Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

rawisericho

No Issue for Disney. It would be a PR win. Disney listens to it's public, considerate of its patrons and concerned about its guests. Due to public demand Genie will not be implemented. This is an opportunity for Disney to be the good guy. Too many documented sources of discontent w Genie for any of your attempts to invalidate the data.
I hope that's the reality but I don't think it will be.

Wasn't MM+ all leading to this? Isn't this the result of a decade or so of data collection?

DCLcruiser

No Issue for Disney. It would be a PR win. Disney listens to it's public, considerate of its patrons and concerned about its guests. Due to public demand Genie will not be implemented. This is an opportunity for Disney to be the good guy. Too many documented sources of discontent w Genie for any of your attempts to invalidate the data.
Anything is possible.

rkleinlein

Is it possible that after purchasing a lightning pass for everyone in my family, there might be no availability for the attractions that we actually want? My guess is yes, that would be possible. E.g. we buy it hoping to ride Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise but can only get passes for Barnstormer and Mad Tea Party.

With current fast pass, you at least know what you're getting. With other amusement park express passes (Universal, Kings Island, etc.) you know what you're getting. With this, nobody is sure of anything--not attractions, not times, and not number of passes that you'll be able to get per day. Isn't this paying for hopes and possibilities that are purely subject to availability and might not materialize? Am I missing something?

I guess I don't see how this is an improvement over the current system. I realize this is about money and not enhancing guest experience, but why not just start charging $15 a day for the current fastpass system?

Disstevefan1

I was thinking about this. Disney announces Genie, Disney examines the reaction, makes adjustments accordingly and launches Genie with appropriate changes.

Casper Gutman

Guys, Genie+ IS WDW now. It is their focus. It will drive every decision they make. They will make sure it is indispensable for guests. It will only expand over time. MM+, Magic Bands - this is what all that has been building up to. It’s the culmination of the corporate philosophy that has driven WDW for well over a decade. The idea that only some guests will use it, that it will improve the experience for guests who don’t use it, that WDW won’t push it on every visitor, is almost delusional.

If Genie+ fails, it’s a corporate disaster. It takes every top DL and WDW exec with it, and quite possibly Chapek as well.

There really is a lot of coping going on in this thread. Genie+ is Disney.

matt9112

Is it possible that after purchasing a lightning pass for everyone in my family, there might be no availability for the attractions that we actually want? My guess is yes, that would be possible. E.g. we buy it hoping to ride Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise but can only get passes for Barnstormer and Mad Tea Party.

With current fast pass, you at least know what you're getting. With other amusement park express passes (Universal, Kings Island, etc.) you know what you're getting. With this, nobody is sure of anything--not attractions, not times, and not number of passes that you'll be able to get per day. Isn't this paying for hopes and possibilities that are purely subject to availability and might not materialize? Am I missing something?

I guess I don't see how this is an improvement over the current system. I realize this is about money and not enhancing guest experience, but why not just start charging $15 a day for the current fastpass system?

Just a guess but i imagine that would come across too blatantly as charging for something that used to be free. This comes across as something new as a replacement for fastpass that happens to cost money.

Its all perception.

DCLcruiser

I can see this if you went into the parks late in the day, or on an incredibly popular day. That being said, would you often arrive in the afternoon? This is just like old paper FP. The good paper passes might be sold out.

Again, the $15 increase was going to happen no matter what. Now, you can get to choose if you pay it.

Disstevefan1

Guys, Genie+ IS WDW now. It is their focus. It will drive every decision they make. They will make sure it is indispensable for guests. It will only expand over time. MM+, Magic Bands - this is what all that has been building up to. It’s the culmination of the corporate philosophy that has driven WDW for well over a decade. The idea that only some guests will use it, that it will improve the experience for guests who don’t use it, that WDW won’t push it on every visitor, is almost delusional.

If Genie+ fails, it’s a corporate disaster. It takes every top DL and WDW exec with it, and quite possibly Chapek as well.

There really is a lot of coping going on in this thread. Genie+ is Disney.
TWDC survived COVID. TWDC will survive even if Genie fails. TWDC is invincible..

I wonder if Genie+ will increase the amount of rides people try to ride in one day. We'd often just do our three FPs, or maybe even miss a FP, when we were just having a leisurely day (e.g., arrive mid-morning after having brunch, do a ride, see a show/parade). Because the FP were included (and we didn't see the cost), we didn't stress about fitting in a certain number or missing one.

On days you buy Genie+ it seems like most people will want to try to get in as many rides as possible. Especially if you just bought it that morning or the night before. When you pre-pay for stuff long before the vacation starts, you might forget how much you paid by the time you use it haha. But in this case, most people will have just purchased it.

Waters Back Side

Even if we do not have all the answers now, we will by the time it actually goes live and especially shortly after. Ill be there perhaps the busiest week of the year (New Years week) and its a concern but Im hoping I just get at least one good ride when I book it early for mid dayish. IN a perfect scenario I get all the rides I wanted for the day or close to it. Its like MaxPass at DL. Otherwise they are forcing you to pay and show up early. And real quickly people will expose how bad the new system is for people who like to go in late and further prove in broad daylight that they lied about Genie's capabilities.

Joel

Even if we do not have all the answers now, we will by the time it actually goes live and especially shortly after. Ill be there perhaps the busiest week of the year (New Years week) and its a concern but Im hoping I just get at least one good ride when I book it early for mid dayish.

Now there's a killer slogan: "Disney Genie+: Hoping to get at least one good ride!"

Chip Chipperson

I think the answer to your last question is that if they kept the old system (which I prefer) and added a charge for it, then they couldn't herald the change as them "listening to guest feedback."

Waters Back Side

I mean it was mentioned with MaxPass if you go to look for a ride you want and it's only available late in the day you can choose it and still 90 minites later pick another. So if you want Big Thunder and at 8am you go to book it for a time slot and that's for 6pm, then at 9:30 (90 minutes later you could book another). So maybe at 9:30 you can go book another ride and keep reserving them for later in the day. Because its one rkde at a time so after you use your first pass or you wait 90 minutes. But who knows if Genie + will actually work this way.

BPB101

As each guest can only book one ride at a time, worst case scenario is that most book the same ride first. I don't know the numbers, but could that result in one ride being fully booked all day? If not it becomes more of an issue of when you manage to book a slot, not if..... or am I being naively optimistic??

Jrb1979

I mean it was mentioned with MaxPass if you go to look for a ride you want and it's only available late in the day you can choose it and still 90 minites later pick another. So if you want Big Thunder and at 8am you go to book it for a time slot and that's for 6pm, then at 9:30 (90 minutes later you could book another). So maybe at 9:30 you can go book another ride and keep reserving them for later in the day. Because its one rkde at a time so after you use your first pass or you wait 90 minutes. But who knows if Genie + will actually work this way.
I doubt it will work that way. Otherwise people will be able to have multiple rides at a time booked. I'm not so sure you will see times that late in the day at 8am.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom