Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
Ok so it sounds like she was misinformed. I think it might be because her prebooks weren't allowed to overlap she assumed none of the LLMP could be overlapped throughout the day.

I still pity the first time WDW visitor that pre-books a 9am mission space, 9:40am RAT, and a 10:20am Guardians SPLL
Not sure what the problem is with those times, except they missed their 3rd one.

As soon as they tap into MS they could try and look for FEA. If it wasn’t available they could book anything that was and look to modify it. And again with Rat. Soarin would still be available, LwtL, SE and Nemo.

Purduevian

Not sure what the problem is with those times, except they missed their 3rd one.

As soon as they tap into MS they could try and look for FEA. If it wasn’t available they could book anything that was and look to modify it. And again with Rat. Soarin would still be available, LwtL, SE and Nemo.
It was meant to kind of be a joke because Mission space to RAT is about .7 miles and back to guardians is another .7 miles. Just would be a ton of walking in about 2 hours 20 mins on a hot day.

Epcot81Fan

Both systems required you to pay. One of the major difference between Genie+ and this system is the pre-booking. So someone saying they feel relieved to have the 3 reservations in hand at the start of the day is a comparison to Genie+ and has nothing to do with the cost which is mostly the same. I doubt anyone is saying I prefer this system where I pay and get 3 advance reservations to the free FP+ service from 2019. Of course we’d rather pay less or nothing. What theme park exists these days that has a free line skip system? Is Universal laughing in our faces too when they charge for Express Pass?
Must have missed where Universal's (significantly different, but you know that) Express Pass was previously free for all.

Hey, if you enjoy paying for what was once free, knock yourself out. Disney will gladly accept your money.

As the old saying goes, "If you pay, don't complain"....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Must have missed where Universal's (significantly different, but you know that) Express Pass was previously free for all.

Hey, if you enjoy paying for what was once free, knock yourself out. Disney will gladly accept your money.

As the old saying goes, "If you pay, don't complain"....
The person you quoted was comparing Genie+ to this new system. Both required payment that was very similar. The last 100+ pages of this thread was about the new system and how it’s different from Genie+ and how it works. If you go back to 2021 there was plenty of griping about having to pay compared to the previous version (FP+) which was free. It’s a different conversation.

I am going to pay because I want to use the system. It’s not free. There is no free option. Whether it was once free is not really relevant to that decision. I am not complaining about paying so I guess I’m following the saying:). That ship sailed about 3 years ago and it’s not coming back. There is still an option to not pay and to not use the system and just use standby lines. A valid choice that more than half of park guests appear to be making most times of year. At least that’s an option still. The significant price increases for park tickets can only be avoided by not going :(

Express Pass is of course a far superior system for the small fraction who actually get to use it and it costs far more as well unless you get it for free with your resort stay. It was never free, but that’s kinda the point. Both Disney and Universal’s systems are pay to play now so either pay or use standby.

Epcot81Fan

Both Disney and Universal’s systems are pay to play now so either pay or use standby.
And if you buy the product, you are telling them you support their product/strategy and want more of it. Purchases are the only metric management understands and cares about.

Feel free to buy any product you want, just do not pretend that very purchase is not part of the problem.

It is not a complicated concept.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And if you buy the product, you are telling them you support their product/strategy and want more of it. Purchases are the only metric management understands and cares about.

Feel free to buy any product you want, just do not pretend that very purchase is not part of the problem.

I‘m not pretending anything. I just really don’t care. I’m going on vacation with my family to have a good time. If I decide a front of the line system provides enough benefit that it‘s worth the price I’ll buy it. If not I won’t. No different than a meal at a restaurant, a hotel room, a fireworks package or a hard ticket event. All have costs and all have benefits. At no point does being part of a problem factor into my decision whether or not to buy. I’m not in it for a cause, just to have fun :)

Chi84

Premium Member

No one is pretending or misunderstanding. There is a guy who goes all the time, buys the line skips and constantly complains, but he’s not posting here.

Purduevian

I mean... FP was never developed as a purely guest satisfaction tool. The whole point of it was to get people to spend more money on food/merch.

Then FP+ came along with the goal of selling more resort stays
Then G+ came along with the goal of selling skip the line
Now LLMP has come along with the goal of selling skip the line AND selling more resort stays

The goal has always been to extract more money from the guest... it's just more overt now than it was with FP and FP+.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think we can agree WDW price increases always outpaced inflation for decades.
If your “always“ starts in the mid 80s or early 90s then I agree. When Eisner took over one of his first observations was how little the price increases had been. He fixed that quickly. Right around when EPCOT opened we saw the first major price jump and then the prices seemed to double every 10-15 years after that. At least back in the 90s the multi-day tickets never expired, included park hopping, water parks and Pleasure Island and were the same price all year no matter what the crowd size.

Squishy

My lightning lane booking window opens today at 7am and just looking at this for the first time, it looks like a even bigger ripoff than genie+. With genie+ I would be able to select multiple tier 1 attractions and have them stack up hour by hour late in the evening till park close now I can only select 1 for the same price unless I go in the morning hours to redeem one and book another before availability goes away...

DisneyDreamer08

My lightning lane booking window opens today at 7am and just looking at this for the first time, it looks like an even bigger ripoff than genie+. With genie+ I would be able to select multiple tier 1 attractions and have them stack up hour by hour late in the evening till park close now I can only select 1 for the same price unless I go in the morning hours to redeem one and book another before availability goes away...
With Genie, it would take several hours to get multiple tier ones because of the 120 minute rule. Yes, with this system you can only book one at a time but as soon as you use your first LL, even if it is a tier 2, you can immediately book another tier one. So just like Genie, you potentially can book several tier ones over the course of a few hours.
This new system is essentially the same as the old FP+ except you can always have 3 LLs. I think it’s a better system 🤷🏻‍♀️
I can book mine tomorrow so we’ll see how it goes.

TheMaxRebo

My lightning lane booking window opens today at 7am and just looking at this for the first time, it looks like a even bigger ripoff than genie+. With genie+ I would be able to select multiple tier 1 attractions and have them stack up hour by hour late in the evening till park close now I can only select 1 for the same price unless I go in the morning hours to redeem one and book another before availability goes away...

"Stacking" as was done with G+ is gone, there is no 120min rule etc, but you can book 3 ahead of time and set 2 of them from the evening (can set the specific times you want) and then have one earlier and scan in to that one and then book your 4th, etc.

Or just book all 3 for paternity you really aren't getting to the parks until later and see what they have left. And most parks have at least some "top" attractions in tier 2

But yes, if all you care about are the attractions in tier 1 and you want to arrive late then this system is a negative for you vs G+ - definitely favors people who can get their early to scan in to their first one (but can then take mid day break, etc)

doctornick

People who liked to stack later in the day and wanted to arrive late are definitely hurt by LLMP. It really doesn't not support that sort of touring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom