Disney faced with lawsuit in Mission: Space death

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Valawen9 said:
This reminds me of the time my friend got on top of a bar to dance and fell off, then sued the bar for not stopping her from getting up on the bar.

:brick::brick::brick:

And the bad thing is, she probably won, right?

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
This is rediculous...

It is just like the McDonalds coffee on the lap. Pure greed, a deadly sin.

Testtrack321

I'm suing Mother Nature and God for making a defective product, known to us as the heart. I think that it's defective nature allows people to live lives without knowing about problems they have. They constantly malfunction, create blockagaes, and produce irregular pumpage.

I seek $4 trillion dollars from God.

As for M:S's warning signs

-next to pavilion as you enter
-next to moon
-inside dome with video of what happens on ride
-video and audio warnings inside que
-warnings in preshow 1
-warnings in preshow 2

DDuck1974

It is lawsuits like this that make me want to leave the legal profession. Such a fraud. Companies have to waste so much money every year on frivilous lawsuits like this one.

Unfortunately, the state courts in Florida are so ridiculously biased in favor of plaintiffs, that if Disney does the right thing and fights this instead of settling, a jury will ultimately get to decide the case. The trial court will not dismiss the case before trial. I just hope the jurors are smart enough to do the right thing, but since the trend in this country (especially Florida) is "absolute liability" and to compensate plaintiffs for everything, I am actually not optimistic.

disney.co.nr

Maybe they shouldnt blame their own mistakes on someone else, and take responsibility for theur own actions, it should be the parents responsibility before disneys to say weather or not a child should be allowed on the ride.

Refresh my memory, was the boys condition known?

wannab@dis

DDuck1974 said:
It is lawsuits like this that make me want to leave the legal profession. Such a fraud. Companies have to waste so much money every year on frivilous lawsuits like this one.

Unfortunately, the state courts in Florida are so ridiculously biased in favor of plaintiffs, that if Disney does the right thing and fights this instead of settling, a jury will ultimately get to decide the case. The trial court will not dismiss the case before trial. I just hope the jurors are smart enough to do the right thing, but since the trend in this country (especially Florida) is "absolute liability" and to compensate plaintiffs for everything, I am actually not optimistic.
Good point... the 'all corporations are evil' goofs are far to prevelent in society today.

disney.co.nr

Testtrack321 said:
I'm suing Mother Nature and God for making a defective product, known to us as the heart. I think that it's defective nature allows people to live lives without knowing about problems they have. They constantly malfunction, create blockagaes, and produce irregular pumpage.

I seek $4 trillion dollars from God.

As for M:S's warning signs

-next to pavilion as you enter
-next to moon
-inside dome with video of what happens on ride
-video and audio warnings inside que
-warnings in preshow 1
-warnings in preshow 2

you're my hero!:sohappy:

HunnyPot

Horizons1 said:
Not warned enough?

I remember even back before this happened, it was thought that there were too many warnings. Sheesh...

Yes! I remember when I rode it for the first time, the warning about closed, dark spaces and if you were sensitive to spinning kept coming on. I suffer from minor motion sickness, but I always try everything once, and I turned to DH and said, "I wish they would quit announcing that. It's not making me feel any better about riding!" There are a TON of warnings posted on this ride.

I feel for the family, I hate they have had to grieve for their young child. It should never happen to anyone. I just don't see what purpose there is in suing. It won't bring him back.

disney.co.nr

I doubt they'll get any money, anyone in their right mind would see that they're just trying to get money... greed plain and simple, nice way to cope with the loss of a child, screwing someone out of money, for your mistake...:fork:

popsicletrees

HunnyPot said:
Yes! I remember when I rode it for the first time, the warning about closed, dark spaces and if you were sensitive to spinning kept coming on. I suffer from minor motion sickness, but I always try everything once, and I turned to DH and said, "I wish they would quit announcing that. It's not making me feel any better about riding!" There are a TON of warnings posted on this ride.

Same here! I will ride anything, and the first time I rode M:S I psyched myself out because of all the warnings. I had second thoughts before I got on, but I did. If I were a parent of a small child (say 4 years old) I believe I would have to ride something with that many warnings first to see if it was suitable for my child, and I couldn't let a 4 year old ride it.

swimmom

The families lose is unfortunate, but children with these conditions also die on playgrounds at school or P.E. classes. Do you sue the school for not posting warnings?

My husband was a party to a fraudulant lawsuit through work that went on for 10 years! Guess what, the plaintiff didn't receive one cent!!! But I can't imagine how much money was spent by all involved. We can thank these types of individuals for our insurance increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom