Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

mattpeto

Obviously an imperfect system but am glad they aren't just raising the # they sell and instead letting it sell out so those that buy it can get some use out of it

More reminder to just not visit this week though lol

(At least for a "regular" trip - it like an extra trip where just going for experience and not rides, then that is one thing)
For many parents it's either this week or the summer.

monothingie

Turn those machines back on!
Premium Member
I'm sure keeping guests in the park because popular attractions are still running to clear out queues for an extra hour or two or more after close isn't a desirable thing.

JD80

For many parents it's either this week or the summer.

I think it's mostly people who don't do any research or do very little and think WDW at Christmas will be fun!

Then they go and regret it. Most people just don't understand how massive a tourist engine WDW is. Most people think it's a super version of whatever their closest regional amusement park is. It's many many multiple above whatever their expectations are.

Or they have some vague memory from 20 or 30 years ago when they last went that is worn away by time and childhood memories.

TheMaxRebo

While they 1000% need more capacity, even if the park had 4 new attractions the wait time would still be obscene. Way too many people there.

There are going to be a handful of weeks that are just crazy crowded and kind of have to accept it. They can't really, business wise, like quadruple capacity just so those handful of weeks there are minimal lines

mattpeto

I get that Christmas and summer work the best for time off school. Maybe it's just me but for my family Christmas was about spending time with family.
I hear you, but I don't think it's mutually exclusive.

You can go to WDW on 12/26 through NY and your kids don't miss school. You still get family time on Eve and Christmas at home.

Or you can go with your family to WDW.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think it's mostly people who don't do any research or do very little and think WDW at Christmas will be fun!

Then they go and regret it. Most people just don't understand how massive a tourist engine WDW is. Most people think it's a super version of whatever their closest regional amusement park is. It's many many multiple above whatever their expectations are.

Or they have some vague memory from 20 or 30 years ago when they last went that is worn away by time and childhood memories.

Or they think if they go on Christmas Day to Magic Kingdom they'll see the televised parade in person even though it's recorded in November (at least they used to, do they even really have parade segments anymore on TV?)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ at Disney's Animal Kingdom has sold out.

IMG_4321E258B4E8-1.jpeg

bryanfze55

Personally, I envy the people who can tolerate a line that long. I certainly couldn’t do it.

We can assume these people are having a terrible time, but who knows. Maybe us fans are just jaded. I have a coworker who just got back from a Christmas trip at WDW, and she said they had a good time. I have no reason not to believe her. I think the casual visitor just may have different expectations.

DisneyCane

Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they misread it as 3.5 hours. Who decides “Yeah, that’s fine, let me just wait in this line.”
Not even the best theme park ride ever created (whatever that is to you) is worth waiting over 3 hours for. You are paying an admission fee just to stand around for hours not doing anything. That's where a park designed around all virtual queues would be valuable. Even if you were only allowed to be in one queue at a time, you could spend 3 hours enjoying atmosphere and walking around or eating/drinking.

MrPromey

RNRC is currently down, so probably similar to today, but yeah - that park really can handle when rides go down (and they have a few that are down at least an hour every day .... Could use a few more low tech/high reliability rides)
... that have mass appeal.

Just wanted to add that last point because a couple of 3-4 minute spinners won't fix this problem.

They need something with high capacity without height restrictions that can appeal to a wide demographic like... that ride they got rid of - the one based on movies - that was a reliable people-eater.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom