Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

pdude81

This helps resolve some of the issues with mixed media for a group trying to deal with G+. Since you need to be up to get the passes anyway, you may as well just buy it on the day of.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
That was where I was going with my question. This just seems to make the morning setup process even more unpleasant than it already seems to be.

(Full disclosure: My last trip was in February 2020, so I have no personal experience of Genie+.)
We've used it for 2 trips now and purchased it every morning before 7am and my husband had no problems getting us ILL's or LL's for Genie+.
However, I found that I couldn't make LL's for Genie+ unless I logged out and logged back in. The system couldn't find he purchased Genie+ for me.

Edit: I just added Genie+ to my tickets for our next trip in October.

LittleBuford

We expect that, on average, guests who purchase Disney Genie+ service will continue to enter 2-3 attractions or experiences each day using the Lightning Lane entrance when the first selection is made early in the day.
Given that they’re reiterating this language, it seems there are no (immediate) plans to fix the system. What a shoddy downgrade from FP+.

DisneyDreamer08

I was solo in January 2022 and didn’t pre-purchase Genie+ for my length of stay. Some days I used it, some days I didn’t, some days I purchased just ILL. Our next family trip is in March 2023 and I actually was going to pre-purchase it for the 4 of us. I know with my kids we will 100% use it every day. So it just seemed easier to roll into ticket prices and have it all paid before arriving. Seems like an odd move.

LittleBuford

We've used it for 2 trips now and purchased it every morning before 7am and my husband had no problems getting us ILL's or LL's for Genie+.
However, I found that I couldn't make LL's for Genie+ unless I logged out and logged back in. The system couldn't find he purchased Genie+ for me.

Edit: I just added Genie+ to my tickets for our next trip in October.
I’m glad you had a good experience overall. How many were you able to get each day on average?

Chi84

Premium Member
Will this actually help alleviate the system’s shortcomings?
I think it will alleviate the lines of people at guest services asking for multi-day refunds after their first day's experience with Genie+. This system is not for everyone. Requiring people to buy it one day at a time will give guests a better chance of realizing this and will result in less disappointment overall.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was solo in January 2022 and didn’t pre-purchase Genie+ for my length of stay. Some days I used it, some days I didn’t, some days I purchased just ILL. Our next family trip is in March 2023 and I actually was going to pre-purchase it for the 4 of us. I know with my kids we will 100% use it every day. So it just seemed easier to roll into ticket prices and have it all paid before arriving. Seems like an odd move.
Now you’ll pay more that day…and if you get locked out…you’ll pay more off an “after hours” to avoid the crowd thar after hours implied “isn’t there”…

See how it works?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Just noting that Disney had said previously Genie+ as a ticket add on would not sell out, however Disney updated the Genie+ site today and it now says "subject to availability".

"Purchase on the date of visit, one day at a time, via the complimentary Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience mobile app, subject to availability."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think it will alleviate the lines of people at guest services asking for multi-day refunds after their first day's experience with Genie+. This system is not for everyone. Requiring people to buy it one day at a time will give guests a better chance of realizing this and will result in less disappointment overall.
Lol…so “good management” in your view?

And to be clear…I don’t necessarily disagree with you take…but it’s so indicative of the feedback/echo chamber we all love In

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
Lol…so “good management” in your view?

And to be clear…I don’t necessarily agree with you take…but it’s so indicative of the feedback/echo chamber we all love In
No, nothing about this system is good management. It's so bad we're trying our first cruise next year instead of going back to the parks. My opinion is that everything surrounding Genie+ is about damage control at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom