-1.jpeg

surfsupdon

Weren’t Park Passes supposed to spread the masses out?

I’m still bitter we need to make park pass reservations moving forward as a group and Disney charges us $1 to make them for a system that isn’t even needed.😂

Disstevefan1

Weren’t Park Passes supposed to spread the masses out?

I’m still bitter we need to make park pass reservations moving forward as a group and Disney charges us $1 to make them for a system that isn’t even needed.😂
I think Park Pass Reservations was a test.

Just like FastPass was free and now we pay, some day, I predict we will PAY for Park Pass Reservations.

TheMaxRebo

I think Park Pass Reservations was a test.

Just like FastPass was free and now we pay, some day, I predict we will PAY for Park Pass Reservations.

I thought they might do something like that with annual passes, and more likely at Disneyland than WDW, but where your pass grants you access to book days and each day has a cost - maybe some are free but then like if you want to go on NYE if is $40 or something

mattpeto

Genie+ at Disney's Hollywood Studios/Multiple Parks has already sold out.

View attachment 760733
Just looking at current return windows:

MMRR: +4 hours
MFSR: +7 hours
RnRC: +7 hours
SDD: N/A
ToT: +3.5 hours

By restricting more Genie+ guests, guests who have DHS Genie+ should be able to get a valuable 2nd and 3rd LL at the 3rd standard draw (12:30 pm).

TheMaxRebo

Obviously an imperfect system but am glad they aren't just raising the # they sell and instead letting it sell out so those that buy it can get some use out of it

More reminder to just not visit this week though lol

(At least for a "regular" trip - it like an extra trip where just going for experience and not rides, then that is one thing)

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
Just looking at current return windows:

MMRR: +4 hours
MFSR: +7 hours
RnRC: +7 hours
SDD: N/A
ToT: +3.5 hours

By restricting more Genie+ guests, guests who have DHS Genie+ should be able to get a valuable 2nd and 3rd LL at the 3rd standard draw (12:30 pm).
Possible that they have progressively lowered the G+ allocation due to guest complaints about not being able to redeem LL returns due to the large number of purchases. Also possible that they have also spread out return times as to improve the balance between LL and Standby admissions at queue merge points, because with so many G+ purchases, standby times just became too onerous because the ratio of LL to Standby admissions went way out of spec.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom