News Disney extending Walt Disney World Annual Pass duration by an additional month

ant04

I paid upfront via CC and gift card too. I already called over a month ago to opt for the refund option instead of the pass extension for the duration of the closure period. I was told that I would be contacted in the future to confirm those details but have not heard anything from anyone since. Now do I have to call again if I want to opt for a full cancellation and refund? This process is beyond infuriating.

GusEzra

Does anyone know the amount that you will get refunded? I cannot find that any where, My pass with now expires on on 7/3/21 I'm thinking it might just be best and cancel take the refund then just buy a new AP at a later date since since my pass was active for like 8 days before the shut down. but would like to know that the refund would be before i pull the trigger .

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does anyone know the amount that you will get refunded? I cannot find that any where, My pass with now expires on on 7/3/21 I'm thinking it might just be best and cancel take the refund then just buy a new AP at a later date since since my pass was active for like 8 days before the shut down. but would like to know that the refund would be before i pull the trigger .
This is what no one - including Disney - seems to be able to give an answer to?

It seems pretty simple to me...
Price $ paid / 365 x days left on refund request date.

For you...that’s about 354 days by my count.

What am I missing?

Dman245

So, correct me if I am wrong but my wife and I are set to arrive at the parks tomorrow. We are going to be using our passes that were supposed to expire in June but were extended for the months the parks were closed. This policy basically means my wife and I can still use our passes for our trip this week and next and also get refunded for the days beginning July 11 through my extension date? Sounds like a good deal to me if I am reading this correctly

skimbob

I paid upfront via CC and gift card too. I already called over a month ago to opt for the refund option instead of the pass extension for the duration of the closure period. I was told that I would be contacted in the future to confirm those details but have not heard anything from anyone since. Now do I have to call again if I want to opt for a full cancellation and refund? This process is beyond infuriating.
Same here.

Chomama

Yes... always blame the customer!!!

By the way... anyone have a premier passport? I’m guessing they have simply split off the two and are handling each coast separately but just wondering what the procedure is. After several years of premier I went with just the wdw pass this year.... good timing on my part.
I do and nada from Disney yet

gavvy

Does anyone know if the link in the email is specific to each pass or person? If not could someone possibly send me the link, or post it here. For some reason, people in the UK never seem to get either the mickey monitor or any email about the annual pass even though we get everything else.

I tried calling today and was cut off after 2 hours on hold :-(

pharmd

My expiration date was extended by 30 days today.

I'm still waiting on the 4 months.

Just noticed it too. My Platinum Plus got extended from 8/14/20 (days owed from the Covid Mess) to 9/13/20. (Originally set to expire 4/19/20 and wasn't planning on renewing the AP). I changed my mind this past weekend and went for the Weekday Select Pass. Figured that would be the best bang for my buck considering all the factors. Noticed the expiration date didn't change for that tho. Still 8/14/21. I read somewhere that your Anniversary Date would not change if you did plan to renew, guess like the old policy.

But my billing started yesterday already for the Weekday Select. Thought that was strange. Feels like a month too soon. Figured the first month bill would start on 8/15/20 which is the official start date of the Weekend Select. Tried calling to verify but phone lines still jam packed.

Last edited:

RememberWhen

I thought they weren’t adding the extra month until October. Maybe if your pass expires before that they’re adding it earlier?
My family has some gold passes. Originally expiring October 2020. Now expiring February 2021. That’s the four months. It was added on before the park reservations went live. We’re expecting them to be good through March with the additional 30 days.

Gillyanne

I thought they weren’t adding the extra month until October. Maybe if your pass expires before that they’re adding it earlier?

You know this may be it; my mom's pass with closure extension got bumped to Aug 10 2020 (originally April 15); now it says Sept 09, but the other 3 passes that expire(d) later are still just the first extension...

techgeek

My family has some gold passes. Originally expiring October 2020. Now expiring February 2021. That’s the four months. It was added on before the park reservations went live. We’re expecting them to be good through March with the additional 30 days.

We have passes expiring 9/4 that just this morning got changed to 10/4. The original communication did say something about October - I was wondering how that was going to work out in our case (the "give me a month but not tell me about it till it's already past" thing would have been very predictably Disney, though... lol).

Now I just have to decide if we're actually going to step foot in a park before then or not. One thing is for sure, I don't see much motivation to renew at the moment. Maybe they will start offering better renewal incentives?

Gillyanne

Was just in our account, and the remaining 3 passes (extended expiration being Dec and Jun) have now been extended too, so it looks like they're not holding out for oct anymore.. Now if only we could get an extra 15 days or so, mine would extend to my birthday and I could throw in another Bday trip ;)

donsullivan

Premium Member
This will be interesting to see play out. My current monthly payments AP will expire in August. I opted to just suspend payments because I didn't want the renewal to get pushed too close to Christmas. I just renewed it earlier this week for another year. The current language of this suggests that I would not be eligible for this additional month since the pass that would be eligible will have already expired in October when they add this. Oh the questions that will need to be sorted out.

So this has all played out now. My current Monthly Payment AP that would have ended on 8/10/20 has now been extended to 9/9/20. They did that, but the renewal I purchased back in late June was still showing a start date of 8/10/20. The renewal has now been moved out one month so it now has a September expiration. They do not appear to be waiting until October and everything on mine is trued up to what I would expect.

Having said that, I know two local passholders who had original expirations during the shutdown, and instead of being extended, their AP's have not only not been extended, they no longer show up in MDE. There is clearly a subset of Passholders (I've heard it's just under 1,000) that have some sort of messy issue that is requiring each of them to be adjusted manually which does not seem to be moving very quickly.

GusEzra

I just noticed my date moved again as well, Org exp date was in march 21 then they moved it till july 21 to cover the closure then i just noticed it moved to aug 21 needless to say im going to cancel it and take the refund and buy new when i plan on going again for now even with the all the extentions theres just no way im getting use out of it for a while

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom