Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Touchdown

Because we don’t spend all day in the parks and we were with another group of 7. Knock out things as soon as we can and get back to the resort.

If was quiet until the day after Memorial Day, then crowds picked up
This is something I don’t understand, I rope drop to close, or at most go back to the resort for a 1-2 hour break in the middle of the day and may eat dinner at a resort. I’m paying to be at WDW I’m going to maximize my time in the parks, why else am I there?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This is something I don’t understand, I rope drop to close, or at most go back to the resort for a 1-2 hour break in the middle of the day and may eat dinner at a resort. I’m paying to be at WDW I’m going to maximize my time in the parks, why else am I there?
I am a dvc member and annual passholder. I don’t need to overdo it and kill myself each trip as I visit often. The Genie+ purchases are for (in Stacey’s voice) “the must do’s” as early as I can.

Midday is often rest/swim/resort etc. time for us. Evenings back to the park or Disney springs

esskay

Because we don’t spend all day in the parks and we were with another group of 7. Knock out things as soon as we can and get back to the resort.

If was quiet until the day after Memorial Day, then crowds picked up
Fair enough, for what it's worth I was there mid may, we do the same (Get in early, get stuff done) and are out by 11am and dont come back till the evening (if at all) but never needed Genie+ or any lightning lanes and still got everything done.

Disstevefan1

Fair enough, for what it's worth I was there mid may, we do the same (Get in early, get stuff done) and are out by 11am and dont come back till the evening (if at all) but never needed Genie+ or any lightning lanes and still got everything done.
I agree, no matter what system is in place, it was always good to get there for rope drop or early entry and for park close.

Patcheslee

I agree, no matter what system is in place, it was always good to get there for rope drop or early entry and for park close.
I'll be hoping to rope drop, but more likely get there just with the first hour of opening. Midday break for DHs nebulizer at the hotel (asthma has gotten worse), then hopefully back to parks by 5ish. I think I really would kill him if we tried all day every day. We've asked doc for 2 months now to tell us what type of portable to buy, no answer yet gah

Disstevefan1

I'll be hoping to rope drop, but more likely get there just with the first hour of opening. Midday break for DHs nebulizer at the hotel (asthma has gotten worse), then hopefully back to parks by 5ish. I think I really would kill him if we tried all day every day. We've asked doc for 2 months now to tell us what type of portable to buy, no answer yet gah
Absolutely, if you are going to open and close a park a break in the middle of the day is the way to go.

We picked up this portable nebulizer from amazon. We have not tested it yet. I have no idea how good or bad it is.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Mid-may is usually a good time to go crowd wise. I could have done without G+ for a few days for sure

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh man…they’re trying to lay down a smoke screen to continue to sell a product that is not needed…and doesn’t appear to be needed for the middle term future.

More damage control

Ayla

I'm there on vacation, which means I have zero desire to be on my feet from 7am to 10pm. There are so many other things to do at WDW that don't include the parks. Branch out sometime, you might enjoy it.

dreday3

To drink at the pool.
Enjoy the resort.
Eat.
Visit other resorts.
Ride the Skyliner around for no other reason than you don't have one at home.
Afternoon cocktails at different hotel bars.
Naps.
Laying at the pool, enjoying the warm weather when you come from the cold.
Leisurely days of nothing but what you feel like.
Rock in rocking chairs and people watch.
Shop.

A vacation. 😄

tanc

What is genie+ like? Is it a good experience or are people glued to their phones all day? Genuinely curious because I haven't been to WDW since pre Genie+. Been a while since it's been out too, and just never looked into it.

Tokyo Disney just announced a free fastpass basically. I guess they're testing the waters, but it's unfortunate that free fastpass is long gone in the states.

TheMaxRebo

To drink at the pool.
Enjoy the resort.
Eat.
Visit other resorts.
Ride the Skyliner around for no other reason than you don't have one at home.
Afternoon cocktails at different hotel bars.
Naps.
Laying at the pool, enjoying the warm weather when you come from the cold.
Leisurely days of nothing but what you feel like.
Rock in rocking chairs and people watch.
Shop.

A vacation. 😄
See for me we don't got to Walt Disney World for vacation - it is an entertainment trip focused on the parks

If we want to do things what you layout (e.g., an actual vacation) we would go somewhere else/somewhere cheaper or do a cruise or something.

But guess that is the great thing about WDW, different ways to do it/for them to get your money

dreday3

See for me we don't got to Walt Disney World for vacation - it is an entertainment trip focused on the parks

If we want to do things what you layout (e.g., an actual vacation) we would go somewhere else/somewhere cheaper or do a cruise or something.

But guess that is the great thing about WDW, different ways to do it/for them to get your money

We do cruises, island vacations, small town bed and breakfast, big cities and boutique hotels, all of it.

We go to WDW for the parks, sure, but it's still a vacation for us, the one we chose for that year. You can bet I'm laying around with a drink at some point in my trip. I can't do 9 days, all day in a park straight. My husband would kill me, I would kill me.

Even at Dollywood we take a day to just enjoy the hotel (DreamMore is nice) and go for dinner around the area.

TheMaxRebo

What is genie+ like? Is it a good experience or are people glued to their phones all day? Genuinely curious because I haven't been to WDW since pre Genie+. Been a while since it's been out too, and just never looked into it.

Tokyo Disney just announced a free fastpass basically. I guess they're testing the waters, but it's unfortunate that free fastpass is long gone in the states.

The Tokyo news is interesting - they are still keeping the premiere attractions paid access but the other attractions, which had Fast pass, are moving to "Priority Pass" which will not be an extra charge

So it would be like WDW keeping the ILL attractions (and maybe adding a few to that) but then including G+ at no charge .... Which could be an interesting structure to go to

TheMaxRebo

We do cruises, island vacations, small town bed and breakfast, big cities and boutique hotels, all of it.

We go to WDW for the parks, sure, but it's still a vacation for us, the one we chose for that year. You can bet I'm laying around with a drink at some point in my trip. I can't do 9 days, all day in a park straight. My husband would kill me, I would kill me.

We also don't go for that long - don't think we have ever done more than 5 nights (usually 3-4) so more focused ... But (so far) to at least once a year for that shorter period, and then do other vacations each year to other places that are more actual "vacation"

dreday3

We also don't go for that long - don't think we have ever done more than 5 nights (usually 3-4) so more focused ... But (so far) to at least once a year for that shorter period, and then do other vacations each year to other places that are more actual "vacation"

We do one big vacation a year - that's what works with my job. Maybe a long weekend somewhere close too same year.

So wherever we go, we stay a while. 😄

TheMaxRebo

As to the question of what G+ is like ... We found it to be very efficient when we used it. We got way more use out of it and for more in demand rides than with FP+. Especially combined with park hoping and stacking for your 2nr park, you can really get a lot done....

BUT it did take some more on the fly project management and did feel like in my phone more - just checking for how return times are looking to prepare for when the time came we could book our next,etc .... Definitely felt like had less "stop to smell the roses) moments

For our next trip it is looking like low crowds so likely won't get it, but even if crowds were higher we would likely only get it for some days and those would be the go, go, go days and the other days would be the slower park days to take them in and do shows and things like that

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It can be very good if you manipulate it the right way

But you are phone glued

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom