Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

SingleRider

Genie+ is back up to $18 for Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_2700.jpeg
    IMG_2700.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 36

CaptainAmerica

Genie+ users like Genie+ use it because they feel like they have to in order to get the same experience they once did with FP+
The Genie+ experience is far superior to that of FP+. It's the difference between a free public swimming pool and a paid private swimming pool with half the people in it.

but dislike the cost
Yes, it costs money.

living on their phone
I can book lightning lanes with one hand while I pee and I'm still on my phone less than the huge numbers of guests who spend their whole Disney park day on Instagram, with or without Genie+. People aren't living on their phone because of Genie+. On a full Magic Kingdom Genie+ days, I'm still leaving the Park with 60% battery life.

being unable to plan out a day like before
I'm old enough to remember (because it was only 3 years ago) when everybody constantly whined and complained that FastPass+ "forced you" to plan your day minute-by-minute. Now we're mad that we can't plan our day minute-by-minute.

and zig-zagging all over the parks
This has not been my experience.

esskay

The old video about the history of FastPass is still spot on even for Genie+ - the small group who 'befriend the monster' genuinely believe the system is great. That group of people are the last people who's opinions on it should matter however as they'll never understand why their view is so flawed. It's the first timer who matters.

Well worth a watch regardless of which group you fit in.

bmr1591

I’m not for or against Genie+, but most complaints surrounding it are absolutely ludicrous. “It keeps me on my phone all day and I can’t enjoy my vacation!” Nah, you’re just addicted to your phone. Genie+ takes all of two minutes to use after you scan into a ride, then you put it up and enjoy the park.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The Genie+ experience is far superior to that of FP+. It's the difference between a free public swimming pool and a paid private swimming pool with half the people in it.

Yes, it costs money.

I can book lightning lanes with one hand while I pee and I'm still on my phone less than the huge numbers of guests who spend their whole Disney park day on Instagram, with or without Genie+. People aren't living on their phone because of Genie+. On a full Magic Kingdom Genie+ days, I'm still leaving the Park with 60% battery life.

I'm old enough to remember (because it was only 3 years ago) when everybody constantly whined and complained that FastPass+ "forced you" to plan your day minute-by-minute. Now we're mad that we can't plan our day minute-by-minute.

you must have visited and used G+ during slower periods, without attraction downtime while there, and enjoy playing the lottery at 7am.

the modify option has helped some, but not being able to select times when booking I think should be added and most dislike the 7am scramble for the popular LL and ILLs. It's also important to note, G+ would work better with more attractions

CaptainAmerica

you must have visited and used G+ during slower periods, without attraction downtime while there, and enjoy playing the lottery at 7am.

the modify option has helped some, but not being able to select times when booking I think should be added and most dislike the 7am scramble for the popular LL and ILLs. It's also important to note, G+ would work better with more attractions
Attraction downtime is the best part of Genie+.

Buzz breaking down over and over again means I get to ride Big Thunder five times in one night with no line.

Jenny72

For what it's worth, I have an acquaintance who just went to Disney World. Definitely not a superfan, but she did plan ahead. When I casually asked how the trip was, she said she loved a lot of the rides, including the new ones. But she also brought up how much she hated having to use Genie+. She bought it every day, but was very negative about it. In particular she hated having to get on it right in the morning. I don't think it ruined their trip or anything, but it was the one sour note in an otherwise good experience.

SingleRider

Attraction downtime is the best part of Genie+.

Buzz breaking down over and over again means I get to ride Big Thunder five times in one night with no line.
Or Barnstormer during a late night thunderstorm at MK. I rode Space as a walk on via standby and booked Barnstormer LLs, two of the later ones turned into redemption passes valid for the next day at any park, some rides excluded. I was going to AK the next day and didn’t even purchase Genie that day since I had two wildcards in my pocket.

CaptainAmerica

Or Barnstormer during a late night thunderstorm at MK. I rode Space as a walk on via standby and booked Barnstormer LLs, two of the later ones turned into redemption passes valid for the next day at any park, some rides excluded. I was going to AK the next day and didn’t even purchase Genie that day since I had two wildcards in my pocket.
Oh wow, I've never heard of the next day version. Score!

Jrb1979

Yes, it costs money.

It's better than FP+ as its less planning. IMO if I'm going to pay for shorter wait times Genie+ is awful. I want simple like Express Pass with no return times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom