Disney Florist...

nikkie876

Holy Moly!! :lookaroun I was just looking through their website because I really wanted to have something special in our room for my husband and kids. I expect to pay more at Disney for some items but their prices were a little higher than I would expect. Has anyone ever ordered anything from them, is it worth it?

tjkref418

I agree it is very expensive (read: overpriced) and the arrangements, while well done and by no mean "skimpy" are about what you would expect from any florist.

I guess it depends on the amount you value on the convenience and "magic" of having something special delivered to your resort hotel.

Personally, it was perfect for a very special occasion...but would certainly not make a habit of it.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

I sent a friend's little boy (5) the pirate hat package. He loved it. It was his very first trip to WDW. His daddy has cancer and it had been a long year for them all. I wanted to make their trip even more magical. I do agree that the prices are high. It's not something I will send to everyone but it's nice for a special reason.

Upvote 0

justdru

We've used them many times. We usually send a Tote bag with Disney goodies and everyone has always been very pleased with the offerings. We received the Disney Welcome package from a travel agent one trip.
The bag is listed under Unique Designs :

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/waltdisneyworldflorist-disney-family-treats-tote-1/display

That actually isn't that bad. I could imagine you couldn't order all of those items and have them delivered for any cheaper through Green Grocer and the others. That's one of the more useful and affordable items I've seen from them.

I don't know about you guys... but this flower arrangement doesn't seem that special and at $109.00 Disney Florist is making a fortune! I'm sure there are many options in and around the Orlando area just as nice and much more affordable.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

My husband had delivered the package that included the glass slipper & tiara on the flower pillow. I was so surprised & excited about it. It was quite expensive, but it was our honeymoon so I think he decided it was worth it. I agree if you're going to get one of the really expensive things, that it's worth it for a special occasion. Some of the items aren't as bad though, and those I would consider doing on any trip.

It's just really magical to come back to your room to a surprise. You could also consider having a cake sent to your room. You can pick cakes of different sizes from the cake hotline to fit your budget. We did that once too, and it's also really nice. :)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

That actually isn't that bad. I could imagine you couldn't order all of those items and have them delivered for any cheaper through Green Grocer and the others. That's one of the more useful and affordable items I've seen from them.

I don't know about you guys... but this flower arrangement doesn't seem that special and at $109.00 Disney Florist is making a fortune!
I'm sure there are many options in and around the Orlando area just as nice and much more affordable.

I personally wouldn't send flowers at WDW as I don't think you would be in the room long enough to appreciate them (and maybe leave before they died :lookaroun ). I would rather spend the money on a nice souvenir :shrug:

We like the tote bag because it's useful. They have a nice small soft sided cooler as well that is always welcome.

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/waltdisneyworldflorist-mickeys-kool-snack-1/display

Upvote 0

Spinky

Last year I sent my fiance a few things during our trip I sent him the welcome to the world flower arrangement with the mouse ears and they personalised them for him he loved that and I sent him the chocolate and wine basket I agree they are a little steep but to see his face was enough for me.

although I have seen they want nearly $400 for a christmas tree and youd want one made out fo gold for that price. :eek:

Upvote 0
My husband and I have ordered a bunch of stuff from Disney Florist and we have never been unhappy. I did the in room celebration for our Honeymoon as a suprise to my husband and he loved it!!! Also got him a special basket at that time with Peter Pan stuff in a treasure chest. I think Disney has the best arrangements, the flowers are always fresh and so beautiful too. I think its well worth it. The cakes are great too, I haven't had one delievered I didn't like. :) Lucille

Upvote 0

BeanSz

I usually surprise the family with one of the goodie treat bags or baskets. Usually address it to the kids, with note that his Disney friends are excited to see him. I have it delivered to the room --- one trip they had it at the front desk at check in, one trip they delivered it right after checking into the room, and the last trip, it was in the room the waiting for us. Kids love it -- and it provides us some grab and go snacks throughout our week. I think my wife just figured out after this last trip that it was me sending them. Up to this point, I think she just thought it was Disney going above and beyond. We had some fun with it. I would say, Disney Florist does a nice job --

Upvote 0

Spinky

My husband and I have ordered a bunch of stuff from Disney Florist and we have never been unhappy. I did the in room celebration for our Honeymoon as a suprise to my husband and he loved it!!!

Hope you dont mind what did they dofor the in room celibration I cant see to much details about it on the site?

Upvote 0

tink68

I used them last Oct for some Halloween presents for my kids. They messed order up and did not deliver when they were supposed to. It was a big mess, however when they got it straight the items were great and once we got home they called and gave me half of my money back. I would use them again. They have some really cute stuff.

Upvote 0

nikkie876

Original Poster
For those that have used their services....do the do the Mickey 'footprints' for only the in room celebrations? I was thinking of getting the Halloween pumpkin for my kids and I thought it would be so cool to have the footprints.

Upvote 0
I'm treating myself to a floral present for our upcoming trip. I have some "found money" from a game show.
I've always wanted to have fresh flowers in my room and checked the prices of arrangements. They are really high.

There are several florists in the area that deliver to WDW and I plan to use one of those.

Anybody else use an outside florist?

Upvote 0

lives4disney

I agree wdw florist is expensive. They do BEAUTIFUL work though. I am always impressed with anything that they've done.

Our last trip we received the in room celebration as a surprise..it was FANTASTIC. :D We also ordered the Xmas tree years past & I gagged at the price...but it was just gorgeous and worth it.

We've used memories by Besty on many occasions. She does very nice baskets etc...more personalized and reasonably priced IMO.

Lives4Disney:)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Holy Moly!! :lookaroun I was just looking through their website because I really wanted to have something special in our room for my husband and kids. I expect to pay more at Disney for some items but their prices were a little higher than I would expect. Has anyone ever ordered anything from them, is it worth it?

Yes they are pricey but not all of them. We have ordered three times from the Florist. The first was like $100 bucks for two glasses, champagne, and some fruit and crackers in a plastic bowl. This was for our honeymoon. Totally not worth it in my opinion! The 2nd time we ordered - We got the stockings - with our names and FULL of goodies - TOTALLY WORTH IT! And then 3rd time - this last time - We got the Grand Welcome for my DH for his bday - again, totally worth it!!!!! It was awesome!!

IMO - you just have to individually price out what you are thinking of getting and see if it is worth it. I think the flowers and "fruit/food" baskets are pricey for what you get. But the more specialized things - I think they are worth it. :wave:

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Dh ordered flowers in a special vase for our anniversary a few years ago. The vase was beautiful! We still have it and use it often. It's got Mickey through the years on it. While it was expensive to order from there, it was totally worth it. The arrangement lasted our entire trip and was gorgeous! Very fresh! If we were celebrating something special again, I wouldn't hesitate to order something from WDW Florist. I think ordering from Disney makes it a little more special and would be a little fresher than maybe ordering off site. I think they'd want to make you really happy and if you had any problems would try to make it right right away.

Upvote 0

disfan411

I looked at the site and I think it would be really cool to order something from them. The price might be much but if its a special time then why not.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom