Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Jeff4272

In theory it sounds great for resort guests. It still doesn't fix the problem. As others have said there is too many guests buying Genie+ and it's a big reason for the lack of availability.
And you still have to be up at 7am and can’t pick return times and have to be on ur phone all day

pdude81

And you still have to be up at 7am and can’t pick return times and have to be on ur phone all day
To be fair, in the current system, if you had to stop and pick return times you'd be SOL before you even got to see what they were. Unless you waited it out for a random drop. Which of course can be stressful

jinx8402

Since it is not living up to guest expectations, and apparently Disney know this and looking to fix. What would you guys want to see as changes?

Here was an idea I thought of
  • Raise the price to $50 per day, include all rides (no ILL) for day guests
  • For Disney Packages, you can add on, and perhaps a discount per day for every extra day past 2 you add like tix. My thought would be it is separate from the number of actual ticket days, so you can have 7 ticket days but purchase 5 days of genie. This gives back a perk to onsite guests of getting better value for longer stays.
  • On Site guests (perhaps those who purchase 5+ genie days to limit how many are given out) get 1 advance scheduled LL a week out from check in. Not 1 per day, one total. Can then bring back the Club Level perk of being able to purchase 1 advance LL per Genie Day at an additional cost.
With that last point, sure the big ticket rides will likely be close to selling out in advance, but not too different then today which they get first dibs and they sell out before day guests get to purchase anyways.

Thepuma

One idea: all attractions are under Genie+ but resort guests pick their first at 7am, offsite at park open.

Not sure if I feel the same as other off site guests...but for me personally, if I could only get G+ reservations from park open, I probably wouldn't buy it...its the knock on effect....by the time the park opens your first G+ probably wouldn't be till mid afternoon...and by the time you come off that ride you'll do well to get another one before 6pm. By that time a lot of people tend to leave the park , especially if they have kids

But, there has to be some perk of being on property....I just think this would alienate what is the biggest buyers of G+ at present....off site guests.

Thepuma

Since it is not living up to guest expectations, and apparently Disney know this and looking to fix. What would you guys want to see as changes?

Here was an idea I thought of
  • Raise the price to $50 per day, include all rides (no ILL) for day guests
  • For Disney Packages, you can add on, and perhaps a discount per day for every extra day past 2 you add like tix. My thought would be it is separate from the number of actual ticket days, so you can have 7 ticket days but purchase 5 days of genie. This gives back a perk to onsite guests of getting better value for longer stays.
  • On Site guests (perhaps those who purchase 5+ genie days to limit how many are given out) get 1 advance scheduled LL a week out from check in. Not 1 per day, one total. Can then bring back the Club Level perk of being able to purchase 1 advance LL per Genie Day at an additional cost.
With that last point, sure the big ticket rides will likely be close to selling out in advance, but not too different then today which they get first dibs and they sell out before day guests get to purchase anyways.

Just purely on price point that won't change much...

When there were 2 ILL rides at each park, we were paying almost $50 every day anyway...$15 G+ and 2 x ILL at roughly $25 plus tax...its almost $50, so the net effect of is very little would change.

If you want to reduce the numbers taking up G+ the only way is to increase the price significantly ...it needs to be $75 with no ILL included...meaning you'll be paying $100 with 2 ILL.

But then it swaying more and more away from what Disney would have wanted...he wouldn't have wanted only the rich to be able to enjoy a day at his parks.

This whole Genie...Genie+...ILL...Resort guest, Non resort guest...really needs to be made simpler. The only way you can do that is by having the same system across the board for resort and non resort guests...no ILL, no Boarding Passes, no virtual queue.

Which means a 100% standby system where the benefit of being a resort guest is 1 hour early entry to the park. It really could be that simple - And obviously increase admission prices by $25 across the board.(we wouldn't want Disney missing out on a money grab would we)

For the average guest visiting Disney for the first time on vacation, the whole system is extremely confusing and time consuming to learn and navigate effectively.

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No

When there were 2 ILL rides at each park, we were paying almost $50 every day anyway...$15 G+ and 2 x ILL at roughly $25 plus tax...its almost $50, so the net effect of is very little would change.

If you want to reduce the numbers taking up G+ the only way is to increase the price significantly ...it needs to be $75 with no ILL included...meaning you'll be paying $100 with 2 ILL.

But then it swaying more and more away from what Disney would have wanted...he wouldn't have wanted only the rich to be able to enjoy a day at his parks.

This whole Genie...Genie+...ILL...Resort guest, Non resort guest...really needs to be made simpler. The only way you can do that is by having the same system across the board for resort and non resort guests...no ILL, no Boarding Passes, no virtual queue.

Which means a 100% standby system where the benefit of being a resort guest is 1 hour early entry to the park. It really could be that simple - And obviously increase admission prices by $25 across the board.

For the average guest visiting Disney for the first time on vacation, the whole system is extremely confusing and time consuming to learn and navigate effectively.
& for arguments sake they do this and less people are using skip the line passes... what do you think the lines would be reduced to now that again for arguments sake less people purchase because its out of their price range or if Disney limits them?

matt9112

What park hopping limitations are there....you can reserve ANY park and then transfer to any other park at 2pm?

Wait is half the day not a limitation in your book? It also likely causes a surge of park hopping in that singular moment....I guess that's easier to staff? I haven't been back since before covid but I do remember going to MK to ride one or two rides at drop than leaving as the stroller mayhem begun.

Its just a silly limitation that serves no purpose unless your concerns lie with disneys bottom line.

msha88

I wonder what the reaction would be if they suspended ILL altogether and raised the price to $25. This would, however, remove any resort benefit to the whole Genie+/Ride skip system.
That would still be less than current Genie+ and some of the ILLs, Genie+ + Rise is $30 ish plus tax isn’t it? I know ILL pricing is variable but we were paying $15 for Rise over Christmas. So that price is definitely not going to deter people I wouldn’t have thought

jinx8402

Which means a 100% standby system where the benefit of being a resort guest is 1 hour early entry to the park. It really could be that simple - And obviously increase admission prices by $25 across the board.(we wouldn't want Disney missing out on a money grab would we)

$50 may be too low, you are correct. I was going based off the current $15 for genie+ and $15 for the single ILL at each park currently. My initial thought was more would balk at the higher initial price. Where as with genie+ and ILL separate you will get crossovers of those who are willing to pay for one but not both.

LittleBuford

Ah...now the rush to purchase this BEFORE grabbing your LL's every day.... The vacation mornings just get more hectic.
That was where I was going with my question. This just seems to make the morning setup process even more unpleasant than it already seems to be.

(Full disclosure: My last trip was in February 2020, so I have no personal experience of Genie+.)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is the DPB post -

"Starting June 8, Disney Genie+ will only be offered for purchase through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit – we will no longer offer the option to purchase this service pre-arrival as a ticket add-on for dates remaining in 2022 and in 2023.

This means that, moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass, multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Disney Genie+ service on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, subject to availability. We’re focused on delivering the best possible guest experience, and this adjustment will help manage the incredibly strong demand our guests have shown for Disney Genie+.

We expect that, on average, guests who purchase Disney Genie+ service will continue to enter 2-3 attractions or experiences each day using the Lightning Lane entrance when the first selection is made early in the day.

If you already purchased a ticket that includes Disney Genie+ service for dates later in 2022, don’t worry – you’ll be able to use the service during your visit. Please also note this update is also only happening at Walt Disney World Resort and will not affect guests at Disneyland Resort, as the services vary at each destination."

kalel8145

🤔🤔Looks like i'll need to up the coffee in take. I'm up at 5am anyway, so I'll stretch my refresh finger for a couple hours.
1 2 3 4 5 Hand GIF by Yeremia Adicipta

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom