Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FastPass was not a perk. When everyone gets it, it's not a perk.
Agree. This is starting to aggravate me.

it was a ride rationing/crowd management system. They needed it (+) because they didn’t add enough for decades…but it wasn’t a perk.

you paid what you did for your room because you wanted to have “Disney” written on the signs around your room…not for perks. Maybe the pool…I guess?

DLR>WDW

Interview about Genie with Josh -

I like Josh but he didn't really come off very likable here. He framed the entire existence of Genie Plus++ as basically having the privilege to ride certain "special attractions." Doesn't sit well with me, considering guests are paying sometimes $200+ just to get in for the day.

pixarprincess

To throw out, People have no problem shelling out over 200 dollars per ticket per day for express at Universal. Including single time express. I mean theexpress for the HHN tickets can be as high as a $500 surcharge. Example for Sept 8th,View attachment 580680
They're also free for hotel guests and Royal Pacific is like $300/night. It's not a fair comparison at all.

Waters Back Side

Friendly reminder that the $15 Genie+ service says attractions and experiences, so you'd be paying for things that won't be worth the cost. Not a knock on quality, but do you really need a Lightning Your Wallet Pass for stage shows?

And again, it's not unlimited, you'll be selecting a time just like everyone else. You're not just walking on a ride over and over.
Well you can select times for the tier 2 attractions unlimited cant you?

dav23

This is a lot more palatable then I expected. MaxPass is fantastic at Disneyland. As for what are the “Tier 1” rides, I think those will be limited to the top 2 biggest attractions at each park - 7DMT, Tron, FOP, GOG, ROTR, etc.

FutureCEO

Although this is a paid system, how profitable will it actually be? If a family has to pay upwards of $400 for a week, will other expenses be sacrificed; such as a cheaper hotel, a souvenir budget, or less sit down reservations?
Less tacky merchandise

donsullivan

Premium Member
Haha to be fair, I absolutely loved MaxPass. If savvy enough, you wouldn't have to wait in any lines at all. Being able to book another FP right after scanning in meant practically waiting in no lines at all and riding all the attractions you wanted to. If there wasn't any FPs available, or they were a long way out, you could just continue refreshing the list and eventually something would show up. Hope Genie+ continues this trend.
I thoroughly enjoyed MaxPass when I was at DL 2 years ago. I actually preferred it over FP+ as a local Passholder at WDW.

TimeTrip

That's my point. The LL is going to be longer than FP+ ever was. Because there is no limit, just a cost ceiling.
Re: headliner/T1 options, I would expect the price to be very high on busy days to discourage the line being crushed. Or they limit how many are available on a day. Or they start at a price based on park reservation count, then adjust up or down depending on how many people buy.

I can't imagine they would let the ratio be anything close to 80/20 like it used to be, since now it's a paid option. Hopefully.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is way more palatable then I expected. MaxPass is fantastic at Disneyland. As for what are the “Tier 1” rides, I think those will be limited to the top 2 biggest attractions at each park - 7DMT, Tron, FOP, GOG, ROTR, etc.
Well that’s the thing…different animals.

I agree about maxpass…this is in the neighborhood but not nearly as encompassing.

Oh…and just go ahead and NOT book that villa for Christmas or spring break…you’re not gonna like what you find 👍🏻

nickys

Premium Member
I’m confused already!

What’s the difference between the Genie Plus service and the Individual Selection service? And how do each work?
Think of the current Tier system for FP+

All tier 2 rides will be included in Genie+ (S15 per day)
Tier 1 rides can be purchased individually, but only 2 per day.

7dmt has been mentioned as a Tier 1 ride, Tron will be too I guess. Plus a few others.

brettf22

Premium Member
So onsite folks will be able to get up at 7, get their first pass included with the $15/day Genie+, then purchase two of the highest demand rides, then get in the park at rope drop, and ride possibly two of the highest demand rides ... all before offsite folks can get in and get any Genie passes. Then those folks who stay in Deluxe can stay late (without any Lightning Passes needed?). Sounds like a pretty big perk for onsite folks who like to get up early and stay late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom