News Disney extending Walt Disney World Annual Pass duration by an additional month

Hcalvert

I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this is just a way to eliminate the large amount of passholders. To risky IMO to cancel. Things are very fluid. Who knows when or if Disney will start selling passes again and if they do it could be a steep price.

I’d be interested to know how many APs have canceled.
I took the partial refund for the closure on my Platinum AP that expired July 8 and have not received the refund yet. I then opted to renew back in June and activated the AP on July 11 and used it for 14 days. I already received my one month extension. I never received the email about cancellation, so I am thinking I wasn't eligible with the new AP. We plan to visit possibly in March and/or June again.

MrPromey

*plus $26 a day in parking.

It's not an Annual Pass, but I would agree that Universal has been kinder. Perhaps because they need us more.

Oh, absolutely.

Busch Gardens Tampa has been offering this for locals who didn't want to pay for a full annual pass for at least a decade with the same little gotcha (and missing all the other regular AP perks, as well).

Still, $26 for parking for a family of 4 sure beats admission for four plus $26 for parking.

And free parking for lower tier passes from Disney is not that old of a thing so it's hard to begrudge them that.

To me this signals that at this point, Universal is happy to have whoever they can get in the gates.

Disney on the other hand, is making it clear they only want big spenders even if it risks losing long-term "fans" and results in attendance numbers that fall short of their expectations as a result.

Both are taking a gamble in their own way but I think Universal's will be easier to step back from In January after their offer expires.

Disney's seems much higher stakes.

Last edited:

PBJelly

My pass still says it's active, after choosing the email options, where I got a confirmation about my chosen option (refund).

Is anyone else experiencing that? Was I supposed to call and pick via the email?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Gotta give WDW some credit...
WE have now received TWO checks, for two APs. Total about $340. I actually fell sorry for WDW, in that they had to double their work. We are one household, and bought our original APs on ONE CC.

PBJelly

Gotta give WDW some credit...
WE have now received TWO checks, for two APs. Total about $340. I actually fell sorry for WDW, in that they had to double their work. We are one household, and bought our original APs on ONE CC.
That's awesome you got it back so quickly. I think I paid via Paypal, so I doubt I'm getting mine returned anytime soon.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

So I had two AP. With 11 months left.

I received one check for $122.....not sure I understand the math there.
I should have given more detail...

We (eventually) got two separate checks - each one made out to the person ASSIGNED to that AP. WDW never got "household". They never cared if everything was on one CC. And our two checks were separated in time by a solid month :).

TTA94

I’m sure this has been mentioned but what’s currently happening when APs expire? Are they allowing you to renew?

Hcalvert

We (eventually) got two separate checks - each one made out to the person ASSIGNED to that AP. WDW never got "household". They never cared if everything was on one CC. And our two checks were separated in time by a solid month :).
Which type of AP did you have? From my calculations based on others' refunds months ago, I should be getting about $400 per AP back--a total of $1200. I have Platinum passes that expired on July 8. I have already renewed. Hopefully, Disney doesn't low ball me.

doctornick

I asking in another forum, but since this thread/forum gets a lot more traffic.... I'm wondering if Disney is allowing guests to upgrade existing tickets to APs at this time? I might make two trips next year and doing an AP would be cost effective for me if allowed. We already have existing tickets from a trip planned/postponed from this year.

Is it means anything we are DVC (and I'd prefer Gold passes if possible).

Creathir

I asking in another forum, but since this thread/forum gets a lot more traffic.... I'm wondering if Disney is allowing guests to upgrade existing tickets to APs at this time? I might make two trips next year and doing an AP would be cost effective for me if allowed. We already have existing tickets from a trip planned/postponed from this year.

Is it means anything we are DVC (and I'd prefer Gold passes if possible).
As of Friday, nope.
Personally emailed the VP of DVC and she confirmed there are no short term plans to allow this.

I have a trip coming up in October, and would love to come back in Feb, but we won’t be buying day tickets to do so.

They’ll be missing out on our money if they don’t let us upgrade by mid October.

techgeek

I’m sure this has been mentioned but what’s currently happening when APs expire? Are they allowing you to renew?

Yes. Our passes expire in October, and I have a renewal link on my ‘tickets’ page on the app. I think we had a postcard show up in the mail reminding us also.

mgf

So I had two AP. With 11 months left.

I received one check for $122.....not sure I understand the math there.

If you are willing, please post your experience in the AP Refund Watch thread.

Amidala

Any guesses on when Disney might start selling new APs again? I know there's no saying for sure, but I'm really hoping they'll be available by the holidays ):

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom