Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

The price for Genie+ today has increased to $22. 

Rise of the Resistance also increased from $20 to $22.
IgerBucks.jpg

JD80

If I were running park ops I would want to see a few breaking points:
  1. Assuming $15 is your low baseline at what price breakpoints do you lose 10% / 20% / etc. of your purchases.
  2. At what saturation points (% of guests who purchased G+ at a specific park) do wait times go from Good to Average to Bad to Worse (I assume they have a better scale lol)
    1. By this I mean - when do Lightning Lanes start backing up - when do standby line start stagnating - when does spillover affect other rides around it. etc.
  3. Cross referencing the numbers above vs. guest satisfaction scores
You can only do this if you have arbitrary price points every day. You need to be able to compare different price points with similar crowd levels AND times of year. They have a lot of data for $15 a day, now comes the rollercoaster of G+ costs.

mysto

Early May has been widely touted as a great time to go on the internet. Now that it's May all those that are crowd averse have arrived and are driving up prices again. Just an idea.

MagicHappens1971

1. Assuming $15 is your low baseline at what price breakpoints do you lose 10% / 20% / etc. of your purchases.
  2. At what saturation points (% of guests who purchased G+ at a specific park) do wait times go from Good to Average to Bad to Worse (I assume they have a better scale lol)
    1. By this I mean - when do Lightning Lanes start backing up - when do standby line start stagnating - when does spillover affect other rides around it. etc.
You can only do this if you have arbitrary price points every day. You need to be able to compare different price points with similar crowd levels AND times of year. They have a lot of data for $15 a day, now comes the rollercoaster of G+ costs.
My mindset is this as well. They’re probably trying to find what the “perfect” baseline price is. See how flexible it is and how guests respond

JD80

Ayla

Yes, but that's assuming 100% of customers are planning on buying Genie+, which has never been the case (for a multitude of reasons).

Ayla

Early May has been widely touted as a great time to go on the internet. Now that it's May all those that are crowd averse have arrived and are driving up prices again. Just an idea.
I arrived on this day last year and it was packed the entire week.

JD80

Yes, but that's assuming 100% of customers are planning on buying Genie+, which has never been the case (for a multitude of reasons).

What do you mean? You'll be measuring against the percentage of guests who have it in the parks on a daily basis. That number is never 100%.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom