Disney Fanatic from SouthCoast Mass

Brock615

Original Poster
Hi, my name is Brock & I'm a 29-year-old Disney Fanatic from Southeastern Massachusetts who can't wait for my next trip to Walt Disney World (June or August 2008).

I've been a diehard Disney fan since at least my first visit to the World that Walt Built back in October 1984 when I was 6-years-old. Since then I've become virtually obsessed with my two favorite characters: Figment & Mickey Mouse!!! My only regret is that I'm not old enough to have been able to meet Mr. Disney (instead, I devour his biographies). I enjoy all the Disney animated films but my first love is Walt Disney World (although I adored my pilgrimage to Disneyland).

I've been to WDW 7 times (1984, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, & 2005). I've also gone to Disneyland once (2006) & aboard 2 Disney Cruises (2002 - Disney Wonder & 2004 - Disney Magic).

I've been an avid reader of this website for many, many years & I think that I very briefly had been a poster quite early on but for whatever reason - including email address changes - I haven't posted in ages. Maybe I'll have to change that and join in on all the fun. I subscribe to several Disney-related YahooGroups and I'm on most/all the major chat programs so please feel free to say hi sometime!

dandaman

Welcome to our humble abode; there's none better. :wave:

Disneyland is something I really want to do within the next ten years. :D

Brock615

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming. For those of you who are also in Southeastern Mass I'm more specifically from Dartmouth. It's great to see some locals as well as fellow Disney fans from across the net!

disneypearl

Welcome to the forums Brock! :wave:
Have you read An American Original Walt Disney by Bob Thomas? You said you enjoy reading about Walt. I do too! This is an excellent book if you haven't read it already.

Willful

Welcome! :wave:

Good to see that you've stepped out of your lurker status and joined the fun here! You sound as much a WDW-aholic as us. We went in 2001 and were immediately taken with the magic of WDW. We couldn't go in 2002 because of my job. But then ever since 2003, we've been every year...even multiple times a year! Well, especially since joining the DVC. Best purchase for a Dis-aholic. :sohappy:

Someday we hope to get to Disneyland. Maybe next March. We're going to Hawaii for the in-law's wedding anniversary. So maybe a stop in Anaheim before we head over to the big island? :D

Brock615

Original Poster
Welcome to the forums Brock! :wave:
Have you read An American Original Walt Disney by Bob Thomas? You said you enjoy reading about Walt. I do too! This is an excellent book if you haven't read it already.
Thanks everyone for saying "Hi!" :) Yes, I did read that biography & it's certainly a great one. I've also read several others. Although, admittedly while I own them I have yet to get to read either "Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination" by Neal Gabler or "The Animated Man: A Life of Walt Disney" by Michael Barrier.

As far as Disneyland goes...I hesitated awhile on going since well, it is smaller than Walt Disney World and I aso love Epcot, Animal Kingdom, & Disney-MGM Studios (actually, in that order - FYI). Since it was still the 50th Anniversary Celebration I decided that it was simply time to go! However, I not only enjoyed Disney's California Adventure but going to THE ORIGINAL was certainly awesome. It was sort of like making a pilgrimage. To use a bad analogy, if going to WDW is getting to experience the power & the glory that is Rome going to DL is like visiting Jerusalem to see where it all began. I'm certainly glad I did & considering I purchased a brick in Disney's Walk of Magical Memories at Disneyland I simply WILL have to visit my investment (Yes, I also broke down a few years back & purchased a brick in Disney's Walk Around the World & I have 5 Leave a Legacy tiles -3 photos & 2 "Happy Birthday!" notes).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom