Disney Forbidding Distribution of Film That Criticizes Bush

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney = Corporate Censorship

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
His...er...your majesty has been consulted...and after a thorough investigation...I do hereby declare that Jer has just stepped up into cokingasshatdom...and...I am honored to serve alongside such a person :lookaroun

:king: :king:

Am I serious?

FO SHIZZLE!

YAY FOR JER!!! :sohappy:

(Is there any way steve can change the smiley's command from : sohappy : to... :YAY: ???)

*puts on his crown and Royal robe* :king: :sohappy:

(Is it ok that I am not wearing anything under my robe?) :lookaroun

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney = Corporate Censorship

Originally posted by DMC-12
*puts on his crown and Royal robe* :king: :sohappy:

(Is it ok that I am not wearing anything under my robe?) :lookaroun

WHO DOES?

(Other than the obvious...someone's head near your crack)

Blair

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Disney = Corporate Censorship

Originally posted by MouseRight
That is about 10% will be far left and 10% will be far right with the rest distributed in between with the majority of Amercian saying they are middle of the road.
This is very true.

Personally I feel like many Americans are actually libertarians who get suckered into party lines. They like the liberal stance on social issues and the republican stance on economic issues, but end up getting dragged into a party camp.

I sorta hate this combo system of only two sides to choose over thousands of issues where you have to pick a side and keep supporting their entire agenda, not just the issues you prefer. That's why partisans (like Moore) bother me.

wdwmaniac

Disney to Sell 'Fahrenheit 9/11' to Weinsteins
May 12, 2004: 16:39 p.m. EST

-
LOS ANGELES -- Walt Disney Co. (DIS) will sell the controversial Michael Moore documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" back to Harvey and Bob Weinstein, co-chairmen of Disney's Miramax unit. The Weinsteins will seek distribution of the film.

Miramax last year financed the bulk of the $6 million movie. But Disney quickly said they wouldn't allow the film to be released by the company, and Miramax never set a release date for it.

The movie is an examination of the U.S. after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, with an eye toward possible connections between the families of President Bush and al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

Mr. Moore and his agent last week publicly blasted Disney for the decision, with Mr. Moore accusing the entertainment giant of censorship. Disney replied the decision was made more than a year ago, and Mr. Moore and his backers had more than enough time to line up other distribution.

Miramax issued a statement saying it was pleased that Disney had agreed to sell the movie to the Weinsteins. Disney and Miramax did a similar deal a few years ago with the film "Dogma," a religious satire Disney didn't want to release.

No distributor has yet been lined up for "Fahrenheit 9/11."

Dow Jones Newswires 05-12-04 1639ET Copyright (C) 2004 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom