Disney file patent application for true "flight simulator" vehicle

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So any idea what they were working on it for?Was it just an early prototype for Flight of Passage?

A few seconds earlier in the video is this picture of the same vehicle which has some light theming to it. Fake rocket engines and a ramp in front of it. This might provide a hint about what it was for.

thequeuelinelectures

A few seconds earlier in the video is this picture of the same vehicle which has some light theming to it. Fake rocket engines and a ramp in front of it. This might provide a hint about what it was for.

View attachment 396457
Ramps are a touchy subject around these parts in the wake of Smugglers Run

Hmm maybe I’m stupid but I’m not putting together what it could be. I mean it could be Star Wars related (though Disney wouldn’t have even owned SW at this point) so maybe it’s just a generic new Tomorrowland experience?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ramps are a touchy subject around these parts in the wake of Smugglers Run

Hmm maybe I’m stupid but I’m not putting together what it could be. I mean it could be Star Wars related (though Disney wouldn’t have even owned SW at this point) so maybe it’s just a generic new Tomorrowland experience?

It looks like the "story" is that you are in some sort of rocket powered flying contraption which shoots you up a ramp into the air. It's possible that this was designed just to show of the potential to management without an actual plan for where it was going to be used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom