Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

gqNJE8Z.gif

They're just effing with us now.
TWDC needs to make money somehow.

dreday3

You know, I didn't realize how much we spent on Genie + until we got home and I looked at our statement. Yikes.
Maybe they are on to something with the 7am system - I would hear my alarm, reach for phone, buy Genie +, book whatever we planned and go back to bed. All in a fog. 😄

I think ours was about $18 for most of the trip. We purchased 2 ILLs - Tron and Guardians - and honestly didn't even look at the price.

Disstevefan1

You know, I didn't realize how much we spent on Genie + until we got home and I looked at our statement. Yikes.
Maybe they are on to something with the 7am system - I would hear my alarm, reach for phone, buy Genie +, book whatever we planned and go back to bed. All in a fog. 😄

I think ours was about $18 for most of the trip. We purchased 2 ILLs - Tron and Guardians - and honestly didn't even look at the price.
You must tell us the grand total for just Genie+ and ILL for you and your family for the length of your stay. 🙏

MadderAdder

Okay - for 9 nights (not purchased on day one or day 10) - $411.12 for 2 people. That includes the two ILLs.

I mean, I guess it's not bad for 2 people, but it's $411 I really forgot to budget for. 😄
was this during spring break? Do you think 9 days of G+ was worth it? If I had a long trip I am not sure I’d do that many but 🤷‍♀️

dreday3

was this during spring break? Do you think 9 days of G+ was worth it? If I had a long trip I am not sure I’d do that many but 🤷‍♀️

I know I'll get crapped on for this - but yes it was worth it. We hopped or went to parks late afternoon to close everyday and did excellent with stacking. Not Spring break, but weeks after.
Now for next trip, if we are only going to Epcot for the day? No, we won't buy it for that. Or if it's our second day at AK? No.

But for days when we hopped or lazed around during day and went to park at night - totally worth it.

I should add our trip was 9 nights, so we purchased a total of 7 times. (Not on first or last day)

CaptainAmerica

Our last trip was 9 nights and we thought Genie+ was worth it for 5 days. Both days at Magic Kingdom and one day at each of the other parks.

We rope-dropped every day and did not buy any ILL. Tron wasn't open yet, but Splash still was. Pricing for our week was $18 some days, $20 others.

Disstevefan1

Okay - for 9 nights (not purchased on day one or day 10) - $411.12 for 2 people. That includes the two ILLs.

I mean, I guess it's not bad for 2 people, but it's $411 I really forgot to budget for. 😄
Thanks for the info. I am sure you would rather have that money for something else or not spend it at all but I guess we have no choice going forward.

Pay the price or don’t go on attractions.

MadderAdder

I know I'll get crapped on for this - but yes it was worth it. We hopped or went to parks late afternoon to close everyday and did excellent with stacking. Not Spring break, but weeks after.
Now for next trip, if we are only going to Epcot for the day? No, we won't buy it for that. Or if it's our second day at AK? No.

But for days when we hopped or lazed around during day and went to park at night - totally worth it.

I should add our trip was 9 nights, so we purchased a total of 7 times. (Not on first or last day)
Sounds like you used it in a way that helped make your vacation better! And more vacation-y… can’t fault you for that.

Jrb1979

I'm surprised with the all the data that Disney has when you compare it to other parks that they still have issues with figuring out price points for Genie+.

Jrb1979

Maybe they don't have issues at all and they let it ebb and flow as their data warrants for maximum return. IE: dynamic pricing
Maybe. My response was more to answer what some posted earlier about it fluctuating so much and Disney still figuring it out.

IMO it fluctuating so much is normal. It's like that at most parks who have paid systems.

CaptainAmerica

Maybe. My response was more to answer what some posted earlier about it fluctuating so much and Disney still figuring it out.

IMO it fluctuating so much is normal. It's like that at most parks who have paid systems.
Fluctuating, and fluctuating frequently, is expected. I'm surprised by the directions it's been fluctuating, i.e. Tuesday being more expensive than Friday, which was more expensive than Saturday.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I just finished a conference and am headed to MK on an after 1 ticket right now. Purchased G+ and was surprised to see it was $22 again. The park does not appear to be THAT busy outside the normal slow moving queue’s (SDMT, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan).

I only bought it because I only have today at MK. Although it is open until 11 tonight so I do look forward to a full 10 hours for a grand total of $109 after tax.

GimpYancIent

Seemingly a complete outage. Can’t buy Genie, book Genie if purchased already, book virtual queue, book park reservation. Fortunately I booked a park last night or I’d seemingly be out of luck even having a place to go this morning.

Got up at 6:55 — because that’s what I’m forced to do to ply the game now — and can’t do anything.

I have a sinking feeling that getting into the park this morning could be an epic disaster with park reservations not working.

Do the top execs not realize how much harm they are doing to their brand? Been here two days so far and Rise and Tron were both down for significant hours (not counting Big Thunder and others being down as well), this IT fiasco this morning…do they not understand that the guest experience is so poor now? (Let’s not discuss the two cast members on separate occasions badmouthing a guest when they walked away from them. I say that and we also interacted with some wonderful cast members.)

Personally, I may not be done with Disney (DVC ownership plays a role in that), but I DO NOT recommend Disney to anyone anymore. In fact, I’ve convinced folks NOT to come.

The parks are really a mess.
Yes, I fully get it, yet TWDC powers don't get it. Their actions continue to push people away.

dreday3

Seemingly a complete outage. Can’t buy Genie, book Genie if purchased already, book virtual queue, book park reservation. Fortunately I booked a park last night or I’d seemingly be out of luck even having a place to go this morning.

Got up at 6:55 — because that’s what I’m forced to do to ply the game now — and can’t do anything.

I have a sinking feeling that getting into the park this morning could be an epic disaster with park reservations not working.

Do the top execs not realize how much harm they are doing to their brand? Been here two days so far and Rise and Tron were both down for significant hours (not counting Big Thunder and others being down as well), this IT fiasco this morning…do they not understand that the guest experience is so poor now? (Let’s not discuss the two cast members on separate occasions badmouthing a guest when they walked away from them. I say that and we also interacted with some wonderful cast members.)

Personally, I may not be done with Disney (DVC ownership plays a role in that), but I DO NOT recommend Disney to anyone anymore. In fact, I’ve convinced folks NOT to come.

The parks are really a mess.

We were there that day and did not have those issues, so must have been sporadic.

I'll say the second day we were there Pirates and HM were down most of the day and one of the days we had to get an anytime pass because Dinosaur was down. Ended up walking on to Safari right then and Dino was back up when we got off.
Other than that we must have been very lucky this trip because we didn't run into any down time with rides.

We were also able to switch park reservations pretty easily mornings of if we wanted to and hopping still worked out great for us, even with the 2 pm start time (which I wish would go away).

As far as being on the phone a lot - we didn't have to charge our phones once during the day (except when we went to sleep) and we used them to play the magic band games, for photos, videos, etc. so I definitely don't think we spent much time on our phones at all. Only when we'd tap in for a ride to book another ride, which was usually fast.

Of course I don't like paying for Genie and I posted earlier how we'd do it different next time.

Cast members (not all) in the parks were meh in terms of "cheeriness" - I would equate them to the kids working in Starbucks back home- which would be "fine". 😂
The cast members we encountered at our hotel and at table service restaurants were actually fantastic this trip. I don't really pay attention to all of that stuff, but man, everyone, from management to maintenance at hotels/restaurants were really great.

Also, we found a lot of table service availability day of, even maybe one hour before. Was able to pick, choose, change a lot of ADRs.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Today is an example of where LL really isn’t even needed in MK. I arrived at 1PM and ate lunch and have done the following:

Lunch @ Casey’s
JC - LL
BTMRR - LL
PotC - LL
Ice Cream @ MSUSA
FoF - LL (just because I paid for it)
Buzz - LL
CoP

Almost everything else is a sub 40 minute wait right now except the following:

Astro Orbiter
HM
JC
Meet Mickey
PP
SDMT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom