Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Gringrinngghost

To throw out, People have no problem shelling out over 200 dollars per ticket per day for express at Universal. Including single time express. I mean theexpress for the HHN tickets can be as high as a $500 surcharge. Example for Sept 8th,
1629320396145.png

DLR>WDW

"Disney Genie is like the max pass program at Disneyland which has been a guest favorite" Has it, Gary? Has it really been a guest favorite?🤨🤨
Haha to be fair, I absolutely loved MaxPass. If savvy enough, you wouldn't have to wait in any lines at all. Being able to book another FP right after scanning in meant practically waiting in no lines at all and riding all the attractions you wanted to. If there wasn't any FPs available, or they were a long way out, you could just continue refreshing the list and eventually something would show up. Hope Genie+ continues this trend.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
$420 extra for a family of 4 over 7 days for something that used to be included/free, and doesn’t include everything that was included before. That will cost even more, and is limited to boot.

How Bob.
And…what exactly hasn’t been predicted about that for months???

I’ll be honest….I actually thought the minimum prices would be more pig than this

but the “no tier 1” is what is a huge shock beyond maxpass…which was fantastic (and is officially dead forever)…

this is meant to really kill you to ride what you show up for…and drive to the after hours. And that is on everyone who has bought them. Should be clear now.

Missing20K

This is ostensibly "better" than FP+ though. When EVERYONE had FP+, it wasn't an advantage. Now it is.

It's like swimming in a public pool with 200 people, or paying $15 to swim in a private pool with 20 people.
Seriously tho, isn’t everyone gonna purchase it, especially when the blogger moms tell them it’s the “only” way to do wdw correctly?
Notable Rise of the Resistance point from the D23 interview with Josh:

Think about Rise of the Resistance. It’s a highly demanded attraction. Guests show up in the morning and they try to get into the virtual queue. We get as many people on there as we can, but inevitably someone is disappointed. Now there’s another option on top of the virtual queue so if Rise of the Resistance is the reason you’re at Disneyland or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be an option for you to purchase Rise of the Resistance. So again: flexibility, optionality, better guest experience overall.
🤮 does he actually believe this?

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you. So a day at HS for 15 dollars means unlimited tier 2 rides..Tower of Terror, TSM,Rock N Roller Coaster etc.. what about the headliners on a busy week like New Years? Is that TBD in terms of pricing still? Will resort guests get one free?
Your persistence is creditable. 😉

So far there is nothing that says onsite guests get any free. Your benefit is you can schedule your first Genie+ and your Lightning Passes @7am.

Everyone else has to wait until they’re in the park.

dreday3

So we already have 9 day hoppers for end of October. 2 of us.
We'd be looking at an extra $30 a day to add this service? Plus more if we want the big rides.

I wish we knew when it would start, I'd like to figure out if we will be doing this or not.

Weirdly, we are bigger fans of the Tier 2 rides than we are Tier 1! :D

pixarprincess

How? It's basically MaxPass, but a number of the headliners aren't available and you'll have to pay extra. You can only get 2 instant per day, where as VIP Tours gets unlimited immediate entry. That said, making guests paying $750/hour to wait in the "Lightning Lane" is a tall ask but they did it pre-COVID when FP+ existed.
That's my point. The LL is going to be longer than FP+ ever was. Because there is no limit, just a cost ceiling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom