Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Dranth

Yes but it’s another on a long list of reasons to not go back.

For me it’s not even the $$$ it’s just having to refresh my phone every 45 seconds to try to move up return times.

The bigger question is what will Disney do to continue G+ sales when the recession hits and the parks are far less crowded.

Will they be manipulating staffing etc to artificially drive wait times?
Legit question, why do you keep going? You seem very unhappy with Disney in general yet it seems you go a good bit.

lentesta

Premium Member
It would be interesting to see a graph of Genie+ prices compared to actual data of the parks' busy-ness (by looking at wait times, e.g.,) in order to see if WDW's is correctly guessing demand.

@lentesta?

Charts below for the past 7 months. Raw data in Excel here. Let me know if I've missed something - I did this after waking up from a really good nap.

All of the correlation coefficients are right between 0.48 and 0.59. That indicates a moderate positive correlation, with the Magic Kingdom (0.5885) being the highest and EPCOT (0.4834) being the lowest.

The usual terms & disclaimers:
  • We measure "actual" crowd levels using Disney's posted wait times at popular attractions between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
  • Disney's posted wait times are often wrong, for various reasons, and in both directions
  • Weather plays a big part in actual crowd levels

Magic Kingdom Actual Crowd Level vs Genie+ Price.png

EPCOT Actual Crowd Level vs Genie+ Price.png

Hollywood Studios Actual Crowd Level vs Genie+ Price.png

Animal Kingdom Actual Crowd Level vs Genie+ Price.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
News on changes Disney is planning for Genie+ in 2024.

"Simplifying the Disney Genie+ experience: We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to spend less time planning in the park and more time enjoying your visit with friends and family. While we are not yet able to share specific details, we look forward to sharing more information at a later date."

Jrb1979

Sounds like bringing back the FastPass+ to Genie+, at least hopefully that's what it is

Still not sure I'd still pay for it, but could lean towards purchasing something that used to be free, if I could at least book my lightning lane rides in advanced
Unless they change how many you can book at a time it's still only being able to book 1 LL ahead of time.

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m surprised. Some people seemed so sure Disney would never go to book-ahead rides again! I think they guaranteed it.

I don’t think this will be the end of the world. What does everyone else think?

CaptainAmerica

News on changes Disney is planning for Genie+ in 2024.

"Simplifying the Disney Genie+ experience: We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024. Our goal is to give you the opportunity to spend less time planning in the park and more time enjoying your visit with friends and family. While we are not yet able to share specific details, we look forward to sharing more information at a later date."

Congratulations, they re-invented FastPass+.

Jrb1979

I have noticed all these changes they announced today all don't start til 2024. I'm wondering if reservations are slow for next year too.

Fido Chuckwagon

Going to insult all the new passholders they just attracted if the packages let you buy Genie+ in advance and book in advance, but the AP holders (even those staying on-site) cannot.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Gets rid of having to play fastest fingers at 7 am which is almost certainly by far the most unpopular part of the system. They’d also necessarily have to let you buy genie in advance so you’d at least know what you were paying.
Locking the price would be a much bigger win than sleeping past 7. It blows my mind that there are grown adults who sleep past 7 to begin with.

Fido Chuckwagon

Locking the price would be a much bigger win than sleeping past 7. It blows my mind that there are grown adults who sleep past 7 to begin with.
I don’t know how people who spend the day walking for miles and miles and miles at a park like MK until close at 11:00 PM, where it then takes another hour to get back to your room (unless you’re at the contemporary), can then turn around and wake up the next morning at 6:45 am. I mean, I do know, because that’s me, but. I’d sure like to be able to sleep in till like 7:30 or 8 on those days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom