News Disney extending Walt Disney World Annual Pass duration by an additional month

mgf

I believe that calculation would give a total refund for unused days but that doesn't match what Disney seems to be offering, max 117 days less any days that would have been after expiration during closing.

Some have said they've asked Disney for a bigger refund to reflect all unused days (your calculation) before March 15 and that seems to be case by case.

What is unclear, at least to me, is how this new extension is being managed and what options will exist if declining the one month.

see:

Alternatively, and in lieu of the one month extension, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to cancel their annual pass and receive a partial refund.

tissandtully

Has anyone been successful in getting your Annual Pass renewed before the 60 day window?

Since my son's AP was extended from July to November, we can't renew it to make sure he has valid admission for our December trip, which makes us unable to book his park pass reservation like the rest of us. It's very frustrating. I called twice yesterday and was on hold for a total of 5 hours and was unable to reach ticketing or anyone that could help me.

Rapunzel287

So it just hit me:

MDE is already showing my AP extension - 02/20/2021. With the extra-month extension it’ll be 03/20/2021.
That’s actually pretty neat because that will cover the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend.

I was just thinking about which days would be best for Park Pass Reservations around the race weekend, but:
Accoring to Disney, the one month extension will be added to my pass in October 2020.
So will I even be able to book a day later than my official expiration date tomorrow? Say Feb. 21st? Or will I have to wait till October for reservations in my “bonus month”?

Do you guys have any insight here??

tissandtully

So it just hit me:

MDE is already showing my AP extension - 02/20/2021. With the extra-month extension it’ll be 03/20/2021.
That’s actually pretty neat because that will cover the Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend.

I was just thinking about which days would be best for Park Pass Reservations around the race weekend, but:
Accoring to Disney, the one month extension will be added to my pass in October 2020.
So will I even be able to book a day later than my official expiration date tomorrow? Say Feb. 21st? Or will I have to wait till October for reservations in my “bonus month”?

Do you guys have any insight here??
No, you can't book past your expiration date it shows as Invalid Admission.

disneygeek90

I pay in full so I can’t speak to it, but there are some reporting that Disney just charged them all at once for the months closed. Unclear if this was an error or not.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Well, this happened today. They're charging 4 months at a time to monthly payment passholders.
1593803272747.png

Touchdown

You can be refunded for the time remaining on your pass from July 11 (ie its no longer the 3 month refund it’s whatever amount you had remaining when everything shutdown.)

Last edited:

ThatMouse

They are really making this difficult. More time wasted on the phone and we used a combination of gift cards and credit card, so this will take forever to get refunded.

Touchdown

They are really making this difficult. More time wasted on the phone and we used a combination of gift cards and credit card, so this will take forever to get refunded.

Thats because it’s the only way they can refund you is in your original “currency” you made it complicated when you used two forms to buy them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve been told that if you used gift cards they may tell you they don’t know the value??

That’s classic cast ineptitude

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I would have liked the original extension and then option to reject the one month extension for a 1/12 refund but that's asking a lot. I really can't complain because I'm ending up ahead as it is, with extension we'll get a summer 2021 trip we otherwise would have needed to either renew APs or purchase 6 day tickets.

Josh.h

So this is odd, we have 4 passes (two monthly pay for the kids, two that were upgraded from three day tickets).

I got the email from Disney and clicked on the link, but it’s only showing the two on the monthly plan. The two we upgraded are missing.

TrainsOfDisney

Thats because it’s the only way they can refund you is in your original “currency” you made it complicated when you used two forms to buy them.

Yes... always blame the customer!!!

By the way... anyone have a premier passport? I’m guessing they have simply split off the two and are handling each coast separately but just wondering what the procedure is. After several years of premier I went with just the wdw pass this year.... good timing on my part.

ThatMouse

So to add complexity, my wife just received an email with a personalized URL that allowed us to to notify we wanted a refund, but it did not tell us the amount and which tickets they were for! lol! So we are assuming it was only 1 ticket and each family member has to do this. I don't get passholder emails so I'll have to call. I guess when you're a small company like Disney, you just don't have the resources to handle simple transactions. It's just annoying to have this "cancel season passes" on my to do list since March.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom