Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Dad 2 M & M

Mine train needs to drop the ILL status. Replace splash as a regular genie option. The ride is just not worth $11 or a 90 minute wait
Agree totally…but enough STILL buy it

On a different note; hope the Tron Que remaining open for the record amount of time is just an aberration as we were hoping it would be a people eater….may not be the case

allgiggles

Mine train needs to drop the ILL status. Replace splash as a regular genie option. The ride is just not worth $11 or a 90 minute wait

I'll be the odd person out and say I hope they *don't* drop 7DMT as an ILL. I could easily skip the ride, but the rest of my family likes to ride it every visit. While none of us think it's worth $11 to ride, we buy the ILL for it because then we don't have to do the mad dash at rope drop and still spend 20-30 minutes waiting in line for it (I have no desire to even wait 20 minutes for it). Last June we bought the ILL, did 3 other rides during Early Entry instead of just riding 7DMT. Then we rode 7DMT with no wait as we left the park right after lunch. That was totally worth the $11 to us. We didn't have to wait in line at all and we rode it at a time that was convenient for us, freeing us up to ride other rides early in the morning and late at night.

Dad 2 M & M

I'll be the odd person out and say I hope they *don't* drop 7DMT as an ILL. I could easily skip the ride, but the rest of my family likes to ride it every visit. While none of us think it's worth $11 to ride, we buy the ILL for it because then we don't have to do the mad dash at rope drop and still spend 20-30 minutes waiting in line for it (I have no desire to even wait 20 minutes for it). Last June we bought the ILL, did 3 other rides during Early Entry instead of just riding 7DMT. Then we rode 7DMT with no wait as we left the park right after lunch. That was totally worth the $11 to us. We didn't have to wait in line at all and we rode it at a time that was convenient for us, freeing us up to ride other rides early in the morning and late at night.
Yes

The key here is the huge opportunity cost to ride it at Rope Drop….losing the opportunity to ride many others, then head to the ILL….SO TRUE at the Studios and the “other” side of the Park at rope drop….the RnR coaster and Tower can BOTH be ridden easily while struggle at the Slinky and Star Wars

Touchdown

Yes

The key here is the huge opportunity cost to ride it at Rope Drop….losing the opportunity to ride many others, then head to the ILL….SO TRUE at the Studios and the “other” side of the Park at rope drop….the RnR coaster and Tower can BOTH be ridden easily while struggle at the Slinky and Star Wars
Early Entry is so key. Do what you can in SW and TS during it but hit Mickey right at regular opening and then do Tower, over and over again.

pdude81

Early Entry is so key. Do what you can in SW and TS during it but hit Mickey right at regular opening and then do Tower, over and over again.
My usual flow is SDD, then ToT. After that it depends on whether I bought G+ or not that day. But rope dropping early entry is critically important to an easy morning at DHS

Dad 2 M & M

My usual flow is SDD, then ToT. After that it depends on whether I bought G+ or not that day. But rope dropping early entry is critically important to an easy morning at DHS
Will those days of TOT over and over again during Fantasmic ever return?

Kman

We are going to be at MK this Sunday. We have never used Genie+ and we are wondering if it is worth it at this time of year or if that isn't a consideration. Any comments?

James Alucobond

We are going to be at MK this Sunday. We have never used Genie+ and we are wondering if it is worth it at this time of year or if that isn't a consideration. Any comments?
I think that depends on what your priorities are. Like, is the goal to be on rides constantly and do as much as possible? Or are you staying somewhere on property with early entry that would allow you to do a couple things you really want right off the bat, and if so, would you be cool taking it easy the rest of the day? I think which systems you engage with will depend on the experience you want.

arich35

Yeah it truly depends on your vacation. Are you there for just a day or are you staying on resort for x amount of days? Are you going to be there right at opening staying all day or coming later?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom