Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree that there has to be a better way. I feel like one of the biggest complaints (even thought it was free) about FP+ was the zig-zagging. I can’t believe they didn’t want to try and fix that when they did this Genie+ nonsense.

The unfortunate part is that because the parks are so under built and people still flock to the parks that a lineskip system of some sort is a must, and until they replace it, people will keep buying it.
I did zero zig-zagging with FP+ because I could select my 3 ahead of time in the areas I was gonna be in plus had the ability to select what times I wanted initially and when booking more later in the day. That selecting a time feature so desperately needs to be added in my opinion.

We can select times for ILLs but not LLs which makes planning even more difficult because no one wants to pay more for an ILL and risk missing it

Trauma

The "Why don't you try Universal?" folks need to realise that when you want Disney, only Disney will do.
That’s one ride out of many.

Can’t be any worse than Navi River or Falcon.

I have no idea why it replied to you this was for GhostHost talking about the Mario ride.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
I know when I stay at my deluxe at Disney I get nothing expect a late night in the parks every few days.
Right. And when you stay at Universal you get express pass included with a hotel that costs much less than Disney deluxe resorts.

So express pass is great at Universal. But this is a site about WDW. I’m still waiting to hear how the express pass model would work at WDW.

Trauma

Right. And when you stay at Universal you get express pass included with a hotel that costs much less than Disney deluxe resorts.

So express pass is great at Universal. But this is a site about WDW. I’m still waiting to hear how the express pass model would work at WDW.
It wouldn’t. Disney would first need more rides that people want to ride at each park or get rid of the 2 O’clock rule.

However I would prefer Disney did something more like Universal. Include it with the deluxe and just raise the price of the rooms.

I’d rather know how much I’m paying up front then randomly generated G+ prices everyday.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It wouldn’t. Disney would first need more rides that people want to ride at each park or get rid of the 2 O’clock rule.

However I would prefer Disney did something more like Universal. Include it with the deluxe and just raise the price of the rooms.

I’d rather know how much I’m paying up front then randomly generated G+ prices everyday.
That would be golden for dvc members.

RoadiJeff

I know when I stay at my deluxe at Disney I get nothing expect a late night in the parks every few days.
You also get the opportunity to purchase individual LL tickets at 7:00 instead of waiting until the park opens, like those staying off-site have to do. ;)

esskay

I just got back from a 12 day trip. Spent over $900 extra on Genie+ and ILLs and that's with just 2 of us (and we didn't go to the parks every day).

Don't even get me started on the zig-zagging across the park that took place each day and rides being down at times which cause it to be less useful.

There has to be a better way
One question: Why?

In a 12 day trip during a quiet(er) period you really shouldn't have needed Genie+ at all unless you were only entering the parks in the afternoon.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
One question: Why?

In a 12 day trip during a quiet(er) period you really shouldn't have needed Genie+ at all unless you were only entering the parks in the afternoon.
Because we don’t spend all day in the parks and we were with another group of 7. Knock out things as soon as we can and get back to the resort.

If was quiet until the day after Memorial Day, then crowds picked up

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom