Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

C33Mom

See below:

3 Days in Advance for All Other Guests

Not staying at a Disney Resort hotel or other select hotel? Then you can purchase Lightning Lane passes—and choose experiences and arrival windows—3 days in advance. See additional details below, which vary based on admission type:
  • Guests with date-based theme park tickets (which require the Guest to choose a start date at the time of purchase) can purchase 3 days before the first day of their ticket, for the total number of valid admission days on their ticket.
  • Guests with other ticket types can purchase 3 days before their park visit.
  • Annual Passholders can purchase 3 days before their park visit.

I guess they intentionally decided to put people who take long trips offsite ahead of those of us who stay at Deluxe properties on site for 4-7 days. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me since the last few days of long tickets are practically free, but I agree with the way you read it.

SingleRider

I guess they intentionally decided to put people who take long trips offsite ahead of those of us who stay at Deluxe properties on site for 4-7 days. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me since the last few days of long tickets are practically free, but I agree with the way you read it.
I think this will get people to buy tickets that start earlier but still cover their trip. For example a 4 day ticket can be used over 7 days. If you planned to go to the parks on August 14-17 you could set the start date on your ticket to August 11 instead of August 14 and start making selections on August 8 instead of August 11.

C33Mom

I think this will get people to buy tickets that start earlier but still cover their trip. For example a 4 day ticket can be used over 7 days. If you planned to go to the parks on August 14-17 you could set the start date on your ticket to August 11 instead of August 14 and start making selections on August 8 instead of August 11.
Yes, I agree— I’m not certain that specific plan would work but it certainly seems like it could from the writing. I also think it might encourage people to buy a 10 day ticket instead of an 8 day ticket during the busiest times.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I believe the date based tickets have to be used with 14 days of the start date so in theory you would be able to buy a 4 day ticket with an August 4th start date and not use it until August 14-17. If that’s the case and because you can book reservations for up to 14 days it seems like you might then be able to make reservations on August 1st for August 14-17. Seems like a loophole people will exploit. I’m surprised they didn’t make it 3 days prior to your first park day instead of first day of park ticket.

SingleRider

I believe the date based tickets have to be used with 14 days of the start date so in theory you would be able to buy a 4 day ticket with an August 4th start date and not use it until August 14-17. If that’s the case and because you can book reservations for up to 14 days it seems like you might then be able to make reservations on August 1st for August 14-17. Seems like a loophole people will exploit. I’m surprised they didn’t make it 3 days prior to your first park day instead of first day of park ticket.
The window for date based tickets is smaller. I think a 2 day ticket has to be used within a span of 3 days.

JAB

That wouldn't happen because off-property guests only have a 14 day window if they have 14-day tickets.

Off-property guests with date based tickets can only book the number of days they have tickets for, starting from the start date of their tickets, so on Aug. 1, someone with a 4-day ticket that starts Aug. 4th would only be able to book LL for Aug. 4th through Aug. 7th.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The window for date based tickets is smaller. I think a 2 day ticket has to be used within a span of 3 days.
Yeah that sounds right. So the most extreme example is a 14 day window for a 10 day park ticket so the best you can do is start your ticket 4 days early so in the above example a trip using a 10 day ticket from August 8th to August 17th you could start your ticket August 4th but not use the first of 10 park days until August 8th. So the question is if you can book reservations for the length of your park ticket for up to 14 days and you can book 3 days in advance of the start of the ticket then couldn’t you book reservations for August 8 - August 17 as early as August 1st with that ticket?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That wouldn't happen because off-property guests only have a 14 day window if they have 14-day tickets.

Off-property guests with date based tickets can only book the number of days they have tickets for, starting from the start date of their tickets, so on Aug. 1, someone with a 4-day ticket that starts Aug. 4th would only be able to book LL for Aug. 4th through Aug. 7th.
Yes, you can only book reservations for the number of days you have tickets for, but I assume the days don’t have to be consecutive days or start the first day of the ticket. So if I have a 10 day park ticket that’s good for 14 days from whatever the first date is I should be able to book any 10 days within that 14 day window.

JAB

Yes, you can only book reservations for the number of days you have tickets for, but I assume the days don’t have to be consecutive days or start the first day of the ticket. So if I have a 10 day park ticket that’s good for 14 days from whatever the first date is I should be able to book any 10 days within that 14 day window.
That's a big assumption.

nickys

Premium Member
Also can any clarify this....
Guests staying at an on-site Walt Disney World Resort hotel and other select hotels will be able to plan Lightning Lane passes up to 7 days in advance, for their entire stay (up to 14 days). Off-site guests can plan up to 3 days in advance.

Can off site guests in the 3 day window plan for their entire stay (as in the start of their 14 day ticket)
I believe they can book for the length of their ticket.

Supertech65

Yeah that sounds right. So the most extreme example is a 14 day window for a 10 day park ticket so the best you can do is start your ticket 4 days early so in the above example a trip using a 10 day ticket from August 8th to August 17th you could start your ticket August 4th but not use the first of 10 park days until August 8th. So the question is if you can book reservations for the length of your park ticket for up to 14 days and you can book 3 days in advance of the start of the ticket then couldn’t you book reservations for August 8 - August 17 as early as August 1st with that ticket?
This is exactly my situation. I bought 14 day tickets for my trip this November back in Dec 2023. I'm staying onsite between three resorts starting Nov 7th for 10 days but flying down a few days earlier to visit family offsite but going to the parks starting November 3rd. I had this all planned way before the start of this change and I'm a bit confused on when I can start booking LLMP. I'm assuming it will be three day before Nov 3rd (so Oct 31st?) but will it cover my full, 14 day ticket. Not sure if my onsite resorts would some how screw that up.

Cariad

I priced up going to Japan next May and going to Osaka to US there for three days and four nights, Tokyo Disneyland for four days and five nights then five nights in Tokyo and the flights, hotels and the bullet train compare very favourably with going to WDW staying at Pop. I do have a trip to WDW booked for next May, but it's currently a plan B if Japan doesn't pan out. Losing £50 deposit, well meh.

nickys

Premium Member
This is exactly my situation. I bought 14 day tickets for my trip this November back in Dec 2023. I'm staying onsite between three resorts starting Nov 7th for 10 days but flying down a few days earlier to visit family offsite but going to the parks starting November 3rd. I had this all planned way before the start of this change and I'm a bit confused on when I can start booking LLMP. I'm assuming it will be three day before Nov 3rd (so Oct 31st?) but will it cover my full, 14 day ticket. Not sure if my onsite resorts would some how screw that up.
Since you’re not staying onsite at the date that your ticket starts, you can book 3 days before the start date. So Oct 31st.
And you can book for as many days on your tickets. If you have a 14 day ticket you can book for 14 days.

The only part that doesn’t seem to have been answered is if those 14 days can be for any 14 days within the validity period (which is 18 days).

I suspect if you want to use the ticket beyond day 14 that it’ll use the rolling day system that FP+ did for days 15-18.

bwr827

This is exactly my situation. I bought 14 day tickets for my trip this November back in Dec 2023. I'm staying onsite between three resorts
…Not sure if my onsite resorts would some how screw that up.
We don’t know for sure yet, but many are assuming it will work like advance dining reservations. Which would mean each of your three resort stays would have separate advance booking times.

bwr827

Except what has been stated is that you can book for the number of days on your ticket. It does not use the term “length of stay” anywhere.
I hope you’re right — it doesn’t seem fair to ‘punish’ those who want to try more than one resort during their stay.

mysto

Except what has been stated is that you can book for the number of days on your ticket. It does not use the term “length of stay” anywhere.
In the WdwMagic piece the paragraph describing 7 days in advance says for the length of their stay. The 3 days in advance paragraph says "for the total number of admission days on their ticket.

So a 14 day offsite guest can book 8 days earlier than a 2 day onsite guest. I think. When their windows end on the same day.

I guess they intentionally decided to put people who take long trips offsite ahead of those of us who stay at Deluxe properties on site for 4-7 days.
I think so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom