Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

CaptainAmerica

So if a G+ booking is cancelled due to weather or ride breakdown, what happens?
You can immediately book a new one through the normal process (you'll pick a specific attraction and get the next available arrival window), plus you get a wildcard reservation that you can use for a different attraction (or the same attraction once it gets back up and running) without needing to schedule anything.

The wildcard reservation can't necessarily be used for ANY ride you want, depending on the park. Like... if Imagination breaks down, you're not going to be able to redeem the wildcard at Ratatouille. They're tiered based on what's the most in-demand attractions, similar to the old FastPass+ groups. At Magic Kingdom however, all of the Genie+ attractions are in the same bucket.

The wildcard reservations are not subject to the one-per-day limit. So if you use a Lightning Lane at Big Thunder, and then Buzz breaks down, you can use the wildcard reservation to ride Big Thunder again.

pdude81

So if a G+ booking is cancelled due to weather or ride breakdown, what happens?
People use that pass on something else and then rebook something immediately if they are payin gattention. This can cause huge swings in people going from one attraction to another. For example, we had a BTMRR pass we had to use and also a POTC that was stacked from earlier. When going to use the BTMRR the G+ queue was well out of the normal gate, backing up into FL. This is because Pirates went down and it was getting late. Often people will jump to the next closest ride they can use their pass on.

pdude81

The old video about the history of FastPass is still spot on even for Genie+ - the small group who 'befriend the monster' genuinely believe the system is great. That group of people are the last people who's opinions on it should matter however as they'll never understand why their view is so flawed. It's the first timer who matters.

Well worth a watch regardless of which group you fit in.

So people who like(d) using FP+ or G+ are too stupid to understand why your opinion is superior? And the opinion of a first timer who doesn't have experience with the product is what's important? Is that more important than your opinion, mine, or both?

Disney Dad 3000

How does the wildcard come up on the app. Just so I know when we go.

It'll show as Multiple experience (like below pending which park the attraction is in) on your Disney Genie day and when you open it up, should give a list of attractions you are eligible to use it on

1682371393844.png

esskay

So people who like(d) using FP+ or G+ are too stupid to understand why your opinion is superior? And the opinion of a first timer who doesn't have experience with the product is what's important? Is that more important than your opinion, mine, or both?
Er...no? Sorry if you took it that way, I recommend watching the video for some better context.

RyMickey

Seemingly a complete outage. Can’t buy Genie, book Genie if purchased already, book virtual queue, book park reservation. Fortunately I booked a park last night or I’d seemingly be out of luck even having a place to go this morning.

Got up at 6:55 — because that’s what I’m forced to do to ply the game now — and can’t do anything.

I have a sinking feeling that getting into the park this morning could be an epic disaster with park reservations not working.

Do the top execs not realize how much harm they are doing to their brand? Been here two days so far and Rise and Tron were both down for significant hours (not counting Big Thunder and others being down as well), this IT fiasco this morning…do they not understand that the guest experience is so poor now? (Let’s not discuss the two cast members on separate occasions badmouthing a guest when they walked away from them. I say that and we also interacted with some wonderful cast members.)

Personally, I may not be done with Disney (DVC ownership plays a role in that), but I DO NOT recommend Disney to anyone anymore. In fact, I’ve convinced folks NOT to come.

The parks are really a mess.

Ayla

Seemingly a complete outage. Can’t buy Genie, book Genie if purchased already, book virtual queue, book park reservation. Fortunately I booked a park last night or I’d seemingly be out of luck even having a place to go this morning.

Got up at 6:55 — because that’s what I’m forced to do to ply the game now — and can’t do anything.

Do the top execs not realize how much harm they are doing to their brand? Been here two days so far and Rise and Tron were both down for significant hours (not counting Big Thunder and others being down as well), this IT fiasco this morning…do they not understand that the guest experience is so poor now? (Let’s not discuss the two cast members on separate occasions badmouthing a guest when they walked away from them. I say that and we also interacted with some wonderful cast members.)

Personally, I may not be done with Disney (DVC ownership plays a role in that), but I DO NOT recommend Disney to anyone anymore. In fact, I’ve convinced folks NOT to come.

The parks are really a mess.
Oh, I've stopped being silent about awful behavior, especially in cases like you observed. "You know people can hear you, right" usually shuts them up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom